Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 21-04-2011, 10:46 AM   #11
yeobt
Arofanatic

True, he has guts but not brain.
yeobt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 11:23 AM   #12
globalcookie
Dragon

Undeniable, not e brain, because he has been reckless in his pursue. Knowing e PAP's way of 'killing' off opponents, he would be smarter if he steer clear of legal fangs n get elected. Work on facts to tear e PAP, that will be e Dr Chee we want to see n hv
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 11:31 AM   #13
greentan

I think he has better brain than most of us... except that he did not expect politics in Singapore will go so low to hit him below the belt... such as if you are called a liar, and by denying it, you can be sued for defamation for unreasonably attacking the caller integrity. I can see how WP is circumventing such tactics by just keeping dumb let your colleague say some good words about your integrity.

I guess Chee is too naive when he stepped into politics, and allow ST/Media Corp to stereotype that he is a trouble maker, no brain etc.
greentan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 11:42 AM   #14
globalcookie
Dragon

By saying "he did not expect" and "naive" isn't appropriate. He saw how they ruin JBJ before he entered politics.

His democratic ideas are too Americanise and that got him in trouble.
Old 21-04-2011, 11:55 AM   #15
ric1797

Yes indeed he stated the FACT.....

However, there is still many horse and cow out there support the Servant !
Old 21-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #16
dave6238
Endangered Dragon

Unfortunately CSJ's style is too confrontational... he does not take things lying down n will give back as much as he takes..... reminds me very much of JBJ.... but it's good to see someone standing up to PM, SM n MM.... only he has the guts to do that.....
dave6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #17
greentan

Bear in Mind, our cabinet/Parliament are going to be crowded with MG, BG, Adm after the elections. BG Lee, BG Yeo, Adm Lui, Adm Teo, and new..MG Chan, BG Tan. You will notice that ST try not to mention their title, cause it
Singapore being run by the ex Army generals & Navy admirals.
Imagine they have to try to act like our servants? I think it is difficult for
leopard to change spots..

Wednesday, April 20, 2011
"Chief of Armskote" CPL Tan writes an open letter to MG (Ret) Chan
Listen to this article. Powered by Odiogo.com

The letter seen in forums:

"I received the news that you are contesting for election when you were introduced as one of the final batch of PAP candidates for the upcoming election. I was not surprised because high flyers like you are always destined for big things. You are not the first military personnel turned politician and certainly not the last. I always have an interest in observing how military personnel made the transition into civilian life. One of the ways is to watch their speeches and public appearances. Now that I have already ORD and you are no longer a top brass in the SAF, without the fear of being punished, I want to be honest with you; your speeches were exactly the same while you were in the SAF and I wasn’t impressed at all.

The tone you used, the look of your face, the words you used, the body language, and arrogance served you well in SAF because who you were then. You, as a top ranking officer in the SAF always received warm reception from your men because they had to. You received military salute (a form of respect) because the rank and position you held. Your speeches regardless of the content would always end with a thunderous round of applause because they had to. Sorry for giving you a false impression that you were well-received, respected because we had no choice. We wouldn’t want to risk our precious weekend or other forms of punishment if our commanders did not like our “performance”.

Your performance in the civilian world has attracted much criticism so far which I am not surprised. You have been labelled as “arrogant”, “condescending”, “I know it better than all of you” “poor PR skills” and “poor speaking skills”. I do not blame you for acting like that. Even you acted like that ever since day 1 in your SAF days, it would not affect your career progression at all. You still would be the chief of army nonetheless and as I have said earlier, you were destined for big things because of your status as the President’s Scholar. But to be respected as the leader of a nation and its people, you have a lot to work on.

I hope I might have judged you prematurely and you are, in fact, a future-mp-to-be worth look up to and look for when the people need your guidance and assistance. I would like to end this letter by quoting what PM Lee has said recently, “Remember we are the servants of the people not the master, and maintain a sense of humility and service to the people”

You were the master in SAF but now you are a servant, serve us not lord over us. I wish you the best in your adjustment of roles and your success in this election. Respect is much harder to learn in the civilian world than in SAF.

From,
CPL Tan Wei Ling, who called himself COA (chief of armskote) when he was serving his NS."
greentan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 02:37 PM   #18
dragon888
Arofanatic

perhaps all of us should watch this video on cooling day to avoid the cooling effect..........
dragon888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #19
globalcookie
Dragon

WOW this CPL Tan Wei Ling stated things point blank, very aptly! Applauds
Old 21-04-2011, 03:45 PM   #20
Stonedisc

lol.... hokkien so so but understandable...

BUT THE CONTENT IS GREAT... he is talking the truth... hope he can stay cool and doesnt repeat his old mistakes till polling day ...