Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 18-08-2004, 12:16 PM   #41
kagemaru

hmm...thought small XB costs more if at 5" odd they have 6th level crossing?

Of cos if u compare all the 5th level XB I would then look at the shine...if not crossing should be first thing to look out for a Gold Aro

Just my 2 cents worth not helping any sides but speaking from a normal consumer viewpoint

Old 18-08-2004, 12:19 PM   #42
XRTG
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan
actually even those so called top notch ones u can't really determine whether it will cross or not ..5th level at 8" can remain 5th level at 18" ... but if a XBack dun cross, it is not a good xback
agreed. thus pricing of xback not determined by gold tone crossing. why? because we dun know if it will eventually cross or not.
Old 18-08-2004, 12:24 PM   #43
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRTG
agreed. thus pricing of xback not determined by gold tone crossing. why? because we dun know if it will eventually cross or not.
i wud think the pricing determination depends on whether u r looking at adult or juvenile xbacks ... a 4 year old adult xback with no signs of crossing, even with good colouration will not command a high price
Old 18-08-2004, 12:33 PM   #44
kagemaru

Quote:
i wud think the pricing determination depends on whether u r looking at adult or juvenile xbacks ... a 4 year old adult xback with no signs of crossing, even with good colouration will not command a high price
Very True at tat age cannot cross better spend $$$ to get same size RTG for display (only 1200 or lesser) wat for spend 3-4k on a half developed XB?

Old 18-08-2004, 12:33 PM   #45
cucumber
Senior Dragon

Quote:
You know something is not right when the buyer ask you where your the XB... when you only have one aro in your house.
Old 18-08-2004, 12:35 PM   #46
XRTG
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
yup. juvenile ones how to determine crossing? rite.
Old 18-08-2004, 12:35 PM   #47
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by cucumber
You know something is not right when the buyer ask you where your the XB... when you only have one aro in your house.
sekali he ask, how much this green ?
Old 18-08-2004, 12:38 PM   #48
williamt
Endangered Dragon

Nowadays farm normally keep xback in white fibre tank to let it cross 1st, after crossing they will select those with better base colour & shine plus good body shape to determine the grade of xback, better grade will still cost more and so on.

Gold Head aro got but still rare, not those that got gold lines but those truely gold with huge patch type on the head are hard to come by. Even nowadays looking for a pure gold is already that difficult not to mentioned gold head.

Any bros here got see a pure gold let me know
Old 18-08-2004, 12:39 PM   #49
XRTG
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamt
Nowadays farm normally keep xback in white fibre tank to let it cross 1st, after crossing they will select those with better base colour & shine plus good body shape to determine the grade of xback, better grade will still cost more and so on.

Gold Head aro got but still rare, not those that got gold lines but those truely gold with huge patch type on the head are hard to come by. Even nowadays looking for a pure gold is already that difficult not to mentioned gold head.

Any bros here got see a pure gold let me know

bro,

what's your definition of a pure gold?
Old 18-08-2004, 12:45 PM   #50
williamt
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRTG
bro,

what's your definition of a pure gold?
you saw those gold in the goldsmith shop? that is the type. The fish must not not have any faint blue shine when under light.