Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 02-07-2015, 12:53 PM   #31
nutx
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow7 View Post
No WC can lah why not i do really believe possible but maybe it is with a 7 ft tank with so call magic water and keeping 1 guppy inside
walau...you very good lar...must be those 4 digit guppy!

I've a 5ft planted tank with 9 Altum. and about 100 others small fish like SAE and corys.....running with sump...so far about 2 yrs not water change, only top up and change cotton wool....

not the right way to maintain the tank, but due to some constraint in water change.... I would say it is like playing with fire....and time bomb...
nutx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 12:55 PM   #32
kepala sakit
Dragon

I like the culture....
kepala sakit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 02:21 PM   #33
Shadow7
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutx View Post
walau...you very good lar...must be those 4 digit guppy!

I've a 5ft planted tank with 9 Altum. and about 100 others small fish like SAE and corys.....running with sump...so far about 2 yrs not water change, only top up and change cotton wool....

not the right way to maintain the tank, but due to some constraint in water change.... I would say it is like playing with fire....and time bomb...
Guess your planted tank is a mini eco-system within itself already Used to have a 1ft planted tank on my office table for about 2 years and i never did any wc before always top up only...not only water but also fishes
Shadow7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 02:36 PM   #34
Shadow7
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by keefespadesgoh View Post
any bro willing to share their preferred way to pump up their rays ? im currenly keeping them in a 6x2.5x2.5 .factors like diet, water current , water change routine. thanks
Sry ah TS we OT too much liao coming back to ur question, personally for me i agree with most here, diet: varied and at least twice a day, water current: not too strong, WC: at least twice a week 50% WC.
Last time i used to pump my rays feeding 3-5 times daily and doing WC every other day and on a rough estimate can acheive a growth rate of close to an inch every month for pups up till they are 12"...after that when they are 12" onwards the growth rate will be much slower
Old 02-07-2015, 04:02 PM   #35
gko
Dragon

to me as long you keep your water well and feed them daily. rays happy will grow well.. i don't feed 3 times a day coz I don't have the time. WC one weekly.
gko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 04:04 PM   #36
Shadow7
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gko View Post
to me as long you keep your water well and feed them daily. rays happy will grow well.. i don't feed 3 times a day coz I don't have the time. WC one weekly.
Now I only feed once a day not no time but lazy to prepare the mp or cut fish into packets
Old 02-07-2015, 06:53 PM   #37
keefespadesgoh

Thanks bros for all the advice

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk
keefespadesgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 10:35 PM   #38
RAW
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay View Post
Simple, feed few times like 4 to 5 times a day, feed just enuf and don over do it. Impt is don feed only 1 single food, cfm will kill ur rays. Do a mix diet is best.
u mean feed 1 type of food only will kill the ray? O.O
RAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:04 AM   #39
Tay
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAW View Post
u mean feed 1 type of food only will kill the ray? O.O
If we just eat only rice or just veg or just fish everyday. After long period, wats gg to happen to us??? Same same lor
Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:29 AM   #40
Jasonna

After reading so much. All animals, humans or any living thing in earth wish to have the most delicious meal with variety. Good to feed many types of different meal like morning mp, noon kunning, dinner so tong, supper live feeder but need to (detoxification using PRAZIQUANTEL ) will be better in my opinion ") cheers. But need them to workout n swim more adding wavemaker like human running on track mill ")
Jasonna is offline   Reply With Quote