denser
Dragon

tks for sharing. already can see impressive shines
denser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:02 AM   #82
Seamaster

Update for Day 35 (a older vidz)

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

This was an earlier movie that I made, but was not sure if that was the best time to post the vidz as the frys were not doing well then. However, the danger has passed since then, and here is the development for day 35 to fill in the blanks.

Important to note that Arowanas are life stocks...and falling ill is part of the process. Life in all forms is fragile in this aspect. Important to have a good Arowana doctor who is experienced, sharp and has a "healing hand".

Kudos to Mr. "Hand Herder". He really knows what he is doing. Enjoy the vidz.

Stay tune for Day 40 and Day 41
Old 02-11-2010, 04:00 PM   #83
Seamaster

Update for Day 40

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I love Saturdays, and here is the reason why. Not 2 more FSF (free swimming fry), Not 4 more FSF, BUT a total of 15 FSF. What a big surprise. I'm simply loving this documentary journey.

I'm not sure what happened from Day 39 to Day 40. Within 24 hours, the other 9 frys just decided to "let's go swimming". And I must say that they did swim very well indeed. LOLX. So happy.....makes me feel like singing that old sixes song...."Such a feeling coming over me...there is wonder in everything I see......" *SMILES*

Yes something interesting to look at in the vidz, (because you guys only get the crop version so that you will not be too bored watching frys swim), as i was filming the frys on the right side of the tank, I notice that for some reason, most of the frys that swim across the length of the tank was doing a "touch and go" kind of thingy. The frys wil swim towards the video camera's side, touch the right side of the tank with their barbels, rub the glass few times, then swim right back the way they came. Fascinating! It's almost like they were being "takan" in the army...u see that tree...run there and come back kind of thingy.

I had a strong suspicion that they were attracted to the dark color of the camera lens or simply a dark object. Maybe they were looking for their father aro.......something to gather around to cuddle against. (you know for those of you who are parents, every new born baby will crave the touch of an adult. That physical touch is just so important.)

So i got my lovely assistant to put her fingers on the tank and wriggle the fingers. UNBELIEVABLE!!! They started to crowd around the fingers. You have really got to see it. I'm telling you, it's like see "Luo Han" fish behaviour but just that they are baby aros.

I have also notice that some eggs sacs have a semi translucent area were the density of the yoke seems to be lesser. Initially I thought it was air bubble in the egg sac, but upon closer examination, it is fluid of a different density. You will be seeing it in the vidz. Look out for it. Not sure if that will affect the growth of the fry.

There are still 5 frys that are still "resting" at the bottom. I hope they swim soon....cause Egor is still there too. I hope he makes it.

Cheers.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:26 AM   #84
lim999

Nice development and thanks for sharing...
Old 08-11-2010, 01:02 AM   #85
Seamaster

Update for Day 41

YouTube Video

Just got back from an overseas trip. So lots of backlog videos to edit. Apologies. Give some time to settle down. Videos will resume soon.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:45 AM   #86
benjamin

may i ask at what age will they be tagged?
Old 08-11-2010, 10:51 AM   #87
Seamaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin View Post
may i ask at what age will they be tagged?
usually when they are abt 6 inches.....as to age...depends on how the frys take to food. Some eat faster and grow more, some eat slower and grow less. So size is a better criteria.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:06 AM   #88
gregsng
Arofanatic

Awesome effort Seamaster. Us hobbyist get to experience the infant aro's journey thanks to you. Btw, is there any need to do water change during the 1+ month of monitoring? Sponge filteration sufficient?
gregsng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:13 AM   #89
Seamaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsng View Post
Awesome effort Seamaster. Us hobbyist get to experience the infant aro's journey thanks to you. Btw, is there any need to do water change during the 1+ month of monitoring? Sponge filteration sufficient?
You are most welcome..........

I think water change is a must for frys on a daily basis. But you need to watch the water chemistry (PH, GH, Calcium carbonate etc. and temperature). But do check with the experts....I'm only an observer....the video man.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:14 PM   #90
SFC
Arofanatic

so cute but by the way what fishes is that?
SFC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crossback, days, eggs, fry, harvest