Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 27-12-2004, 08:27 PM   #1
gregorsamsa

Default 2ft tank in gallery

hey folks,
went teo's with liuhao yesterday and got some glosso and after that went shopping on my own.

specs are as follows

Aquarium setup
1. Tank dimensions:2x1x1
2. Lighting: 4x15watt FL 10hr photoperiod
3. Filtration: Internall canister
4. Extra equipments: DIY Co2 inlined to power head
5. Base fertiliser: Cocopeat
6. Gravel: Black gravel

Fauna
1. most probably Algae eaters and and ghost shrimps

Flora
1. glossostigma

Routine
1. water change 10% everyweek
2. using Lushgro series of fertilisers after water change
3.lighting period broken into 2 periods of 5 hours

Gallery
the correct link

as it is obviously non-original piece of work and that my (only) glosso is just planted, i invite only comments pertaining to the positioning/style of of the rocks as well as the sloping of the gravel. Please do not, i implore of you, attach my pic from the gallery onto this thread.

cheers

P.s.
its day one so there aint no fishes

Last edited by gregorsamsa; 27-12-2004 at 09:32 PM. Reason: wrong link
Old 27-12-2004, 09:31 PM   #2
cci[RR]us

This is the working link: http://www.arofanatics.com/members/g...ewscape271204/
Old 27-12-2004, 09:33 PM   #3
gregorsamsa

thanks alot for the help friend.

cheers and happy planting
Old 28-12-2004, 02:35 AM   #4
ZhiQiang

simple and nice...
Old 28-12-2004, 07:53 PM   #5
onlyyouknow
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorsamsa
thanks alot for the help friend.

Hi,

Think you setup is too uniform, lacks difference in height. Planning to add more plants later? Some taller plants should make the setup look nicer.

Cheers,
Lawrance
onlyyouknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2004, 08:26 PM   #6
gregorsamsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyyouknow
Hi,

Think you setup is too uniform, lacks difference in height. Planning to add more plants later? Some taller plants should make the setup look nicer.

Cheers,
Lawrance
Hi Lawrence,

the lack of height difference/contouring, is partly my fault. when i lowerd the water for the planting and addition of (black) gravel, i couldn't "see" the difference or least percieve it. there is slight sloping from front to plant but you/I can't see it because the glosso is further distorting it.

As for further planting, this setup was actually inspired by another forumite in AQ, Aeon (work:faraway mountain's), as well as "hill Rug Act in Nature Aquarium book 3. In Aeon's setup, only glosso and rocks were used. personally i did not add other plants because i'm still on DIY plus stem requires (much more) maintenance, and also because there is going to be furniture reshuffle at home. With glosso rock only combi, i can just lower the water level and shift without replanting.

Lawrence, rest assured once the glosso sets in, i will revamp this tank with glosso as foreground. But that would have to wait 2-3 months?

thanks for your comments, will update this thread once the glosso does set in and anyother changes.

Old 30-12-2004, 12:09 AM   #7
onlyyouknow
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Hi Lawrence,

the lack of height difference/contouring, is partly my fault. when i lowerd the water for the planting and addition of (black) gravel, i couldn't "see" the difference or least percieve it. there is slight sloping from front to plant but you/I can't see it because the glosso is further distorting it.

As for further planting, this setup was actually inspired by another forumite in AQ, Aeon (work:faraway mountain's), as well as "hill Rug Act in Nature Aquarium book 3. In Aeon's setup, only glosso and rocks were used. personally i did not add other plants because i'm still on DIY plus stem requires (much more) maintenance, and also because there is going to be furniture reshuffle at home. With glosso rock only combi, i can just lower the water level and shift without replanting.

Lawrence, rest assured once the glosso sets in, i will revamp this tank with glosso as foreground. But that would have to wait 2-3 months?

thanks for your comments, will update this thread once the glosso does set in and anyother changes.

Hi,

If that's the case, maybe you can shift the gravel to create a slope of some sort so that it will not look so uniform. Looking forward to seeing the tank in a few months time when everything has grown in.

Cheers,
Lawrance
onlyyouknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2004, 05:54 AM   #8
aCe^bOwleRz

Is it this?

Simple setup but perhaps you should try to make a moss wall
Old 01-01-2005, 04:10 AM   #9
gregorsamsa

ace:

can't get a moss wall yet. im doing it slowlt first. will wait for the glosso to cover the ground then proceed for there. thanks for the comments.

cheers
Old 01-01-2005, 02:48 PM   #10
aCe^bOwleRz

Quote:
ace:

can't get a moss wall yet. im doing it slowlt first. will wait for the glosso to cover the ground then proceed for there. thanks for the comments.

cheers
Glosso are hungry for fertilisers so if there is insufficient base fertilisers or liquid fertilisers, you glosso might grow slower. Do you have any CO2?