Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 24-02-2005, 10:19 PM   #41
prodrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fong
blue based xback small look nice... as it gets bigger, the base color become dirty as the gold starts to migrate inwards... see the pic vic posted and u will get what i mean.
For blue base thin frame xb, is there a possiblility that how we keep the fish will attribute or help in some way in maintaining the thin frame blue base? i heard some tips/methods for keeping this type of fish... but sometimes I do wonder if it's accurate?

Old 24-02-2005, 10:23 PM   #42
fong
Dragon

bro figo,

the first pic is actually a Electric Blue. But take a look again, this is actually a gold based aro. So the name doesnt mean a thing. Judge by the actual fish itself. Blue base fish looks dirty when adult. See the pic vic posted. Gold based young fish has very light based color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo
bro,
just to check with u, if the cert stated as full malaysia gold, is the first pic right??? right now seeing some blue base on the scale, when it grow to adulthood, the lbue base will turn gold right??? tkssss
Old 24-02-2005, 10:30 PM   #43
fong
Dragon

Hi rumraisin,

yours will likely turn out to be a gold base xback. A very nice one. Whether it will be a full gold will depend if the gold covers the entire body as it matures. To be a full gold, it has to be a gold base, else, it can never be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumraisin
the Full Gold that i'm getting also has some blue color in its base. i was told this blue may or may not intensify as it matures. there's a high probability that your guess is right with the blue base turning gold in your full malaysia gold as it matures, but i doubt anyone could give u a definite answer on how the fish will turn out as both blue and gold color may be in the aro's genetics.

Last edited by fong; 25-02-2005 at 12:24 AM.
Old 24-02-2005, 10:38 PM   #44
fong
Dragon

Dont think so. It can delay the setting in of the gold, but will not prevent the eventual occurrence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodrive
For blue base thin frame xb, is there a possiblility that how we keep the fish will attribute or help in some way in maintaining the thin frame blue base? i heard some tips/methods for keeping this type of fish... but sometimes I do wonder if it's accurate?
Old 24-02-2005, 11:15 PM   #45
rumraisin

Quote:
Hi rumraisin,

yours will likely turn out to be a gold base xback. A very nice one.

Hello Bro Fong... tnx for the compliment! i hope u r right w/ the prediction coz i've had my share of blue base xb... now really want a gold base!

Old 24-02-2005, 11:57 PM   #46
R0bert
Endangered Dragon

Thank you very much to both bro fong and vic and oso to all bro who have taken part in this discussion.

Think I need some time to digest all points/comments raised in this thread but they are by no means exhausted. So keep your points/comments coming.

Really appreciated the effort you have taken to raise the pointers/comments, especially bro fong and vic.

Thank you.
Old 25-02-2005, 01:01 AM   #47
fong
Dragon

example of a full gold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0bert
Thank you very much to both bro fong and vic and oso to all bro who have taken part in this discussion.

Think I need some time to digest all points/comments raised in this thread but they are by no means exhausted. So keep your points/comments coming.

Really appreciated the effort you have taken to raise the pointers/comments, especially bro fong and vic.

Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg full gold.jpg (12.6 KB, 793 views)
Old 25-02-2005, 01:05 AM   #48
R0bert
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
example of a full gold...
Thanks for the pic. Notice not all the scale covered by the gold. Is this normal?
Old 25-02-2005, 01:15 AM   #49
fong
Dragon

not all covered but almost all cover liao.. hard to find 100% covered one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0bert
Thanks for the pic. Notice not all the scale covered by the gold. Is this normal?
Old 25-02-2005, 01:17 AM   #50
R0bert
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
it is coz it is a fully gold covered ARO = full gold.
but some scales on lvl 3 and 4 not fully covered leh!

Btw, any pic on a gold based xback?