Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Old 30-11-2011, 04:14 PM   #1
WiNd.feNg
Dragon

Default European LFS

After looking at it.. it seems that our local arena will need some catching up to become like theirs.

as i was told, in singapore we can get fish at really low prices but thats maybe also why our LFS are pretty basic.. not forgetting our rental rates are crazy.

below are the showroom style of the european lfs.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
WiNd.feNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
FlipPico
Dragon

nice place they got there!! we got very limited place that y it is hard to find a big shop that do all that...thank for sharing!!
FlipPico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
Sunday
Dragon

Looking at their LFS, it's understandable why the Westerners always blast our fishkeeping standards. One place i would like to visit is Japan and its LFS. From what i've heard, they're bloody brilliant!
Sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 05:51 PM   #4
TOFUUUUUU
Dragon

Super nice! No fish is in a bare tank i assume
TOFUUUUUU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 09:51 PM   #5
RELAX
Dragon

remind me of aquar empire
RELAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 10:47 PM   #6
leavemeuntitled
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RELAX View Post
remind me of aquar empire
same here!haha
leavemeuntitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:50 AM   #7
tifanis79
Arofanatic

I think it's more of a culture thing. They see fit to make their tanks have good displays to draw in customers and what not, but they price their fish much higher than we do here because they have to pay for all the maintenance as well. Also, the demand for fish in other parts of the world isn't as high as in Asia. Here, we see bare tanks packed with fish, mainly because the fish come and go so quickly. How long do you see the same fish in the LFS for? Also, it's easy to maintain, and cheap to keep it simple. We don't even need to use anything but sponge filters here. As to which way is better, it's all about preference really.
tifanis79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:37 AM   #8
Stoneman

Haha, I think itīs so funny to see the differences between cultures and what everyone is used to.

I live in Sweden, next to Denmark from where the video is made. I have to say that we have almost the same standard when it comes to the nice tanks in LFSīs. Never barebottom, always with some plants, looks nice.

But on the other hand, what kind of fish is up for display? 2 dollar cichlids, tetras etc. Sure, some rare pleco, Indo dats and silver arowanas finds its way in to the country a couple of times every year, but itīs nowhere near the high standards as shops in Singapore.

Itīs when I sit and see all the new arrivals at Stones, C328 etc, I realize how cold and boring Sweden and Scandinavia really is. If you want RTG and Xbacks, BD rays or even rare Pbass you simple have to import it yourself.

So even if all you Singapore bros are used to all of this exotic fish on a daily basis, for me, it would be a dream come true to visit an aro farm and checking out some Singapore LFS.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:57 AM   #9
washywashy
Dragon

I guess our LFS are more practical? By not having furnished tanks, it would be much easier to catch the fish that is meant for sale and not for display. Also talking about daily maintenance, it would be more tedious to maintain a few planted tanks that house the sale fishes!
washywashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:12 PM   #10
PNT Guy
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
Haha, I think itīs so funny to see the differences between cultures and what everyone is used to.

I live in Sweden, next to Denmark from where the video is made. I have to say that we have almost the same standard when it comes to the nice tanks in LFSīs. Never barebottom, always with some plants, looks nice.

But on the other hand, what kind of fish is up for display? 2 dollar cichlids, tetras etc. Sure, some rare pleco, Indo dats and silver arowanas finds its way in to the country a couple of times every year, but itīs nowhere near the high standards as shops in Singapore.

Itīs when I sit and see all the new arrivals at Stones, C328 etc, I realize how cold and boring Sweden and Scandinavia really is. If you want RTG and Xbacks, BD rays or even rare Pbass you simple have to import it yourself.

So even if all you Singapore bros are used to all of this exotic fish on a daily basis, for me, it would be a dream come true to visit an aro farm and checking out some Singapore LFS.
True but its also because of Singapore being one of the leading breeding and exporter of ornamental fish. From rays to Xb u name it we breed it. But soon the land of those fish farms are going to be reclaimed by the Singapore government, so these cheap exotic fish may be a thing of the past already... What's more is the Singapore government doesn't seem to support fish farms
PNT Guy is offline   Reply With Quote