Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Old 30-11-2011, 04:45 AM   #1
Junior

Default Clown knife fish

Any one have this species of fish? Is it hard to care? How big should the tank be? Advice advice thanks
Old 30-11-2011, 03:59 PM   #2
gracy
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
Any one have this species of fish? Is it hard to care? How big should the tank be? Advice advice thanks
I used to have a few pieces in my tank, but they can get aggressive with each other, but so far the pieces i had show no aggression, now im left with one albino clown knife 14".. feeding on MP and pellets and feeders...

not difficult to care for, provide them some DW, they seems to like the idea of hiding...
gracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
motoro_freak

carnivorous fish which eats alot and grows huge i think royal knife fish looks nicer
Old 30-11-2011, 06:49 PM   #4
Junior

A 3 ft tank enough for them? Can comm with what fish? I have a FH now...can comm with it? I comm pacu with FH ,, pacu die
Old 30-11-2011, 11:51 PM   #5

I guess it all depends bro.

I heard of pacu killing gars, gars killing other fishes too. But my gars are pretty friendly and peaceful. So u gotta judge yourself.

If your FH has a track record of killing, then putting a small knife wouldn't help. If u wanna try, get 1 that is of similar size to your FH to maximise chance.

Then again, always be prepared to remove the fish if comm fails.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:06 PM   #6
punggol

I used to have one that fed well on MP and grow from about 20cm to 50cm within about half a year, but one fine day it suddenly started swimming sideways and later on died on me. I do not know the reason but in general I think it is not a difficult fish to keep. In my opinion, 3ft tank might be a little too small.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:46 PM   #7
Blur Blur

It is a boring fish that like to hide, and it is aggressive who will attack any intruder.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:14 AM   #8
Junior

oooh..thanks....what fish is exciting to see beside aro and FH...can fit in a 3-4 ft tank...any recommendation from any bro? Name of fish i not that sure...can post some pictures for me too so i can go do some shopping....
Old 02-12-2011, 10:02 AM   #9
issacyeo
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
oooh..thanks....what fish is exciting to see beside aro and FH...can fit in a 3-4 ft tank...any recommendation from any bro? Name of fish i not that sure...can post some pictures for me too so i can go do some shopping....
bro, FH are quite aggressive. dun think u have much choices...
issacyeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:59 PM   #10
tian ya ren
Dragon

they can survive with no air pump .
tian ya ren is offline   Reply With Quote