Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Old 23-08-2010, 02:00 AM   #21
foreverfrontosa
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBIEARO View Post
nice blue shine sia
thx for sharing such beauty
Thnx for your compliment. Some tips on my lightings, I only use T5 and T8 white light(for my fronts tank). This way, it will show the natural color of the fish. My smaller tanks are fixed with Osram white daylight bulbs.
For my 422 grow out tank and breeding tank, I use Arcardia's clip-on with white daylight also.

Last edited by foreverfrontosa; 23-08-2010 at 02:02 AM.
foreverfrontosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2010, 02:13 AM   #22
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverfrontosa View Post
Thnx for your compliment. Some tips on my lightings, I only use T5 and T8 white light(for my fronts tank). This way, it will show the natural color of the fish. My smaller tanks are fixed with Osram white daylight bulbs.
For my 422 grow out tank and breeding tank, I use Arcardia's clip-on with white daylight also.
yeaps my tanks also all only 4ft daylight white tubes or bulbs and in the day is natural sunlight from opened window (: reason being with the full spectrum of white light it shows better the true colour of fishes (:
Young Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2010, 02:27 AM   #23
foreverfrontosa
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Man View Post
yeaps my tanks also all only 4ft daylight white tubes or bulbs and in the day is natural sunlight from opened window (: reason being with the full spectrum of white light it shows better the true colour of fishes (:
Yeah, your explanation is better.

Come to think of it, if we use full spectrum white light, will it tan the fronts huh?
Old 23-08-2010, 02:29 AM   #24
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:

Come to think of it, if we use full spectrum white light, will it tan the fronts huh?
that is also possible, but that would be an observation over long period. but my guess is front after tanning will go lighter in colour, cos they are normally darker coloured since they are deep water fishes. good question bro (:
Old 23-08-2010, 02:32 AM   #25
foreverfrontosa
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Man View Post
that is also possible, but that would be an observation over long period. but my guess is front after tanning will go lighter in colour, cos they are normally darker coloured since they are deep water fishes. good question bro (:
Think one day must get one to try out
Old 23-08-2010, 02:46 AM   #26
Betta Mania

Thumbs up

Quote:
Please allow me to share one of my fronts also(not my nicest piece)
Recently just change new laptop so only have one picture to share.

My setup has only sand and a few boulders.
Bro, thanks for sharing- you are too modest. This piece swee swee kilat kilat...none of my chapalang collection can come close..love this piece so much, hope you dun mind I have downloaded it for my screen saver

Anywayz you must show the rest of your collection bro,,,
Old 23-08-2010, 03:39 AM   #27
NEWBIEARO
Dragon

hmm
t5 n t8 all these same as PL lights?
sorry abit blur on these lightings
currently using PL light for my only pc
now just deep blue colour
used to see distinct bars when in grp but ever since it becum solo in the tank, the colour becums dull
NEWBIEARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2010, 07:21 AM   #28
Betta Mania

Quote:

Currently one of my 5 ft tanks is using a T5(remnant of a bygone era when I aroseow) ....now that you mention it I am a little concerened Can anyone out there throw some light on the matter ( no pun intended)

If so, then cannot stinge on a new aqarium lamp or at least scan the thread for a 5feet lamp.
Old 23-08-2010, 07:26 AM   #29
Betta Mania

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBIEARO View Post
hmm
t5 n t8 all these same as PL lights?
sorry abit blur on these lightings
currently using PL light for my only pc
now just deep blue colour
used to see distinct bars when in grp but ever since it becum solo in the tank, the colour becums dull
Currently one of my 5 ft tanks is using a T5(remnant of a bygone era when I aroseow) ....now that you mention it I am a little concerened Can anyone out there throw some light on the matter ( no pun intended)

If so, then cannot stinge on a new aqarium lamp or at least scan the thread for a 5feet lamp.
Old 23-08-2010, 11:06 AM   #30
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Mania View Post

it's just a personal preference at the end of the day, what you done using a daylight white coupled with a actinic blue is what most would do especially those keeping zaires.
but for myself, and also ff, we prefer to use just daylight white.