Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences

Old 03-07-2015, 03:47 PM   #11
CheckerBox
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Man View Post
aiseh. all swee swee. finally time to continue the line towards F2 liao. from the videos, most of them all developing well. you gona let them pair or you personally do the pairing?
For wild strains, there is no way we can do force pairing. It's risky as these fellas are very aggressive. The fights and injuries can be quite bad. If they can pair up naturally in a comm tank, that'll be ideal. Otherwise, we can do what I call a "controlled" pairing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kianlee863 View Post
nice angels!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklee View Post
King of Angels, really admire your disciple and dedication.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miloaa View Post
nice and amazing!
Thanks bros for the compliments.
CheckerBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 04:25 PM   #12
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckerBox View Post
For wild strains, there is no way we can do force pairing. It's risky as these fellas are very aggressive. The fights and injuries can be quite bad. If they can pair up naturally in a comm tank, that'll be ideal. Otherwise, we can do what I call a "controlled" pairing.
hmmmm.. i see. so what is a controlled pairing for angelfish? so for altums also should leave them on their own for pairing?
Young Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 06:17 PM   #13
Brichardi
Dragon

Quote:

These are not fries. They're young adults. Will be one year old in a couple months time.
My bad....type too fast. Yea nice juvenile adults. Should be breed-able size in few months time
Brichardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:43 PM   #14
khunlim
Arofanatic

My F1 SI from your batch is almost as big as yours.

They growing too be really beautiful.........

Really a big Thank you for keeping wild strains angelfish easily available domestically.... they super hardy as well and very easy to keep.

Looking forward to your F2 SI...... as well as F2 Suriname and F2 Manacapuru.

Cheers.....
khunlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:20 PM   #15
BEST
Arofanatic

Sifu, SI swee swee ah! I thought Mana more aggressive, I put my 4 Mana Juv together with my SI, and one of mana juv is the Alpha in the tank chasing everyone away from his corner
BEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 01:30 AM   #16
CheckerBox
Dragon

Quote:
hmmmm.. i see. so what is a controlled pairing for angelfish? so for altums also should leave them on their own for pairing?
Honestly, I was contemplating starting a new thread to share all that I know about wild scalares with fellow hobbyists. But it'll be a long painstaking process of putting everything down into words.

Anyway, with regards to your question, it's hard to explain what I meant by "controlled" pairing in a few sentences but yes, for altum, it's better to leave them on their own for pairing. Even if you managed to keep one pair (assuming you know for sure their sex) peacefully in one tank, it doesn't mean you have a pair. I have encountered instances when one pair exhibit all the pairing behaviour but when you separate them into their own breeding tank, they started fighting again. Some pairs merely let you wait indefinitely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brichardi View Post
My bad....type too fast. Yea nice juvenile adults. Should be breed-able size in few months time
No worries. Not breeding angels anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khunlim View Post
My F1 SI from your batch is almost as big as yours.

They growing too be really beautiful.........

Really a big Thank you for keeping wild strains angelfish easily available domestically.... they super hardy as well and very easy to keep.

Looking forward to your F2 SI...... as well as F2 Suriname and F2 Manacapuru.

Cheers.....
Thanks for the compliment bro. Recently, I got similar feedback from another bro who have some of my F1. He had some WC SI as well. Ended up all the WC ones have died but the F1 are doing very well and growing rapidly. For a breeder, such comments surely make my day. At least all the effort put in to breed out the F1 in captivity has been worthwhile, that hobbyists can now enjoy these beautiful fishes without all the headache and heartache of the WC ones.

BTW, Suriname is already in F2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEST View Post
Sifu, SI swee swee ah! I thought Mana more aggressive, I put my 4 Mana Juv together with my SI, and one of mana juv is the Alpha in the tank chasing everyone away from his corner
What have you been feeding your Mana? Just kidding. And yes, some Mana can be quite aggressive. But you can't compare the F1 SI with their wild cousin. If you have kept the WC SI adults, you'll know what I meant.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:42 AM   #17
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Honestly, I was contemplating starting a new thread to share all that I know about wild scalares with fellow hobbyists. But it'll be a long painstaking process of putting everything down into words.

Anyway, with regards to your question, it's hard to explain what I meant by "controlled" pairing in a few sentences but yes, for altum, it's better to leave them on their own for pairing. Even if you managed to keep one pair (assuming you know for sure their sex) peacefully in one tank, it doesn't mean you have a pair. I have encountered instances when one pair exhibit all the pairing behaviour but when you separate them into their own breeding tank, they started fighting again. Some pairs merely let you wait indefinitely.
waseh i look forward to your writeup then. if i manage to catch you at 328 then we have a chat about the angels pairing details. very interesting and good knowledge from the angel Master. haha thanks bro!
Young Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 07:55 AM   #18
khunlim
Arofanatic

Quote:

Thanks for the compliment bro. Recently, I got similar feedback from another bro who have some of my F1. He had some WC SI as well. Ended up all the WC ones have died but the F1 are doing very well and growing rapidly. For a breeder, such comments surely make my day. At least all the effort put in to breed out the F1 in captivity has been worthwhile, that hobbyists can now enjoy these beautiful fishes without all the headache and heartache of the WC ones.

BTW, Suriname is already in F2.

Bro, you means the 2 pieces that I got from you are already F2?? Then looking forward to your F3 Suriname.
khunlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 04:11 PM   #19
patclay
Dragon

So many of them. Very nice!
patclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:38 PM   #20
CheckerBox
Dragon

Quote:
waseh i look forward to your writeup then. if i manage to catch you at 328 then we have a chat about the angels pairing details. very interesting and good knowledge from the angel Master. haha thanks bro!
Sure. No problem. Maybe can start discussing about a joint project on spawninkg altum. I presume your fishes are already 2 yr old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khunlim View Post
Bro, you means the 2 pieces that I got from you are already F2?? Then looking forward to your F3 Suriname.
No. You got the F1. Current F2 are the "grandchildren" of my first Suriname pair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patclay View Post
So many of them. Very nice!
Thanks bro.