Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 21-12-2016, 10:00 PM   #1
leo lim
Dragon

Default Fgt

Thinking of switching from 3ft tank to fgt. Any size recommendation as decided to keep koi instead of GF. And beside those fg filter tank that use to mount ontop of fgt, what other filtration system is recommended? need surface skimmer? Need air pump? How frequent is the WC?
leo lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2016, 10:27 AM   #2
denser
Dragon

Size is as big as better, but i feel there is no good size fgt for koi, they are mend for pond. Those filter box is not as good, I would use stackable filtration as high as possible, air pump a must and twice a week WC depends on your feeding
denser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2016, 11:40 AM   #3
goldfish&koi
Dragon

it all depends on which type of KOI you want to keep.
Jumbo KOI 80 to 100over cm? or normal KOI that will only grow up to 50 over to maybe the max of 70 cm. ( if I never remember wrongly many years back there is a guy got interview from local TV on KOI keeping he keep 3 pcs of 70cm koi in a 7by 2.5ft FGT under his doubt tier bed.)

there is nv a best type of filter for everyone. it all depend on your budget. I personally like bakki shower type of filter but most people don't like cos is noisy.

Koi fish need a lot oxygen so air pump is needed.

as for water change it depend on how big is your tub, how much you feed, how good your filter and how many koi you keep.

hope the above help you in a way.
goldfish&koi is offline   Reply With Quote