Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 03-03-2010, 09:34 AM   #11
Koji™
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by westiee View Post
Nice red cap...seem like all ur fishes are kept in white tank...any particular reason?White tank treatment?
No particular reason. So happen all the spare tank I have are white. Personally I prefer black tank. So now trying to free up a 5 footer for the big gang.
Koji™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:47 AM   #12
westiee
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koji™ View Post
No particular reason.
Haha..Oic...tot make them shine like Xback...
westiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:49 AM   #13
Koji™
Account Disabled

Quote:
Haha..Oic...tot make them shine like Xback...
Make the head more red or make it full helmet?
Old 03-03-2010, 10:29 AM   #14
dragonhart
Dragon

white base is fine...if all sides white.....the goldfish will slowly lose color....

Koiji san:
btw do disinfect your aro tank(surely got a lot of parasites) before putting the goldfishes in...clear the old water and filter media...fill up water ...add about 1/2-1 teaspoon of Potassium permaganate(PP) and soak for 30 should do..then drain the water off and refil with fresh water......PP can be found in any pharmacy...used for treating foot rot...

some salt like 0.02% or about 10g per 20 L is recommended since all your goldfishes are new arrivals....if goldfishes show signs of stress like poor appetite..add more salt...and stop feeding for a day.....

beware....your goldfish fever is very high liao.......take a breather....i think your filtration should be more than enough to handle the bioload.

Quote:
Nice red cap...seem like all ur fishes are kept in white tank...any particular reason?White tank treatment?
dragonhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:48 AM   #15
Koji™
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonhart View Post
white base is fine...if all sides white.....the goldfish will slowly lose color....

Koiji san:
btw do disinfect your aro tank(surely got a lot of parasites) before putting the goldfishes in...clear the old water and filter media...fill up water ...add about 1/2-1 teaspoon of Potassium permaganate(PP) and soak for 30 should do..then drain the water off and refil with fresh water......PP can be found in any pharmacy...used for treating foot rot...

some salt like 0.02% or about 10g per 20 L is recommended since all your goldfishes are new arrivals....if goldfishes show signs of stress like poor appetite..add more salt...and stop feeding for a day.....

beware....your goldfish fever is very high liao.......take a breather....i think your filtration should be more than enough to handle the bioload.
No worries. As I don't feed feeder to my aro and just mainly market prawn or pellet for this fella in there, I'm not worried about parasite. I will most probably flush the filter media with tap water and scrub the tank drain dry for 2 times before I fill it up again. So far this method work the best for me for I use tap water to disinfect my tanks at home. Our tap water now is very deadly.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:40 AM   #16
gavin tan
Dragon

Wah bro koji another collection..really got fever liao need panadol anot
gavin tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:42 AM   #17
Koji™
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin tan View Post
Wah bro koji another collection..really got fever liao need panadol anot
I no fever but I lau sai. Sibeh shiong. Lau until leg weak but then just did water change for the two gf tank. I charging my camer'a battery, later take the whole red cap oranda gang and maybe some of the small small ranchu picture together with them.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:04 PM   #18
pykoh
Dragon

Quote:
I no fever but I lau sai. Sibeh shiong. Lau until leg weak but then just did water change for the two gf tank. I charging my camer'a battery, later take the whole red cap oranda gang and maybe some of the small small ranchu picture together with them.
Bro Koji,

You seem to be buying a lot of goldfishes recently.

Ever consider getting higher (even up to comp grade) quality fishes to keep??? I mean lesser fishes but all high quality pieces???

Seems like you have all the factors to keep and groom them.

I do agree with Jason (dragonhart) that a white background would make them look "pale". Goldfish a bit like chameleon, better to use dark background (at least blue) if you can. You might want to consider.
pykoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:49 PM   #19
Koji™
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by pykoh View Post
Bro Koji,

You seem to be buying a lot of goldfishes recently.

Ever consider getting higher (even up to comp grade) quality fishes to keep??? I mean lesser fishes but all high quality pieces???

Seems like you have all the factors to keep and groom them.

I do agree with Jason (dragonhart) that a white background would make them look "pale". Goldfish a bit like chameleon, better to use dark background (at least blue) if you can. You might want to consider.
High grade one got wait for now. Wanna finalize some of the fish tanks at home before jumping into them. But I am more Towards as a hobbyist not intending for any competetion. And partially to keep my father occupied since he like gf.
I'm in the mid of doing fish shifting at home to free up some big tanks. Yup. All black tanks.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #20
dragonhart
Dragon

wow..filial son....will upz u....

my father play merobok...a kind of singing bird...he breeds and groom them for competition....now whole house bird cages..corridor also....kenna served with Town concil letter....paiseh side track a bit.

Quote:
High grade one got wait for now. Wanna finalize some of the fish tanks at home before jumping into them. But I am more Towards as a hobbyist not intending for any competetion. And partially to keep my father occupied since he like gf.
I'm in the mid of doing fish shifting at home to free up some big tanks. Yup. All black tanks.
dragonhart is offline   Reply With Quote