Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 15-11-2003, 10:59 PM   #11
vaped

Default Well...

Guess... you can bring the aros..out...but when u arrive at the country of destination...hehe...they are gonna ask you wheres the CITES cert from sg and the health cert.. problem arldy

Old 16-11-2003, 07:43 PM   #12
HPLow

When I do eventually export the aros (via carry on luggage) I will make sure all the paperwork is to hand, CITES permits from exporting and receiving country and health certification if needed. When you are carrying valuable cargo , you want to make sure everything goes smoothly.

Old 18-11-2003, 05:13 AM   #13
SabaDen92
Endangered Dragon

Bro freddy, so after all that u will still need a permit for bringing in. Haiz! Thot can get a Kalimantan Red from my Indo fren ....
Old 16-12-2003, 08:26 PM   #14
VSKH
Senior Dragon

So if want to buy an Aro from Malaysia to bring into S'pore need permit from both countries. Permit expensive or not? Anyone has done it before. Malaysian aros are very nice and seem cheaper, but after paying for permit and all that, wonder if it's worth the effort.

Any bro has brought in an Aro before in the legal way? Not by hiding the packet of Aro in the car boot! If successful also cannot share story publicly.
Old 13-04-2004, 12:01 PM   #15
nil
Dragon

Default Student fined for mini wildlife zoo

Article from ST.

I guess this applies to Aros without certificates??
Old 30-06-2004, 04:35 PM   #16
Xishuangbanna

Hi!
Just to ask a question here,is it a loop hole that I allowed to bring in/out 50 or more aros eggs in a bag with 3 ltrs. of water ? because AVA didn't state you can't bring in/out aros eggs.

Old 21-09-2004, 07:13 PM   #17
HPLow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo
This is the email reply from the same AVA official to my email to AVA:

Dear Mr Goh,

Thank you for your email dated 16 Mar 2003.

A person exporting aquarium or ornamental fish from Singapore is required to be licensed by the Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA). Thereafter, each consignment of fish must be declared and approved by the AVA before exportation. AVA however allows each hobbyist to bring out not more than 50 pieces of Asian arowana (Scleropages formosus) packed in not more than 3 litres (total) of water from Singapore as part of one's carry-on luggage for personal keeping without applying for an export licence and outward declaration permit.

As Asian arowanas are CITES-listed species, it is necessary that you apply for a Singapore CITES permit for export of those fish from the Wildlife Regulatory Branch (CITES) of AVA (Tel 63257348 and Fax 6325 7646).

Additionally, the fish need to be inspected and its tag numbers scanned by an AVA officer on the day of export at either Changi Animal and Plant Quarantine Section (CAPQ) at the Changi Airfreight Centre or Wildlife Regulatory Branch (Ornamental Fish) at AVA Sembawang Research Station at Lorong Chencharu.

If you have any further queries on export of ornamental fish, please do not hesitate to contact me at Tel: 6751 9809. Regards.

Poh Yew Kwang
Senior AVA Officer
Wildlife Regulatory Branch
for Director-General, Agri-Food and Veterinary Services
Latest from AVA
The AVA currently allows a traveller to export ONE (not 50) piece of Asian arowana
in not more than 3 litres of water as part of one's carry-on luggage
without the need for export licence and outward declaration permit.