Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Product Reviews

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2005, 10:49 PM   #41
bonjour2
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodlamb
I don't have a unit of these hailea thats why I'm interested in knowing more. Maybe I will get one as a backup for my enaly.

My only concern is that it is lasting or not. It may take a few months before some rubber/plastic inside get eaten up by ozone. This is the feedback I get from some people about thoese cheap china made ozonizer. nim75sg you should let us know in a few months the progress of the unit.

I was contemplating on getting a sanders when the enaly bulk order came up. The reviews in RC (both long and short term usage) seems good and its appears to be fairly lasting.

BTW Does this unit comes with the hailea air pump?
yup , it comes with the Hailea Air pump. Sanders is quite promising , though i have never used it before. the reviews in RC mention gd feedbacks on it, but i recall seeing some neg ones on other websites , i think at the reeflounge or something. Let me recall and post the link here.
We will know the outcome after 3 - 5 mths? for a China CE certified Ozone unit?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 10:52 PM   #42
nim75sg
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodlamb
I don't have a unit of these hailea thats why I'm interested in knowing more. Maybe I will get one as a backup for my enaly.

My only concern is that it is lasting or not. It may take a few months before some rubber/plastic inside get eaten up by ozone. This is the feedback I get from some people about thoese cheap china made ozonizer. nim75sg you should let us know in a few months the progress of the unit.

Will definitely update how does the unit performs as I am currently using this to another China-Made Skimmer .. Macro Needle-Wheel

I was contemplating on getting a sanders when the enaly bulk order came up. The reviews in RC (both long and short term usage) seems good and its appears to be fairly lasting.

Both my Sanders are doing very well and believe that they will outlast the lifespan of the livestocks in their respective tanks. However they are ex which is the painful part and that is why I am exploring other alternatives like Enaly and now Hailea.

So far .. the Hailea is living up to my initial expectations ie no smell of ozone leakage.


BTW Does this unit comes with the hailea air pump?
Yes it does comes with an ozone resistant airpump Model ACO9902 while there is a similar model in the market today but market as AC9902.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 10:53 PM   #43
bloodlamb
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjour2
yup , it comes with the Hailea Air pump. Sanders is quite promising , though i have never used it before. the reviews in RC mention gd feedbacks on it, but i recall seeing some neg ones on other websites , i think at the reeflounge or something. Let me recall and post the link here.
We will know the outcome after 3 - 5 mths? for a China CE certified Ozone unit?
What does CE certify? I thought it just mean that it will not short circuit your mains and not likely to burst into flames.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 11:15 PM   #44
BarraCuda™
SiaoGu Gives You Wings
 
BarraCuda™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 4,169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nim75sg
Yes it does comes with an ozone resistant airpump Model ACO9902 while there is a similar model in the market today but market as AC9902.
I dont think there is ozone resistant air pump around? Btw .. there is no need for ozone resistance because no ozone will go through the air pump
BarraCuda™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 11:29 PM   #45
Ariel
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjour2
sort of, position yr air stone such that the air from the air stone is not sucked by the return pump and discharged in the main tank. place further away from the suction of the return pump.
Thanks, will set up tmr when I am free
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 01:23 AM   #46
wlchew
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodlamb
What does CE certify? I thought it just mean that it will not short circuit your mains and not likely to burst into flames.
Hi Bro,

Here are some information extracted on "CE" :
The CE mark is a mandatory European marking for certain product groups to indicate conformity with the essential health and safety requirements set out in European Directives. The letters 'CE' are an abbreviation of Conformité Européenne, French for European conformity. The CE mark must be affixed to a product if it falls under the scope of the approx. 20 so called 'New Approach' Directives. Without the CE marking, and thus without complying with the provisions of the Directives, the product may not be placed in the market or put into service in the fifteen member states of the European Union and Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein. Thus, CE marking can be regarded as the products trade passport for Europe.

Mainland, China do not have "CE", they have "China Compulsory Certification", abbreviated as "CCC", to replace the Compulsory Supervision System for Product Safety Certification and the Safety License System for Import Commodities.

Hope this will be useful to all.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 11:55 PM   #47
Ariel
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarraCuda™
I dont think there is ozone resistant air pump around? Btw .. there is no need for ozone resistance because no ozone will go through the air pump
Actually according to instruction manual there is ACO9902, which came with the ozone generator bro Bonjour2 ordered. I dont know why u r so sure there is no such product, care to share?
I also check the ACO9902 box, but there is no indication of any "ozone safe"?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 12:34 AM   #48
bonjour2
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel
Actually according to instruction manual there is ACO9902, which came with the ozone generator bro Bonjour2 ordered. I dont know why u r so sure there is no such product, care to share?
I also check the ACO9902 box, but there is no indication of any "ozone safe"?
Bro Ariel , wat Bara meant is that aquarium air pumps do not take into consideration " Ozone Safe" feature, ie , no consideration of using ozone safe parts in its prodn . The instruction manual says the Ozone generator must be used in conjunction with the ACO9902 as according to Hailea the air pump rate fits this ozone unit best .

Like Bara, i am very confident to say that no air pumps in the aquarium industry will certify their pump " Ozone Safe" since there is not a need in the first place.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 12:44 AM   #49
Ariel
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjour2
Bro Ariel , wat Bara meant is that aquarium air pumps do not take into consideration " Ozone Safe" feature, ie , no consideration of using ozone safe parts in its prodn . The instruction manual says the Ozone generator must be used in conjunction with the ACO9902 as according to Hailea the air pump rate fits this ozone unit best .

Like Bara, i am very confident to say that no air pumps in the aquarium industry will certify their pump " Ozone Safe" since there is not a need in the first place.
OK, thanks for the the clarification
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 01:24 PM   #50
nim75sg
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Just an update on the findings of the ozonizer:

1) Unit is temperature "cool" unlike my previos experience with Enaly which is "warm"
2) Rheostat adjusted to about 18 mg
3) No smell of ozone for 6 days detected - (Ozone detected once outlet air tubing disconnected)
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 12:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)