Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Aquatic Showcase & Photography > Aquatic Photography

Old 05-09-2006, 09:58 PM   #31
tagore

very good skills. hahaha i also did one, not to show off but just to let you know i will also help to edit. haha

Old 25-09-2006, 10:54 PM   #32
jebus
Dragon

hi i'd like to ask u if u are having a informative book abt aro?
or a pictorial book abt fishes?

just some ideas,
its really hard to have a book that covers it all for fishes
since its REALLY wide in scoop

maybe u can reduce the scoop to say
" fish trends for year 2006"
"popular Exotic fish"
something along that line

i can contribute by having pics of my 16+" fire eels, 13" IT taken

i'd like to contribute more towards the "ideas" part of the book
cos my fish really CMI

think we can also include the POTM into the last few pages of the book
so it really makes ppl motivated to take superb pics

Last edited by benny; 17-12-2006 at 12:38 PM.
jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 11:42 PM   #33
tagore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagore View Post
Mod, can i post this here or pls move this if necessary. We promise to upload some pics here to contribute

1. Photographers (experts and newbies) illustionist, slooow, Mewmender, coldfish
2. Designers (Photoshop min 2) [C]iRus
3. Designers (illustrators)
4. Layout mrstick
5. Creative GiantSpirit
6. Typesetter
7. Copywriter
8. Editor (English) Maverick1975, GHETTOKID, Rahl, davefish, AngelAddick (latest)
9. Editor (Chinese)
9.1 Concept Jebuslatest
10. Website (Programmer)
11. Website designer
12. CDRom (programmer)
13. Project Manager (1-2 only)
14. Retailer (mph, kino, times, borders, select)
15. Distributor (marketasia)
16. Journalist (Straits times, newpaper)
17. Journalist (ChannelNewsAsia)
18. Marketing managers
19. Arowana experts (Violet Fusion)
20. Arowana experts (Panda Gold)
21. Arowana experts (Any categories) Koji
22. Filteration setup experts
23. Diseases experts
24. Arofanatics mod Benny : Moderator
25. Fishes (any category but that person must be the expert in that category)
26. Plants experts (aqua doctor: mangrove expert, wackytpt)
27. Chemical experts (water chemistry)
28. Tank aquascaping experts (Aqua Design Amano equivalent )
29. CRS and shrimps (silane)
30. Printers (Jimaro)
31. Consultant (Dr Malick, u can advice?)
32. Farm Owners Jeff
33. others
any ideas bro. i keep start team asap. meetings will be held in small groups, related to each other. Requirement. will sign Non disclosure agreement before start. no need to contribute $$.

tagore

haha. soon soon. not enough power

Hi Jebus,

this book is a new concept aim at a bestseller for aquatic and non aquatic readers. It will be an introductory as well as an indepth discussion of related topics. this means that both groups of readers will be able to benefit from it. The book is informative but like national geographic it will be pictorial , especially the photos are a depiction of something we have not seen in that manner. look at my avatar, it says nobel peace prize not gold coin. hahaha jokes aside, we are a serious bunch of people striving towards excellence.

ur suggestions are noted
Old 26-09-2006, 01:23 AM   #34
jebus
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagore View Post
Hi Jebus,

this book is a new concept aim at a bestseller for aquatic and non aquatic readers. It will be an introductory as well as an indepth discussion of related topics. this means that both groups of readers will be able to benefit from it. The book is informative but like national geographic it will be pictorial , especially the photos are a depiction of something we have not seen in that manner. look at my avatar, it says nobel peace prize not gold coin. hahaha jokes aside, we are a serious bunch of people striving towards excellence.

