Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-10-2008, 12:07 PM   #51
highlander_den
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I went to Y618 yday and saw that they are selling neon orange crayfish. Their back pattern is almost similar to CPO's, as far as a newbie like me look at it. Uncle told me they will grow, but not as big as the normal crayfish. Below are some photos I took to share with all bros.







 
Old 14-10-2008, 02:05 PM   #52
nasty12
Arofanatic
 
nasty12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander_den View Post
I went to Y618 yday and saw that they are selling neon orange crayfish. Their back pattern is almost similar to CPO's, as far as a newbie like me look at it. Uncle told me they will grow, but not as big as the normal crayfish. Below are some photos I took to share with all bros.
Bro did he mention how big will it grow to? seems pretty smiliar to the 1 i saw @ c328 as well but auntie told me the size is Slighty (around an inch ) smaller than usual ones. but im not sure if its the same.
nasty12 is offline  
Old 14-10-2008, 04:01 PM   #53
botakme
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 267
Default

So far, Cambarellus patzcuarensis is the smallest species. Other species at young may look like CPO, better ensure it is the species you want before keeping them, some of these species even if look like orange in color are known to ripe plants apart and grow to very big size.
botakme is offline  
Old 14-10-2008, 04:08 PM   #54
randchai
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by botakme View Post
So far, Cambarellus patzcuarensis is the smallest species. Other species at young may look like CPO, better ensure it is the species you want before keeping them, some of these species even if look like orange in color are known to ripe plants apart and grow to very big size.
How do you differentiate them for sure ? The pics in Highlander_dens photos looks like adult CPOs to me..
 
Old 14-10-2008, 04:11 PM   #55
Patrique
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randchai View Post
How do you differentiate them for sure ? The pics in Highlander_dens photos looks like adult CPOs to me..
CPOs will tend to have like the 2 stripes on their body, if i'm not wrong...
 
Old 14-10-2008, 04:15 PM   #56
randchai
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrique View Post
CPOs will tend to have like the 2 stripes on their body, if i'm not wrong...
I believe there's a variation without stripes as well..
 
Old 14-10-2008, 04:26 PM   #57
botakme
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander_den View Post
I went to Y618 yday and saw that they are selling neon orange crayfish. Their back pattern is almost similar to CPO's, as far as a newbie like me look at it. Uncle told me they will grow, but not as big as the normal crayfish. Below are some photos I took to share with all bros.
Don't they provide scientific name? It is meaningless to call all short of names and at the end, we dont know what species we are keeping and how to give them a good enviroment.
botakme is offline  
Old 15-10-2008, 11:04 PM   #58
silane
Senior Dragon
 
silane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,136
Default

CPO sex:

silane is offline  
Old 15-10-2008, 11:38 PM   #59
randchai
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silane View Post
CPO sex:

Thks bro !
 
Old 16-10-2008, 10:36 AM   #60
highlander_den
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Bro Silane, that was very nice of you to show us how to tell the sexes of CPO, with the great help of the photos. Thank you.
 
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 01:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)