Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 08-09-2003, 09:49 AM   #451
CyberET

Quote:
Originally posted by Demekin
Pretty soon I will have a competitor to shop for butterfly. This is a risky but very good catch.

Tail wise, it's absolutely good. How to get it firm up ... that's the knowledge you will need to figure out.

Body is okay, quarantine it well and should be ready to pump it up.

Eyes is not good. I have a feeling it's going to be unbalanced eyes or getting smaller. This is going to be something for you to learn in the coming months.

Overall fish is not too bad. Observe the way it swim, learn from it. If you have any queries, the email is always there.
hMmm.. regarding the firming up? does the GH plays a part in this?

ya, the eyes on very close inspection, one slightly bigger than the other..

from the way it swims, it uses its two front paddles alot, is that how u tell from a still picture that its a butterfly also?

risky in what sense? u mean risky because the tail has a chance it may collaspe?
Old 08-09-2003, 12:37 PM   #452
Demekin

Last edited by Demekin; 14-10-2003 at 02:02 AM.
Old 08-09-2003, 12:51 PM   #453
CyberET

Quote:
Originally posted by Demekin
What do ya think ? It's more than just water to firm up the tail.

The eyes will be more obvious in a couple of weeks. Just keep it alive first lah.

There are some other ways to identify a butterfly. The more you buy, the more you familiarize with it.

Risky as it's a very weak fish. The tail will collapse if the keeping method is not right. The eyes will become unbalance if your water is not right. The body will become long if you use the wrong method. There are more. Let see how u keep all the butterflies you got now.
hmm... if its more than just water conditions, then food plays a part as well right? hmm.. any food that makes tail strong? tails r something like our skin? maybe vitamins may help? or is it like our nails? where calcium/protien is impt? hmm.. i mixed up my bio stuffs.. heh

is there such a thing where by if its a male, a female present will make it "steam"

its pretty active today, although it still doesn't have much strength to lift its tail, its in the pail, tail sinking, paddling ard with its two front fins, i think i spotted some blood streaks also

but i know that since the tails r so big, oxygen rich blood must be pumped to the edge of the tail efficiently to keep it nice.. i guess the fishy has high O2 needs as well? maybe the O2 rich enviroment of green water during the day helps as well?

is that also y a shorter body is better? besides the look, as the tail is closer to the heart?

i noticed my panda from AC is starting to open its tail big big.. maybe the green water helps alot.. so i guess health plays a big part in how it is able to hold its tail open?

Last edited by CyberET; 08-09-2003 at 01:06 PM.
Old 09-09-2003, 01:23 AM   #454
goldies

Quote:
Originally posted by CyberET
my new fishy, hehe, 6" plus tail, @ $16 bucks from polyart
nice? comments? did i pick correctly? what r the flaws with this one?
the tip of the tail tends to fold in sometimes, how ah?

i find the eye abit small, tail abit too soft, any way to remedy it?
nice tail. how come u find the tail too soft yet from the pic, it can hold the tail so well?
Old 09-09-2003, 08:42 AM   #455
CyberET

Quote:
Originally posted by goldies
nice tail. how come u find the tail too soft yet from the pic, it can hold the tail so well?
hehe.. picture mah, can wait for the fishy to pose correctly then snap else when it is swimming, the tail edge folds in, i have yet to see a butterfly that can hold its tail firm firm like tosakin like that, or is it not surpose to be like that?

Last edited by CyberET; 09-09-2003 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-09-2003, 12:14 AM   #456
goldies

Quote:
Originally posted by CyberET
hehe.. picture mah, can wait for the fishy to pose correctly then snap else when it is swimming, the tail edge folds in, i have yet to see a butterfly that can hold its tail firm firm like tosakin like that, or is it not surpose to be like that?
i thought when swimming, the tail 2 sides definitely will fold in one, else how to swim? as least yours tail end does not fold in like the 4RMB butterfly posted by bro HB. Not bad leow lah, esp for a 6"
Old 10-09-2003, 12:30 AM   #457
CyberET

Quote:
Originally posted by goldies
i thought when swimming, the tail 2 sides definitely will fold in one, else how to swim? as least yours tail end does not fold in like the 4RMB butterfly posted by bro HB. Not bad leow lah, esp for a 6"
oic.. hmm.. ok.. hehe, first time i keep butterfly mah.. didn't know its surpose to be like that, thanks for the enlightenment, hehe.. now i'll stop worrying about the tail for now
Old 11-09-2003, 07:49 PM   #458
egstring

Default TRP got black ones.....$180 WAH LAU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha.....
looks wierd....long bodied, small eyes.....funny looking...
very slender compared to the Malaysian ones....
bro Demekin, u gotta take a look there and comment on it....
Old 12-09-2003, 02:49 AM   #459
Fire87
Dragon

Default Re: TRP got black ones.....$180 WAH LAU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by egstring
haha.....
looks wierd....long bodied, small eyes.....funny looking...
very slender compared to the Malaysian ones....
bro Demekin, u gotta take a look there and comment on it....
har? $180? imported from japan also is it?
Fire87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2003, 12:43 PM   #460
Demekin

Default Tosakin Demekin

Last edited by Demekin; 14-10-2003 at 01:27 AM.