Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 22-09-2005, 05:47 PM   #51
kagemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan
this article just describes abt lighting and kelvins being temperature ... sorry can pls tell me the relation between this and tanning ??
becos most of the time those who play tanning have look at the wrong side of the spectrum...

I put it as part of the reference is to highlight the usefulness of the other spectrum end

this is the main key to tanning and if u are using too low Kelvins...wat is resulted is always algae

Old 22-09-2005, 05:48 PM   #52
kagemaru

Quote:
ok let's say in a tank they are unable to hide and henceforth are subjected to compulsory tanning ... but this tanning has 95% of its UV wavelength being filtered out .... however, in an outdoor pond, subject to natural sunlight, the UV rays are direct and intense, w/o the glass blockage and henceforth, no filtering of the UV rays, so even if they hide, how much can they hide ?? cos UV rays penetrate thru water easily
alot of UV compare to us using side tanning in tank but it hits them on which location?

only the top...not the sides...this is where the stimulation should go...

Old 22-09-2005, 05:49 PM   #53
newbird^

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagemaru
becos most of the time those who play tanning have look at the wrong side of the spectrum...

I put it as part of the reference is to highlight the usefulness of the other spectrum end

this is the main key to tanning and if u are using too low Kelvins...wat is resulted is always algae
pls correct me if im wrong...algea loves full spectrum lights

Old 22-09-2005, 05:51 PM   #54
kagemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbird^
pls correct me if im wrong...algea loves full spectrum lights
nutrients control at 4000k and below is the best scenerio to create green water

Old 22-09-2005, 05:51 PM   #55
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:

i thought algae reacts to the full spectrum of lights ???
Old 22-09-2005, 05:53 PM   #56
winkelhock
Endangered Dragon

Quote:

Wat is the K for sunlight....as when i start tanning in the beginning,algae always appear.
Old 22-09-2005, 05:54 PM   #57
kagemaru

Quote:
i thought algae reacts to the full spectrum of lights ???
hmm John I mean if u end up with green water its gonna affect the effectiveness of the tanning exercise

the best is using the right range minmises nutrients / waste and max out the light effect

Old 22-09-2005, 05:55 PM   #58
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
alot of UV compare to us using side tanning in tank but it hits them on which location?

only the top...not the sides...this is where the stimulation should go...
err .... must tanning be direct on each part to have effect ??? i've always felt that when u r in the water, the reflections will tan u overall ... well, wat happens is that I swim quite a bit .... and its not my back that's dark only .... my body is also dark ... this is quite different from how we tan when we're out of the water ... when u lie face down, u get ur back burnt and when u lie face up, ur body gets burnt .... the overall tanning when u r in the water is pretty different ... this is of cos due to the reflections in the water and that UV rays penetrate water easily
Old 22-09-2005, 05:56 PM   #59
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkelhock
Wat is the K for sunlight....as when i start tanning in the beginning,algae always appear.
5500 - 6500 ....
Old 22-09-2005, 05:56 PM   #60
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
hmm John I mean if u end up with green water its gonna affect the effectiveness of the tanning exercise

the best is using the right range minmises nutrients / waste and max out the light effect
i see ... ok so this is in relation to water quality rather than the wavelength of lights itself ...

Tags
tanning light arowana