Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Closed Thread

Old 28-01-2012, 01:53 AM   #61
Spakase

Quote:
There is a difference between who you lust and desires, and how did the thought transpire into action.... So when a brethren in Christ falter, don't be quick to judge but when comes other matter... Then different?
Quote:
Never mind
I don think there is a diff. If u lust after someone else's wife you are guilty of adultery, that's what the bible says. Can anyone stand up and say they have never desired "in their mind" somebody's wife? I know I have so I am a sinner. But I just want to be clear that the person who picks up the stone and throw it at Yaw is above board, ie he has never desired or looked at a married woman in lust or desire or love or whatever. Anyone? I don think so. So let's not be hypocrites and start accusing or thinking in our minds that the world is perfect and we are perfect. Because neither is.

Old 28-01-2012, 01:56 AM   #62
Spakase

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spakase
Trying to be funny.

Wanna test how far I can go?

there is nothing funny..
in the same post, you had pass judgement and then say "dont judge"
thats illogical argument...and sounds like incoherent ranting

you quoted the bible and then say , this is not religuous forum.

when it is clear what others are writing, you ask them use plain english.
when others do not understand what you are saying you say u already using plain english..

you say very clear from your first sentence.. i read and with 17 years of education still catch no ball..

fair comment imho
infraction or trying to be funny? no such intent, just discussing and putting forward my point...

also not testing to see how far you can go...
discuss to the point..
I oso catch no ball.

And I already said I don like hypocrites. let the forum judge lor.

Old 28-01-2012, 02:03 AM   #63
Humongous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spakase View Post
I don think there is a diff. If u lust after someone else's wife you are guilty of adultery, that's what the bible says. Can anyone stand up and say they have never desired "in their mind" somebody's wife? I know I have so I am a sinner. But I just want to be clear that the person who picks up the stone and throw it at Yaw is above board, ie he has never desired or looked at a married woman in lust or desire or love or whatever. Anyone? I don think so. So let's not be hypocrites and start accusing or thinking in our minds that the world is perfect and we are perfect. Because neither is.
You can say what you like, and by using that book of fables and use it as a standard across the board yet think of all others as sinners or have trespass the so called the practical holiness standard is absurd . No one is throwing stones in his path but rather telling him to stand up and not hide like a weasel.

Or simply start applying the grace kaya theory, never the transgression cos by the blood of the lamb one is redeemed.... To me sounded like selective application of kaya....

No one is perfect , I did not claimed I am or attempted to even think I am , but I certainly do refrain from lusting or covet my neighbor wife. I am not picking up the stone in Christendom standard , but as a fellow man to hope to see that he is accountable for this incident....

Old 28-01-2012, 02:04 AM   #64
richardg
Arofanatic

Quote:
You are holding to the letter of the commandment "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbours wife" and use this as an yardstick for having "sinned". Whereaseothers may hold the view that if the thought comes to mind and you let is pass , not dwell on it and not act on it, should not be considered sin.
If one would hold to the letter of the said commandment as a strict yardstick, think this would be rather extremist.

You state the world is not perfect and yet ask of it to be perfect in that the imperfect shalt not cast stones.
But since the world is not perfect, then the "imperfect" will cast stones
even if the definitions of perfect and imperfect differs.

am i ranting incoherently? must the the late nite
Old 28-01-2012, 02:05 AM   #65
Spakase

Let's all be open minded about it all. the facts are not even known. We all start throwing stones. He didn't come upfront, yes, it's a failure and possibly indicative the affair did come about.

What I am saying is that we should not judge because we ourselves are not perfect, we also have our own little secrets that we wish noone knows.

And even if we put Yaw down, say he's a useless, unfaithful fella. Does this mean WP is similarly so? And even if we do conclude WP is a failure, does this mean that all opp is useless?

Then does it mean we need to agree with everything that we are asked to do?

The world does not begin and end with Yaw, neither is it for anyone else except our own sense of justice. That is all I am saying.

Old 28-01-2012, 02:09 AM   #66
Humongous

Quote:
Let's all be open minded about it all. the facts are not even known. We all start throwing stones. He didn't come upfront, yes, it's a failure and possibly indicative the affair did come about.

What I am saying is that we should not judge because we ourselves are not perfect, we also have our own little secrets that we wish noone knows.

And even if we put Yaw down, say he's a useless, unfaithful fella. Does this mean WP is similarly so? And even if we do conclude WP is a failure, does this mean that all opp is useless?

Then does it mean we need to agree with everything that we are asked to do?

The world does not begin and end with Yaw, neither is it for anyone else except our own sense of justice. That is all I am saying.
I for once not putting him down, but coming forth to be upfront whether or not it happened, by keeping quiet and all silent, it definitely more detrimental to himself, his wife, alleged party of tryst, and on WP.

Old 28-01-2012, 02:11 AM   #67
Spakase

Quote:
You can say what you like, and by using that book of fables and use it as a standard across the board yet think of all others as sinners or have trespass the so called the practical holiness standard is absurd . No one is throwing stones in his path but rather telling him to stand up and not hide like a weasel.

Or simply start applying the grace kaya theory, never the transgression cos by the blood of the lamb one is redeemed.... To me sounded like selective application of kaya....

No one is perfect , I did not claimed I am or attempted to even think I am , but I certainly do refrain from lusting or covet my neighbor wife. I am not picking up the stone in Christendom standard , but as a fellow man to hope to see that he is accountable for this incident....
Bro, I understand what you are saying......I did say this before, haiz, how come you never read what I said! You all believe what you believe, just refrain from judging becok it is just not right.
I don judge, since when? I just said you all should know before you accuse someone else better be sure you yourself is perfect.
Otherwise you have no right to judge.

Old 28-01-2012, 02:13 AM   #68
Spakase

Quote:
I for once not putting him down, but coming forth to be upfront whether or not it happened, by keeping quiet and all silent, it definitely more detrimental to himself, his wife, alleged party of tryst, and on WP.
This one is simply Yaw's way of dealing with the issue. Understand your frustration, I just want to say that no need to be frustrated. That is all.

Old 28-01-2012, 02:16 AM   #69
Spakase

Quote:
You are holding to the letter of the commandment "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbours wife" and use this as an yardstick for having "sinned". Whereaseothers may hold the view that if the thought comes to mind and you let is pass , not dwell on it and not act on it, should not be considered sin.
If one would hold to the letter of the said commandment as a strict yardstick, think this would be rather extremist.

You state the world is not perfect and yet ask of it to be perfect in that the imperfect shalt not cast stones.
But since the world is not perfect, then the "imperfect" will cast stones
even if the definitions of perfect and imperfect differs.

am i ranting incoherently? must the the late nite
I think you are imagining things.

Just re read what you have posted. I have not decided whether I should boot you out of AF for your insulting comments.

Old 28-01-2012, 02:19 AM   #70
Humongous

Quote:
Bro, I understand what you are saying......I did say this before, haiz, how come you never read what I said! You all believe what you believe, just refrain from judging becok it is just not right.
I don judge, since when? I just said you all should know before you accuse someone else better be sure you yourself is perfect.
Otherwise you have no right to judge.
Okay I am having syncope, poor eyesight by the way.... My bad.

Closed Thread