Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 23-03-2005, 09:14 PM   #1
spsman

Default To order from overseas online stores or local agent...penny wise-pound foolish?" haha

As requested by our bro nim75sg who say not to destroy another person's thread and another bro roidan who thought up the title.

The topic is on buy online or buy from local distributors?

These are my opinions:
I would buy local if i can get ready stock because opposing to our dear bro Roidan's example of ordering the ferari, i think that the deltec is not that expensive that the company only produce when the order comes in. I believe they have a production line that manufactures the equipments under a time line and distributes to their respective dealers network.
Online stores may or may not be third parties, it doesn't matter. The issue is credibility and whether u should part your money w the online store u order from. You can choose any online store u like.

Perhaps u dun realise it is the same for all products in all manufacturing industries.
let me explain a simplified model to elaborate:
The idea is thought up --> The r&d is done --> the product is launched --> the dealers market respond --> the manufacturing begins --> merchandising, distribution, marketing , sales, etc etc... -- > customers.

most manufacturers dun sell direct. sales is through the dealers network (or so called 3rd party).

Bro Monsterz,
a contract is binding on both parties. There is an agreement over 2 or more parties to enter into a mutual agreement in every contract. In this case, the buyer agrees to buy on a WYSIWYG (wat u see is wat u get) term and the seller agrees to a premium to sell his pdt.
A contract is binding and lawful when there is a premium being paid from the buyer and the seller's issuance of an acknowledgement, in this case, in the form of a purchase receipt. Thus, when both parties enter into a contract, they are bound by it and they have to fufill the terms therein.
If either party fails to fulfill it, they have entered a breach. A breach of contractual terms makes that party legally liable for compensation. In lawful terms, this is called 'the breach of trust".

In summary, it is perfectly alright if you decide to bring up the case against the online store. In fact, all the reefers here will be thankful if u do good riddence less anybody becomes the next victim, if any.

Bro losmandy, thank you for taking the time to post a thread from the reef central forum. It is a pity why ppl want to destroy some one's market share using such dishonorable tricks. I believe the American market is a tough nut to crack. If i am not wrong, deltec also uses ABS plastics, wonder how they crack so easily?

these are my humble opinions.cheerz
Old 24-03-2005, 12:17 AM   #2
nim75sg

Quote:
Originally Posted by spsman
If i am not wrong, deltec also uses ABS plastics, wonder how they crack so easily?

these are my humble opinions.cheerz
My past purchases of overseas three (3) Deltec product from Sewatec arrived intact because of FEDEX and they delivered on-time.

How can one expect good delivery service from the inexpensive german postal service?
Old 24-03-2005, 12:22 AM   #3
roidan

do not wish to repeat what i have said ....those interested can read from here

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...5&page=3&pp=10

but basically i can try to sum up....

If a local agent is selling cheaper than other overseas online stores.....why order from those stores?

If a local agent has direct access of stocks to the principal....why order from those stores who do not even take stocks directly from the principal?

If the local agent can give a better guarantee that the items will be in perfect condition when it reaches your hands....why order from those stores?

So unless the overseas online store can offer substantial discounts, i think we should order from the local agents....be it H&S, aquamedic, deltec and so on......

and yeah...if order from overseas because it's cheaper...make sure u get trustworthy hands to deliver the items to you like what nim75sg has done....

But if one use fedex for bigger items like the bigger skimmers...the fees are probably going to wipe out whatever savings one has managed from those overseas stores...

I certainly do not want to know how much will they charge to transport the AP1003-AP1006 series...haha
Old 24-03-2005, 10:22 AM   #4
Dodo™

I guess I am the few lucky ones who got my deltec skimmer fully intact, except for the outlet pipe that was missing. Best part is I don't have to pay GST when I received my order Anyone working in IRAS here?

As a matter of fact, I had just order my deltec pump from the german online site. LOL

OK...the reason why I get from german online stores is because of the price difference previously. I was advised to get from local agent before I made my order from Germany. In fact, I was contacted by Stuart from D&D on the possibilities of buying direct.

Again I like to stress that I've got no problem getting from local agent provided he can give me the same terms as the german online stores. Sadly again, I prove otherwise, I can get my skimmer at >$200 cheaper than what I was offered. I do not wish to go into details on what was offered to me by the local agent. He knows what terms I am getting and I think he realised he cannot match the terms I was given.

However, judging from the current situation, it will be worthwhile getting from the local agent as he keep stock & can offer a slightly better price.

We as reefers no matter how rich you are, will ultimately go for the offer that offers the least damages to our pocket. You can show off how deep your pockets are or you just want to show the local agent how supportive you are to his shop, by all means go ahead. But I hope reefers will show a little respect of what others had decide for themselves.

A discussion in a forum will be fruitful if some respect is given to others.
Old 24-03-2005, 10:31 AM   #5
roidan

ya...ultimately we have no right to question where the reefer want to put his money with.....even if he decides to place his order with a more expensive source, he may have his own reasons

sigh...i guess we missed the window of opportunity when getting from overseas was significantly cheaper than the local agents....the gap is closing fast or maybe already closed....

ya...heng your stuff was missing instead of cracked. At least the outlet pipe is relatively easier to find in singapore....

ultimately if we can engage in informative debate that attempts to show a bigger picture, it's always better than a one-way traffic praising or putting down this brand or that brand and so on....
Old 24-03-2005, 11:15 AM   #6
Dodo™

lol...putting down a brand...keke...sounds familiar.

To anyone wanting a 50mm DIN standard pipe, kindly PM me. I have some sapre LOL...50mm
Old 24-03-2005, 12:04 PM   #7
soomin
Arofanatic

[QUOTE=Dodo™]I guess I am the few lucky ones who got my deltec skimmer fully intact, except for the outlet pipe that was missing. Best part is I don't have to pay GST when I received my order Anyone working in IRAS here?

Bro, is not "don't have to pay GST", is "you didn't pay GST".
soomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2005, 12:12 PM   #8
Dodo™

Quote:
Originally Posted by soomin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodo™
I guess I am the few lucky ones who got my deltec skimmer fully intact, except for the outlet pipe that was missing. Best part is I don't have to pay GST when I received my order Anyone working in IRAS here?
Bro, is not "don't have to pay GST", is "you didn't pay GST".
I am sorry, you are absolutely right. I didn't pay for any GST
Old 24-03-2005, 12:32 PM   #9
soomin
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodo™
I am sorry, you are absolutely right. I didn't pay for any GST
Haha.. what i am trying to say is "all import into Spore are require to pay GST to Spore Customs, even is goods for personal use", of course small amount don't bother lah. Remember years ago, guideline is S$200, not sure for now.
soomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2005, 12:35 PM   #10
Dodo™

That's strange, most of my orders from US and recently from Germany all escape GST payment. They are well above S$200