Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 14-12-2008, 11:14 AM   #1
168km/h

Default Cherry vs Sakura vs CRS

I would like to know whats the difference between Cherry vs Sakura.
Read the forum and found that cherry and sakura are the same family, the only diff are the colours. can anyone provide picture of both shrimps?

currently my tank holds 1 cherry, 1 sakura, 2 CRS and 1 shrimplets ( dun konw whose shrimplets is that )
Old 14-12-2008, 11:24 AM   #2
ahloy
Dragon

if i not wrong, cherry and sakura is the same thing.. just that the colour different..

is just like saying different grade of crs.. maybe grade c is cherry then grade s is sakura..

sakura is produce thru selective breeding to produce the bright red colour..

correct me if i'm wrong..
ahloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 11:36 AM   #3
ruthlesskiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 168km/h View Post
Read the forum and found that cherry and sakura are the same family, the only diff are the colours. can anyone provide picture of both shrimps?

currently my tank holds 1 cherry, 1 sakura, 2 CRS and 1 shrimplets ( dun konw whose shrimplets is that )
err u shdnt mix cherry and sakuras cos if they breed that wipes out years of selective breeding
Old 14-12-2008, 01:43 PM   #4
silane
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 168km/h View Post

Sukura is known as Huo Ji Xia in Taiwan. The standard of Huo Ji Xia is very high.

Years ago, initially, there was a bach or 2 of Taiwan Huo Ji Xia sold in LFS as Sakura, the quality was really good.

Now, Sukura can be selected from a pool of cherry and/or cherry breed in very high pH to force out the color. Care must be taken when keeping these high pH bred cherry, the death rate can be quite high if pH is too much difference or/and acclaimisation is too fast. Some people faced initial molting problem.
silane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 06:55 PM   #5
onlyyouknow
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by silane View Post
Sukura is known as Huo Ji Xia in Taiwan. The standard of Huo Ji Xia is very high.

Years ago, initially, there was a bach or 2 of Taiwan Huo Ji Xia sold in LFS as Sakura, the quality was really good.

Now, Sukura can be selected from a pool of cherry and/or cherry breed in very high pH to force out the color. Care must be taken when keeping these high pH bred cherry, the death rate can be quite high if pH is too much difference or/and acclaimisation is too fast. Some people faced initial molting problem.
Interesting, never knew high pH can force out colours in cherries. The cherries I used to keep sometimes have very red ones. Never knew why some very red and some not red. Thanks! Learnt something new everyday...
onlyyouknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 12:05 AM   #6
Deathwish

any pictures to show the difference?
Old 15-12-2008, 01:33 AM   #7
168km/h

I've 3 types of shrimps in the tank and i notice that CRS are the more active type.

Think I'm gonna set up my 2 feet CRS tank liao. just love the way they move around. unlike the cherry and sakura they just stay in one place.... only food will move them.... lazy bums .......
Old 15-12-2008, 11:53 AM   #8
WaterDroplets

erm actually, my cherries are pretty active..

well mayb active is subjective and relative..
Old 15-12-2008, 04:07 PM   #9
d2sign

Hi Silane, it should call "Ji Huo Xia 极火虾".

Red Cherry:

in between:

Sakura:

Hope this help to clarify.
Old 15-12-2008, 05:41 PM   #10
trevally
Dragon

Any idea where to get taiwan imported sakura in singapore ?
trevally is offline   Reply With Quote