Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 19-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
Aro_Kit

Default Fish Pond Maker recommendation

Hi Bro and Sis here

Anyone here can recommend me a good and cheap (good price I mean) pond maker, planning to build a koi pond on my condo patio, maybe made of Fiberglass on the inside and brick/tiles on the outside with some water fixture like a spraying dophin or angel also need to integrate with overflow sump.

I won't mind DIY myself also but donno where to buy the material, any one here with experience to guide?

Plan to built one abt 3m x 3m x 1m size.

Thanks
Old 19-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #2
bingkla

You can consider getting a ready made FGT, as it will be very much cheaper from koi farms etc, then to enhance it can consider getting timber strips from garden nurseries etc to cover the sides, waterfall etc cxan also be obtained from these nurseries or even from Internet. Good luck .
Old 19-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #3
kutekoi
Arofanatic

Bro,

Pardon for being off topic but are you on the ground floor? If not would be better to check the load factor of your patio first before you decide on FGT size.

It appears to me 1m depth could be overload if you are not staying on ground floor. Good luck.
kutekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #4
bingkla

Yes true. Even 3m by 3m with 2ft height might exceed load.
Old 20-04-2012, 11:00 AM   #5
Aro_Kit

Hi

Yes I'm on ground floor so guess load is not an issue.

Anyone care to share your DIY project? My friend happen to have a similar pond built by professional pond maker at his landed which cost him $5000 , is it price reasonable? (Size I guess abt 2.5m by 2.5m x 1m). Nevertheless I find it abit ex even though its nicely built with sump, matching tiles and spraying sprout.

Btw where can I get big or customize FGT? Any shop or farm to recommend?
Old 20-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #6
noidea
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aro_Kit View Post
Hi

Yes I'm on ground floor so guess load is not an issue.

Anyone care to share your DIY project? My friend happen to have a similar pond built by professional pond maker at his landed which cost him $5000 , is it price reasonable? (Size I guess abt 2.5m by 2.5m x 1m). Nevertheless I find it abit ex even though its nicely built with sump, matching tiles and spraying sprout.

Btw where can I get big or customize FGT? Any shop or farm to recommend?
Go post in the filter management forum. Last time there is a post regarding customize FGT and local maker in that forum. Hope this help.

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4
noidea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #7
Aro_Kit

Hi bro Noidea

Thanks for the advice, found a few doing FGT like Seaview, Mainland and Thomas

I guess Thomas might have the service of building a FGT pond with tiling on the outside, will contact him for the pricing soon, hope it will be cheap and good
Old 20-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #8
Wilgan
Dragon

I did my customise fgt with Pond Image. Think 1m height will be a bit high n difficult to view the kois. Unless you have a raised platform or step to view from 1m.
Wilgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #9
genesis

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aro_Kit View Post
Hi Bro and Sis here

Anyone here can recommend me a good and cheap (good price I mean) pond maker, planning to build a koi pond on my condo patio, maybe made of Fiberglass on the inside and brick/tiles on the outside with some water fixture like a spraying dophin or angel also need to integrate with overflow sump.

I won't mind DIY myself also but donno where to buy the material, any one here with experience to guide?

Plan to built one abt 3m x 3m x 1m size.

Thanks
Call Tony 90087849