Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences

Old 12-06-2014, 04:26 PM   #41
archie2000

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiecheng View Post
hi bro i think you have underage fishes there lol. your water etc too tempting for them to make love. maybe let them be so that they can grow bigger
A pail of cold water from the previous owner hahaa... bro I told my frens n family they will take another 6 more months for them to mature pair and spawn as they are still very young... when I took over from u they were just 3.5" big... 2.5wks later doing mating dance n 2 more days later which is today lay eggs liao I oso suspect they are too young n not matured yet nevertheless its a pleasant surprise... ok shall take yours n bro kiang advice... leave them as it is n c how they develop... will be super bonus if next 2 wks eggs turn dark with larvae n hatch to fries... but I think most likely eggs will turn white without proper fertilisation... so far the pair are doing a very good job prorecting n fanning the eggs... well done Red Trooper
Old 12-06-2014, 04:27 PM   #42
citi21
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiang View Post
I felt that you should not do anything as for now.

Wait for this pair to be prove themselves with the first batch of fries before starting a breeding tank for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Before you can see the first batch of fries, they will be eaten up by other discus liao.
citi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 04:34 PM   #43
archie2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by citi21 View Post
Before you can see the first batch of fries, they will be eaten up by other discus liao.
Hahaa yalor... no worries... I will monitor very closely... the main objective is to make sure this pair can lay n hatch... if confirm then there will be many chances to spawn again but this time will be in a dedicated breeding tank
Old 12-06-2014, 04:48 PM   #44
nitingdedao
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by archie2000 View Post
A pail of cold water from the previous owner hahaa... bro I told my frens n family they will take another 6 more months for them to mature pair and spawn as they are still very young... when I took over from u they were just 3.5" big... 2.5wks later doing mating dance n 2 more days later which is today lay eggs liao I oso suspect they are too young n not matured yet nevertheless its a pleasant surprise... ok shall take yours n bro kiang advice... leave them as it is n c how they develop... will be super bonus if next 2 wks eggs turn dark with larvae n hatch to fries... but I think most likely eggs will turn white without proper fertilisation... so far the pair are doing a very good job prorecting n fanning the eggs... well done Red Trooper
One thing to note.

Size is not equivalent to age
nitingdedao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 04:54 PM   #45
citi21
Arofanatic

Quote:
Hahaa yalor... no worries... I will monitor very closely... the main objective is to make sure this pair can lay n hatch... if confirm then there will be many chances to spawn again but this time will be in a dedicated breeding tank
Bro,
Why not remove them to a breeding tank since they are about to spawn.
my place have spare breeding tank which you can place your pair there..
citi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 05:07 PM   #46
archie2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitingdedao View Post
One thing to note.

Size is not equivalent to age
Wah! Another bucket of ice cold water from bro nitingdedao now I hope the spawning is not successful hahaa... if successful tat means I got "stunted" discus... bro eddiecheng just kidding maybe they r new species call "high fins dwarf red pearl" discus... to help hobbyist save tank space
Old 12-06-2014, 05:16 PM   #47
archie2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by citi21 View Post
Bro,
Why not remove them to a breeding tank since they are about to spawn.
my place have spare breeding tank which you can place your pair there..
Hahaa very tempting offer bro... thks any way... I hv already cater the space for 2 breeding tanks
Old 12-06-2014, 06:02 PM   #48
Pikapig
Dragon

DOn worry, if they can spawn one time, they can do so soon....
Pikapig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 06:39 PM   #49
nitingdedao
Dragon

Quote:
Wah! Another bucket of ice cold water from bro nitingdedao now I hope the spawning is not successful hahaa... if successful tat means I got "stunted" discus... bro eddiecheng just kidding maybe they r new species call "high fins dwarf red pearl" discus... to help hobbyist save tank space
All discus hobbyist suffers cold buckets..... I get them all the time.... but we move on
nitingdedao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 07:02 PM   #50
archie2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikapig View Post
DOn worry, if they can spawn one time, they can do so soon....
Great minds think alike bro