Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Guppy Forum

Old 12-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #31
angelo
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinubux View Post
Can I assume that the nets are part of your order from Taiwan, if so, are you able to pm me your account number so that I can see to the transfer of funds for my order of nets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekoon View Post
bro angelo,

also like to know if the bbs net is part of the shipment, how much and how to pay you?
Yes, they will be shipped together with the guppies. Pay when collecting the nets.
angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 09:01 AM   #32
Sinubux

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo View Post
Yes, they will be shipped together with the guppies. Pay when collecting the nets.
Thanks once again. Cannot wait.
Old 18-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #33
EdwinTay

Default Just missed the boat

hi

I am a newbie with rgds to guppy keeping. (used to keep bettas, apistos). I am wondering when you guys (esp. Angelo) are going to get more guppies fm Taiwan & if I could tag along with the orders. Appreciate it if you could also give me an indication of the price (+ shipping costs etc.) I am concentrating on albinos.
EdwinTay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 01:59 PM   #34
rnkw

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwinTay View Post
hi

I am a newbie with rgds to guppy keeping. (used to keep bettas, apistos). I am wondering when you guys (esp. Angelo) are going to get more guppies fm Taiwan & if I could tag along with the orders. Appreciate it if you could also give me an indication of the price (+ shipping costs etc.) I am concentrating on albinos.
Bro. Considering you are just starting out guppy keeping, any specific reasons for concentrating on albinos? Because albinos are more sensitive to water parameters.
Old 18-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #35
fireblade
Endangered Dragon

wonder if there are any more BBS nets avaliable?
I am interested to get 1 set
fireblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #36
angelo
Senior Dragon

No problem, I have arranged extra.
angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #37
GupFan

Boss angelo, in case you didn't get my PM.
I'm going overseas from tomorrow. If the Taiwan package arrives, then please hold on for me. I'll be back by end of next week. Thanks!!
Old 19-04-2012, 10:07 AM   #38
EdwinTay

Default rnkw

hi bro

Tks for yr concern. Actually, I have kept tropical fishes for a long time now - so can be considered quite experienced...LOL.

Yes, I realise that albinos are more fragile but (1) I don't really like the grey eyes (some years ago, I used to keep some) as I do not consider them not unique, (2) I just started keeping albinos abt 3 months ago when I bought some A grade full reds from a LFS. The large female (which has now gone to fish heaven) dropped fries 3 times - the last time more than 50 - almost all of which survived till now. The best part - the AFRs look much better than their parents. The only problem I have is that the females somehow have very bloated stomachs (not dropsy) but cannot drop. I have also had success breeding platinums, platinum red tail, moscow & magentas.

Now I am looking to keep other types. I am open with rgds to the types, subject to price & space constraint (limited number of tanks).
Old 19-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #39
ah_ray
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwinTay View Post
hi bro

Tks for yr concern. Actually, I have kept tropical fishes for a long time now - so can be considered quite experienced...LOL.

Yes, I realise that albinos are more fragile but (1) I don't really like the grey eyes (some years ago, I used to keep some) as I do not consider them not unique, (2) I just started keeping albinos abt 3 months ago when I bought some A grade full reds from a LFS. The large female (which has now gone to fish heaven) dropped fries 3 times - the last time more than 50 - almost all of which survived till now. The best part - the AFRs look much better than their parents. The only problem I have is that the females somehow have very bloated stomachs (not dropsy) but cannot drop. I have also had success breeding platinums, platinum red tail, moscow & magentas.

Now I am looking to keep other types. I am open with rgds to the types, subject to price & space constraint (limited number of tanks).
would be great if you can show us your setup and guppies.
there are quite a few AFR lovers including me around..
ah_ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #40
EdwinTay

Default ah ray

hi ah ray

Would ...ah hem... be proud to show u guys. Problem is tat I m tech dumb. As soon as I can figure out how to upload photos, I will.

FYI, I have abt 15 tanks (ranging from 6 inches to one ft) with basic air stones. I also have a customed-made 3 ft x 3 ft glass pond which I dump in all the excess fishes (more than 100 pieces). Actually, the sight of so many AFRs swimming in the pond is a sight to behold - even my wife would occasionally just sit & stare.

For the smaller tanks, I have to change 1/3 water) every week. I do complete change every 1 1/2 mth. Amazingly, no guppies died after complete water change. In fact, I have more problems with suicide cases (No, I don't live near Bedok reservoir).