Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Catfish Forum

Old 20-04-2009, 02:15 PM   #1
steroiduser88

Default Sengal keeps hiding.

Currently i have 2 senegals right now. one is an albino and another is nine sectioned dragon (direct translation from shop keeper)

usually the one that should be afraid of the dark is the albino however the albino is very happily swimming around the tank most of the time even with the lights on whilst the other one the nine sectioned dragon is usually hiding beneath my driftwood.

is this some inication of the water condition? the senegals were a gift to my girlfriend cause she is into carnivorous fish so i dont want anything to happen to them...

experts here please advice on what i can do to make my fish more sociable.
Old 20-04-2009, 05:23 PM   #2
dywm

Senegal is very hardy and not a shy species just give it few days to establish in your new tank... do look out for any sign of deseases, it should be ok otherwise.
Old 20-04-2009, 05:40 PM   #3
limdes75

Quote:
Originally Posted by steroiduser88 View Post
Currently i have 2 senegals right now. one is an albino and another is nine sectioned dragon (direct translation from shop keeper)

usually the one that should be afraid of the dark is the albino however the albino is very happily swimming around the tank most of the time even with the lights on whilst the other one the nine sectioned dragon is usually hiding beneath my driftwood.

is this some inication of the water condition? the senegals were a gift to my girlfriend cause she is into carnivorous fish so i dont want anything to happen to them...

experts here please advice on what i can do to make my fish more sociable.
no worry tis part of they life... just like ppl some shy, some not... my "kong long wang" nw almost 1ft still hid behind DW wen ppl near tank...
Old 20-04-2009, 07:44 PM   #4
kelvinnwk

hi bro steroiduser88, did u just introduce them to the tank not long ago ?? give them come time to get use to the new environment ya, some bichirs are more active while some are more shy compared to the rest, they like to hide behind woods, rocks or even powerheads.

Tags
albino, senegal, socialble