Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 10-04-2011, 07:12 PM   #21
dave6238
Endangered Dragon

If many people vote for opposition, what can the PAP do to these people? threaten everyone? arrest everyone? punish everyone? u think they dare to go against the masses? they have nothing better to do arr?.......
dave6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:03 PM   #22
element
Arofanatic

hahaha i always vote for opposition .
element is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:11 PM   #23
laodie
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave6238 View Post
If many people vote for opposition, what can the PAP do to these people? threaten everyone? arrest everyone? punish everyone? u think they dare to go against the masses? they have nothing better to do arr?.......
I vote for u!
laodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:31 PM   #24
jwhtan
Barney

IF you are those who wanted to vote for PAP but afraid that your friends who are very vocal and wanted the opposition might discriminate against you, calling you names like the 66.6% in a very discriminatory tone, listen up. VOID your vote instead of throwing your vote to opposition in fear. If you really enjoy the voice of the opposition, by all means, vote for them but don't do it because of fear. Let those who dare, vote for PAP.

For ourselves, for our children, for our future. Pass this message around if you can.

[Admin Note : My task is to moderate the posts. While I am no fan of the PAP, I am not all for opposition purely for the sake of dissent. And in the forum, we wun allow one-sided extreme views calling for support either way ]
jwhtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #25
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Each polling station serves about 10-20 blocks of flats and/or a few landed housing estates. Since the counting of votes is done by polling stations, it is possible to know the overall results of each polling station
It is possible to say a particular zone of residents supported a political party by x%, but it is not possible to narrow down the level of support to a particular block or an individual.
This is what I understand so far. Yes so they can trace in terms of % of support per polling station

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIRAMISU View Post
whats there to be afraid of voting any party rather then void the vote?
Maybe the mentality is like... 10+years ago, many pple buys Nissan Sunny, and Toyota Corolla. Why? Most common cars, the mass can't be wrong. And if the car breaks down, easy to get parts.

Few would go for rarity for fear support isn't there.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:45 AM   #26
PKB
Arofanatic

I think not only fear of been track down individually. But another factor (Which I thought is unfair) is also the different in standard of the neighborhood between a PAP ward and an opposition ward. I believe the funding for upgrading and facilities are very different.

PAP held ward seems like a well fed child while opposition ward seems like neglected kid.

Last edited by PKB; 11-04-2011 at 11:47 AM.
PKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:55 AM   #27
coyote66

Quote:
Originally Posted by ment0s View Post
this is my first time voting, 1 thing i dont understand. what can they do to us? my mum said she cant vote for opposition becos she works with the ministry
wat can they do to ur mum?
dun fear ur own shadow

Last edited by coyote66; 11-04-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #28
sebarau
Dragon

I'm not a SGrean, but ours also will be coming soon depending on the upcoming Sarawak election. But I have to disagree with voiding the ballot paper. Not voting and voiding the votes are similar to choosing the incumbent party to manage the constituency(spelling) again. High % of void votes to me is just a statistic, but does not change the reality of the situation on hand. Choose wisely
sebarau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #29
tweety bird
Dragon

This thread tells me not to feAr n vote freely but where are the grounds to tell me to cast my vote to OPPS??

Do things must have pros n cons to make a decision

Tmr will be better??
tweety bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:39 PM   #30
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKB View Post
PAP held ward seems like a well fed child while opposition ward seems like neglected kid.
Seems to reflect where parents with 2 childrens are concern. Favourate child gets all the goodies while the less favourate one neglected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebarau View Post
But I have to disagree with voiding the ballot paper. Not voting and voiding the votes are similar to choosing the incumbent party to manage the constituency(spelling) again. High % of void votes to me is just a statistic, but does not change the reality of the situation on hand. Choose wisely
You have a point when u mention void is like choosing the incumbent party (since they'll likley remain in power).

So it's one or the other.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote