Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > AFC Associate Members Forum > Qian Hu

Old 20-09-2011, 12:18 PM   #21
Freedomivan
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tohet2000 View Post
not flower crab . is mud crab but smaller sizes compared to NTUC
Yup mud crab Those selling 3 for $10 de , to attract more crowd u can add in some big crab about the size of a head to attract attention, usually big crab will have more ppl joining . U can refer to gelyang prawn fishing website .Manu ppl went there for the crab buy after they change owner .the crowd die off.
Freedomivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomivan View Post
To attract more crowd u can add in tag prawn event . Prize like $1,$5,$10 ,$20 or Foc 1 HR Or Foc 3 HR.U also can add in crabbing , there r some ppl who love crab aslo
I think the winning combination is "lower than outside" price + nice, clean place to relax (adding more fans maybe?) And lastly, big sized prawns to attract us! What do you all think? Everyone likes its big, cheap and good! Haha!
Old 20-09-2011, 12:53 PM   #23
Sunday
Dragon

Why not make it a family thing? You have a prawning section and then you have a smaller pond for kids where they will each be given a small net and catch dither fishes like guppies, mollies or platies that they can bring home afterwards. That way parents can bring their children there and while the one parent is prawning, the other can keep the children busy. Then when it's dinner time, everyone can eat some barbequed prawns together!

But it has to be something different compared to the other prawning sites in S'pore because otherwise there would be absolutely no reason to go there when East Coast is a more ideal location for leisure. You guys will need to brainstorm a bit regarding more attractive prices or variety of prawns that can be caught so as to standout from other locations. I personally feel the first thing would have to be prices because many would travel further for better deals.

Just something for you guys to chew on.
Sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 08:33 PM   #24
Euphonlst
Dragon

Quote:
why not start something diff ? like catch sotong? hahaz
Actually I quite like this idea... Japan has this catch sotong for quite long I guess hope some people can import this idea to singapore so at least something new ... Juz my 2 cents opinion
Euphonlst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #25
Aronso
Arofanatic

I think that it is a gd idea to setup these kind of recreation activities as my gf and I used to visit Qian Hu every now and then during weekdays to see the wide variety of products/live stock Qian Hu got to afford and get our feet soaked into the fish pond and enjoy sweet moments of life. And once in a while buy fishes to add on to our current fish tank for more spectacular view.
Besides that, my gf also gets her rabbit bedding from Qian Hu too!
Hope that there will be a little corner for Rabbit Lovers like her so girls won't get so bored and give a frowning face while our eyes are filled with sparkles upon reaching.

Maybe once a while coming up with Pond of a certain theme might catch our interest if Qian Hu has something different to offer.

Here's some of the "To Note" Factors in Consumer's Point of View (IMHO)

1) Cleanliness (Cigarette Butts can be seen everywhere on the floor)
2) Rate of Catch (Low in Quality, High in Quantity)
3) Price Range (Exp rates turned people off)
4) Availability of Food & Beverages (Sporeans love to munch)
Aronso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2011, 10:08 AM   #26
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshak View Post
its a great idea to be able to enjoy seeing all the fishes at retail area then go pond for prawning or fishing =)
yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espree View Post
IMO, Qian Hu has been a family hangout where kids can have their fair share of fun in fish keeping. You guys have done a good job at the kids section. Introducing the prawning section will draw more crowd if parents can also enjoy fishing while their children have their fun nearby. The key word here is nearby. Being a parent, facilities are best designed if the whole family can enjoy a day out interacting w kids and other families.

My two cents
we have the longkang fishing for kids, maybe can have a playground

Quote:
Originally Posted by darter View Post
Haha. Dont need too much space to do a simple catch and release pond and a prawning pond buddy. I think it will be a great idea and will definatly attract even more crowd visiting the farm.
those catch n release no big pond not fun i think

Quote:
not flower crab . is mud crab but smaller sizes compared to NTUC
thx, it's those "ba cim"

Quote:
why not start something diff ? like catch sotong? hahaz
sotong!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by awj2703 View Post
u see jurong bird park they got the catfishing.. if not wrong, $5 for a rod and that's it.. no reel.. u can whack how many come up, all urs.. if thread broke or wad, $5 for new round..
Those r the skill fishing i have in mind, rather than salt water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomivan View Post
Yup mud crab Those selling 3 for $10 de , to attract more crowd u can add in some big crab about the size of a head to attract attention, usually big crab will have more ppl joining . U can refer to gelyang prawn fishing website .Manu ppl went there for the crab buy after they change owner .the crowd die off.
will try to include it in the proposal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9900 View Post
I think the winning combination is "lower than outside" price + nice, clean place to relax (adding more fans maybe?) And lastly, big sized prawns to attract us! What do you all think? Everyone likes its big, cheap and good! Haha!
cheaper than outside is not possible i think, will make the place nice n relaxing tho, i know of a place every sat got 300-350 grams monster prawn, maybe can follow wat they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
Why not make it a family thing? You have a prawning section and then you have a smaller pond for kids where they will each be given a small net and catch dither fishes like guppies, mollies or platies that they can bring home afterwards. That way parents can bring their children there and while the one parent is prawning, the other can keep the children busy. Then when it's dinner time, everyone can eat some barbequed prawns together!

But it has to be something different compared to the other prawning sites in S'pore because otherwise there would be absolutely no reason to go there when East Coast is a more ideal location for leisure. You guys will need to brainstorm a bit regarding more attractive prices or variety of prawns that can be caught so as to standout from other locations. I personally feel the first thing would have to be prices because many would travel further for better deals.

Just something for you guys to chew on.
we do have the longkang fishing for kids n fish spa maybe for the ladies yeah need to brianstorm for ideas liao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonlst View Post
Actually I quite like this idea... Japan has this catch sotong for quite long I guess hope some people can import this idea to singapore so at least something new ... Juz my 2 cents opinion
maybe try fish mussels, bullfrogs .... share yr strange ideas but who knows it's actually good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronso View Post

I think that it is a gd idea to setup these kind of recreation activities as my gf and I used to visit Qian Hu every now and then during weekdays to see the wide variety of products/live stock Qian Hu got to afford and get our feet soaked into the fish pond and enjoy sweet moments of life. And once in a while buy fishes to add on to our current fish tank for more spectacular view.
Besides that, my gf also gets her rabbit bedding from Qian Hu too!
Hope that there will be a little corner for Rabbit Lovers like her so girls won't get so bored and give a frowning face while our eyes are filled with sparkles upon reaching.

Maybe once a while coming up with Pond of a certain theme might catch our interest if Qian Hu has something different to offer.

Here's some of the "To Note" Factors in Consumer's Point of View (IMHO)

1) Cleanliness (Cigarette Butts can be seen everywhere on the floor)
2) Rate of Catch (Low in Quality, High in Quantity)
3) Price Range (Exp rates turned people off)
4) Availability of Food & Beverages (Sporeans love to munch)
maybe start a mini zoo

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | YOUTUBE
Qian Hu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 12:16 PM   #27
Aronso
Arofanatic

O ya...if u gonna set this up, pls remember to sell some beer!!!
Aronso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 01:17 PM   #28
Euphonlst
Dragon

Quote:
Beer garden with pretty beer girl sure confirm people mountain people sea.
Euphonlst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 03:51 PM   #29
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
not sure if our retail qualify for a liquor license or not, i dun think can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonlst View Post
Beer garden with pretty beer girl sure confirm people mountain people sea.
even if sell fruit juice but got pretty girls to serve also will ppl mountain ppl sea

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | YOUTUBE
Qian Hu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 06:18 PM   #30
zapper8

Dont sell beer but we BYO beer lor