ur suggestions are noted
hi then i suggest we do it like a magazine

got the basics part and the pictures part
i'm sure the basics part will include intro to filtration, tank setup pretty much like a forum
Old 26-09-2006, 01:35 AM   #35
jebus
Dragon

basic frame work

1)intro to beginners (incl. filtration for OUR type of setups ie planted, pred)
but i seriously thing we sld focus on the fishes n shrimps =) cos there's quite some amnt of planted material but seldom/lil odd/novelty type of fish books

a) pics of filtration systems, need sumps, OHF, cannister, internal, sponge n all that sorts. lists pros n cons. how to setup media in the systems. must include pics of media

b) tank : pros n con of acrylic/ glass tank. ( short short one can liao) can ask the tank maker bros

c) MAINLY FISHES: goto our main focus ARO n ARO TANKMATES. first state the types, care for.. standard pH stuff. BUT the main thing we gonna do is gonna state the things to go for in EACH species of fish we going for. IE, ST must have nice thick solid stripe. tell them how the "forum" hobbyist think about the patterns of "nice" fish shld be. can also show them abt atnning of REDs, choosing a good healthy fish, history n myths surrounding AROs. meaning of having diff tankmates.

i go organise my thots n put them in Ms word style

distribution of the book can be placed at various popular LFS ( c328, y618, FISHROOM) where there's many hobbyist

anyway for now i can contribute n will be free every wkend
but will be able to use brain on everyday of the wk!!

shall we have a magazine style

where there's starting then article after article

each article will have care, tanksetup, history of the fish/ origins and finally LOADS OF PICS!

Last edited by benny; 17-12-2006 at 12:39 PM.
Old 26-09-2006, 01:04 PM   #36
tagore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebus View Post
basic frame work

1)intro to beginners (incl. filtration for OUR type of setups ie planted, pred)
but i seriously thing we sld focus on the fishes n shrimps =) cos there's quite some amnt of planted material but seldom/lil odd/novelty type of fish books

a) pics of filtration systems, need sumps, OHF, cannister, internal, sponge n all that sorts. lists pros n cons. how to setup media in the systems. must include pics of media

b) tank : pros n con of acrylic/ glass tank. ( short short one can liao) can ask the tank maker bros

c) MAINLY FISHES: goto our main focus ARO n ARO TANKMATES. first state the types, care for.. standard pH stuff. BUT the main thing we gonna do is gonna state the things to go for in EACH species of fish we going for. IE, ST must have nice thick solid stripe. tell them how the "forum" hobbyist think about the patterns of "nice" fish shld be. can also show them abt atnning of REDs, choosing a good healthy fish, history n myths surrounding AROs. meaning of having diff tankmates.

i go organise my thots n put them in Ms word style

distribution of the book can be placed at various popular LFS ( c328, y618, FISHROOM) where there's many hobbyist
i am impressed . also we can have various designs incorporated. we will most likely kick start once i get the non disclosure agreement up. so we can formally do this.

cheers
tagore
Old 26-09-2006, 03:48 PM   #37
mtanec

passion driven interest..

you may have to be careful with your content and concept.. any ideas taken from anywhere must be properly referenced or must seek for permission to used any information.. at this rate, your team may need to have a legal cousellor too..
Old 26-09-2006, 08:59 PM   #38
jebus
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtanec View Post

you may have to be careful with your content and concept.. any ideas taken from anywhere must be properly referenced or must seek for permission to used any information.. at this rate, your team may need to have a legal cousellor too..
that's why we r gonn ause the forum as a platform to source n seek pictures

pictures will prob be the main focus
everyone loves a pretty book with loads of pictures
Old 26-09-2006, 10:02 PM   #39
tagore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtanec View Post

hi are you legal counsellor? bro mtanec. can we have lunch tml at bendemeer? 97662438

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebus View Post
that's why we r gonn ause the forum as a platform to source n seek pictures

pictures will prob be the main focus
everyone loves a pretty book with loads of pictures
we will sort out proper reference and write for permission. also, most parts will be original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slooow View Post
bendemeer? my house nearby

hahaha
u are already part of the team. if you are interested, can join us to do the legal section with mtanec, if he is to represent legal counsel. haha. btw i still list you as the role you previously offered. cheers

Last edited by benny; 17-12-2006 at 12:39 PM.
Old 26-09-2006, 11:33 PM   #40
jebus
Dragon

from what i see we have most of the "processing team done" need the ppl who will go collect data... pictures.... info !