Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Old 11-06-2019, 07:34 PM   #261
lenghan
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by moscowblue View Post
I think the problem with Herrara not staying is becos Woody cocked up again.

OGS would have wanted him to stay, but Woody nego and say salary not right.

Mata may have taken a pay cut to stay on and anyway, Mata is a fan favourite
Players would have had to take a 25% pay cut cos of not reaching the top four position, which is incorporated to their contracts.
Maybe that is why Pogba and De Gea are seeking new grounds
lenghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 08:58 PM   #262
loveikan
Arofanatic

I read an interview which Herrera said he felt not respected during the contract nego....
loveikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:43 PM   #263
loveikan
Arofanatic

The transfer market is getting way out of control with ridiculous valuation being put on a player either by the selling club or the agent.

Yes, it is a free market but these club and agent taking advantage when the opportunity arises.
Old 11-06-2019, 11:37 PM   #264
jwhtan
Barney

Players linked to us .......
and I certainly would have miss some

Goalkeepers
Jasper Cillesen, Andre Onana, Jan Oblak, Gianluigi Donnarumma

Defenders
Matthij De Ligt, Toby Alderweireld, Kostas Manolas, Kalidou Koulibaly, Harry Maguire, Aaron Wan Bissaka, Samuel Umtiti,
Raphael Varane, Milan Skriniar, Nikola Milenkovic, Benjamin Pavard, Thomas Meunier

Midfielders
Bruno Fernandes, Christian Eriksen, Rodri, Tanguy Ndombele, Saul Niguez, Adrien Rabiot, James Maddison, Declan Rice, Sean Longstaff, Philippe Coutinho

Forwards
Joao Felix, Antoine Griezmann, Paulo Dybala, Nicolas Pepe, Jadon Sancho, Moussa Dembele, Gareth Bale, Sebastien Haller, Richarlison,

I just off hand pick those I can remember ......
Is like wow ...... how many of these rumours are actually Fake News ?

Later Shanmugam catch
jwhtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 04:16 PM   #265
SabaDen92
Endangered Dragon

Read lots of report that Woody is haggling on the price of the Portuguese midfielder, Fernandes which we shud hv confirmed earlier. Now other clubs r showing interest n Sporting is holding out for a bidding war

Hopefully not true else we'll end up paying over the mkt value...

But then again, it's so like Woody
SabaDen92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 05:47 PM   #266
lenghan
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabaDen92 View Post
Read lots of report that Woody is haggling on the price of the Portuguese midfielder, Fernandes which we shud hv confirmed earlier. Now other clubs r showing interest n Sporting is holding out for a bidding war

So very true. Just like Mcguire. Last season Woody refused to sanction JM purchase cos he felt too expensive but today he cost at least another additional 10million and yet we seems interested!!!
Old 12-06-2019, 06:43 PM   #267
moscowblue
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabaDen92 View Post

The problem is when i see some very good players transferred to other clubs, the price they paid is like very cheap and a good deal, but when talk about coming to United, the price automatically double or almost triple sometimes. We wear orange with green cap??

But I do like the new player we confirmed James, fast, stocky and fearless
moscowblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 09:46 PM   #268
loveikan
Arofanatic

Hope they quickly sell PP at the reported €150 mil and invest the money into the team

Btw when will Woody hand over the transfer responsibility?
Read that, we will not hv a DOF after all.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:16 PM   #269
lenghan
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveikan View Post
Hope they quickly sell PP at the reported €150 mil and invest the money into the team

Btw when will Woody hand over the transfer responsibility?
Read that, we will not hv a DOF after all.
Yes read that Woody would like to maintain this "CONTROL" and does not wish to relinquish this port-folio.
So LPPL
He will have sole control and managers would simply have to do his biddings.
So probably all these hypes about who is coming or going are merely rumours only

Last edited by lenghan; 12-06-2019 at 11:18 PM.
Old 13-06-2019, 01:17 PM   #270
sfk7
Arofanatic

From https://www.football365.com/news/sev...-to-get-rid-of

Agree with his points except maybe Luke Shaw

Getting rid of the deadwood
United desperately need signings, but they need to display a similar level of urgency in getting rid of the deadwood that sits at our club year after year. A good start would be to stop offering bad players contract extensions, but alas, here we are. Who needs to go? Let me tell you, my naive friend who believes any of the people I’m about to mention will actually leave.

1) Ashley Young. If next season starts and Ashley Young walks out of that tunnel with the captain’s armband on, I will be taking a sabbatical from football. I’m very much like Pep Guardiola in that sense. Seriously though, Ashley Young needs to leave and never look back. We all need to pretend that he was never here. He is the epitome of everything wrong with this club. Bad players getting contract extensions because they’re English and “reliable.” And by “reliable” I mean he had a few games that were better than most people would have thought a bad winger turned bad full back could muster up.

2) Phil Jones and Chris Smalling. Comedy duo of the century. Two players who truly know how to bring out the worst in each other and myself. Let us end the proverbial shit storm that plagues our club. Please, for the love of football, just leave.

3) Luke Shaw. Voted our player of the season. Luke Shaw was voted our player of the season. Luke. Shaw. The type of player who looks like he just kind of got bored so he decided to stop trying very hard. Guess it’s working out well.

4) Sanchez. At least you can play piano.

5) Lukaku. For his own sake. Wherever he goes next, he will score goals. Wherever he goes after that, he will score goals. Unfortunately, despite a pretty decent record, United and Lukaku seem like a mismatch. Yet the love Daniel Storey made me feel for you remains.

6) Lingard. He has the creativity of a 70 year old accountant and he shoots like a democrat. Get him out.

I am now bored of this and will stop. Goodbye.
Gaaavie, Kaapstad naaier
sfk7 is offline   Reply With Quote