Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 06-06-2016, 06:27 PM   #431
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arosub View Post
Thanks to Thomas generosity that I saw the pond. The whole setting with the turfed patio makes this corner a truly relaxing place for the owner and for the fishes, they are truly huge!
Haha bro, no problem at all... In the end, whether you get a unit here or at other estate, I hope you will have your dream comes true as well. Feel free to call me if you need my help... I will whatsapp u on 25th as promised, no worry...
ThomasLim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2016, 12:17 PM   #432
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

When I thot my pond has stabilized with no more casualty... I got one killed and stuck at my underflow without any clue what happened to it... My wife commented 'your fishes all 没人性, why still kill each others when they are already together for so long...' I told her '它们是鱼,不是人,所以它们当然没人性咯'

Monster is Monster

ThomasLim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2016, 01:51 PM   #433
LauLanChu
Dragon

Also got fish living together for more than 5 years got kill, mostly eaten from the tail onwards. Once a while severe bite marks on body, not mentioning big chunk of the fins torn off. Even the common big pleco not spared. Monsters are monsters, they do fight and show aggression. My learning is got to feed enough and more to minimize this, one time feed if got this problem increase to 2 times feed and so on....when they are filled less attack, I believe.
LauLanChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:59 PM   #434
bian27
Dragon

Aiyo, dont say fish.. Some human also kill each other even family member... Hahaha
bian27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:16 PM   #435
LauLanChu
Dragon

Don't mix TFB, bala shark, kelah and any other barb with monster fish. They are their prey and just a matter of time, even with comparable size or bigger.
LauLanChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 09:02 PM   #436
Bakuteh
Arofanatic

I used to have an open pond in my previous Condo as I have a big open patio in the front. I have some people throwing cigarette butts from the top floor but ok as I am keeping koi which are quite hardy. When come to fumigation you will ask the MC to inform the gardener or whoever doing the fumigation to be careful and not spray chemicals into the pond. No issue of complaint from neighbors or smell. But my koi jumped up a few times. So need to be careful if you are keeping aros or some other jumpy fishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bakuteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 09:04 PM   #437
Bakuteh
Arofanatic

And carful of any neighbors' Persian cats who might come fishing for a free meals which happened to my pond

Old 02-07-2016, 09:05 PM   #438
Bakuteh
Arofanatic

And also king fisher bird as well as my previous condo is near the sea front and they come to your pond for hunting

Old 03-07-2016, 11:49 AM   #439
Aro77
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakuteh View Post
And also king fisher bird as well as my previous condo is near the sea front and they come to your pond for hunting

i think any small animal that goes in wont survive an attack from his alligator gar & large aros
Aro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:13 AM   #440
DragonFireSG
Arofanatic

Dun underestimate the bird. What they can't kill they can damage. You see that big sharp beak on the KF? It uses it as a spear.
DragonFireSG is offline   Reply With Quote