Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Catfish Forum

Old 28-09-2013, 04:29 PM   #61
Morbus

Two question.

1) how on earth do you guys take such good pictures! My pictures are all so bad. I think I'm going to throw a tantrum soon. Lol

2) what's the behaviour of you corys? Online I read that corys usually stay at the bottom. My corys probably spend about 20% of the time at the bottom (unless feeding, then they are all at the bottom). The rest of the time they are just swimming manically up and down the water column against the current. Basically everywhere. It's really amusing to watch but I was just wondering if I should be worried about this.
Old 28-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #62
tipsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbus View Post
Two question.

1) how on earth do you guys take such good pictures! My pictures are all so bad. I think I'm going to throw a tantrum soon. Lol

2) what's the behaviour of you corys? Online I read that corys usually stay at the bottom. My corys probably spend about 20% of the time at the bottom (unless feeding, then they are all at the bottom). The rest of the time they are just swimming manically up and down the water column against the current. Basically everywhere. It's really amusing to watch but I was just wondering if I should be worried about this.
my cories love to play with the current as well. should be fine since they have bred quite a few times =)
Old 28-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #63
Haohao
Arofanatic

Quote:
Two question.

U could try switching off ur room lights and leaving only ur tank lights only. Of course I believe nowadays dslr is pretty common n must of the solid picture u have seen around are taken using powerful dslr real zoom unlike digital zoom by digicam or mobile phones.

Yeah my cories also shooting, darting around the tank in all directions often. Like enjoying a mini meteor at home
Haohao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2013, 11:06 PM   #64
sthh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoyeoluohan View Post
Bro stth, from those i saw, i would think its C.duplicareus. but i guess different batches may differ. just look at the black bar, adolfoi black bar is not thick.
Thanks, i suspect as much too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohao View Post
I saw stebai at around 2 inches long before... Not sure if only wild caught can get so big. Was wondering due to ur stebai 5 years old but isn't that big size.
I have 3 pieces of 5 year old sterbai, about 2.5 inches long!! and fat. There are about 40 cories in the tank.

Unless I see wrong species but Sterbai pepper body with orange side fin is hard to be mistaken?

Unlike Adolf n duplicareus, I spent the whole day looking at them inside tank, trying to find the differences but still failed.
I can't tell the difference between these 2 species too.

Quote:
Two question.

You just need to switch on your tank light. Bright light makes a huge difference in photography.
sthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 04:35 AM   #65
Morbus

Thanks everyone! I think it's just my stupid camera! It's the one with the iphone 3gs. Lol.
Old 30-09-2013, 04:21 AM   #66
Cai78

Very nice..
Old 30-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #67
Aquatalk
Dragon

Sharing some new additions... Big super schwartzi... After adding some of these new schwartzi, the existing ones in the tank also become more active

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Aquatalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #68
yeoyeoluohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatalk View Post
Sharing some new additions... Big super schwartzi... After adding some of these new schwartzi, the existing ones in the tank also become more active

So you were the one who reserved the super schwartzi?
Old 30-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #69
Aquatalk
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoyeoluohan View Post
So you were the one who reserved the super schwartzi?
No lah. I only got a few pieces to accompany my current ones. The rest are reserved by someone else...

Aquatalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:04 AM   #70
DAniel_C
Dragon

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatalk View Post
No lah. I only got a few pieces to accompany my current ones. The rest are reserved by someone else...

They are super big size!!! Nicely shaped body.
DAniel_C is offline   Reply With Quote