Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > AFC Associate Members Forum > Qian Hu

Old 15-07-2015, 01:55 PM   #151
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJunioR255 View Post
There was also a case where a hobbyist bought 2 hydra 30 when it first came out. One worked normally and the other one had some problems and heated the water to 32-34 degrees which killed some of his fishes.

Can u pls address this issue? Did u guys find out the cause? Is the problem rectified in the newer hydra design?
Hi bro,

I suppose your are referring to a case which is quite a long time ago when the first version of Hydra 30 was being launched. We will say it is a stand alone case whereby the unit had malfunction and we have not received any further feedback regards to the heating problem. Naturally, when a water pump is running, it will generate a small significant of heat from the motor itself and this will not affect much to the water temperature in the tank.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | YOUTUBE
Qian Hu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2015, 03:53 PM   #152
CJunioR255

Thx Qian Hu for taking the effort to answer my long winded queries. I feel more assured using the hydra after clarifying my doubts haha. Will be getting one soon thx! Maybe make my way down to the farm for the sg50 promotion too haha
CJunioR255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 03:04 PM   #153
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJunioR255 View Post
Thx Qian Hu for taking the effort to answer my long winded queries. I feel more assured using the hydra after clarifying my doubts haha. Will be getting one soon thx! Maybe make my way down to the farm for the sg50 promotion too haha
Hi bro,

Please don't mention that and thanks a lot for your support.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
Old 06-08-2015, 11:14 AM   #154
Litigator666

Default Stream 3 long cartridge blocking water flow?

I have two streams (2 and 3) connected on the output of two eheim 2080 filter. The filter with the stream2 seems to flow as normal, BUT the filter with the Stream3 had significantly reduced water flow (by about half).

My Q now is, does the longer the cartridge of the stream3 block the flow? I disconnected the stream3 and the filter flows as usual so it's not he motor of the eheim preventing it to pump the usual output.

I was thinking now of taking out some cartridge to get it flowing like normal - not sure if anybody done this or it'll impact the stream3 performance.

Let me know your thoughts.
Litigator666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:13 PM   #155
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litigator666 View Post
I have two streams (2 and 3) connected on the output of two eheim 2080 filter. The filter with the stream2 seems to flow as normal, BUT the filter with the Stream3 had significantly reduced water flow (by about half).

My Q now is, does the longer the cartridge of the stream3 block the flow? I disconnected the stream3 and the filter flows as usual so it's not he motor of the eheim preventing it to pump the usual output.

I was thinking now of taking out some cartridge to get it flowing like normal - not sure if anybody done this or it'll impact the stream3 performance.

Let me know your thoughts.
Hi Bro,

As there are more cata pure cartridges in Hydra Stream 3, it will somehow reduce the flow rate out from your pump but if you were to reduce the number of cartridges, it will reduce the efficiency of Hydra stream 3 since it is functioning with lesser media, therefore it is not advisable to reduce the cartridges to compromise the efficiency and trade off for water flow rate.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
Old 06-08-2015, 07:42 PM   #156
Litigator666

I have 3 more pro3 running the tank so a slow one wouldn't hurt.

Might be good if the stream3 will have a wider case for water to flow freely since it has a longer tube. Something that you may want to consider on your R&D for next generation streams.

Quality / clarity of the water improved since having these two on my tank. I'm having to do lesser water changes.

I would highly recommend these as an improvement/addition to any filtration system.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:46 PM   #157
Litigator666

by the way, your sales team/distributor here in australia are good as they looked after me when I had issue on some cartridge damaged on the stream3 ive got.

Quick action and they got some replacement catrridge on the mail the soonest.
Old 13-08-2015, 12:59 PM   #158
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litigator666 View Post
I have 3 more pro3 running the tank so a slow one wouldn't hurt.

Might be good if the stream3 will have a wider case for water to flow freely since it has a longer tube. Something that you may want to consider on your R&D for next generation streams.

Quality / clarity of the water improved since having these two on my tank. I'm having to do lesser water changes.

I would highly recommend these as an improvement/addition to any filtration system.
Hi Bro,

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback and we will take this into account when we plan to have the next generation stream 3 or when we plan to do a improvement on it, thanks again.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
Old 29-08-2015, 11:12 PM   #159
trichard
Arofanatic

Hi . I just bought the Hydra40 which come with 6 rubber sucker .
I worry that in long term the rubber sucker will be weak and whole pump drop out.
How can I buy more spare?>
trichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2015, 10:05 AM   #160
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trichard View Post
Hi . I just bought the Hydra40 which come with 6 rubber sucker .
I worry that in long term the rubber sucker will be weak and whole pump drop out.
How can I buy more spare?>
Hi bro,

We do sell the spare accessories in our retail shop in our farm, thanks.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950