Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 18-01-2009, 06:14 PM   #1
nutx
Dragon

Default Mini Growth out event

Hi Bro.....

A few of us, 3 to be exact, went down to Diamond and pick 7 small tosai from his recent shipment and grow them together in a rented pond that we shared the cost. We will be tracking their progress together.

As I also receive a few pm from Bro showing interests in joining us, I'm posting some administrative details for mutual understanding.

Objective of this event is to enjoy the fun of koi keeping, learn & observe together the growing stage of the fish. There is No prize at the end of the event.

Those fish that we bought are from a Diamond recent shipment. Size is about 20+/- cm. Price wise, it is from $250 onwards. Some with Certificate (same size) are at $600 onwards. Exact price, pls went down and check with the Boss, Mr Lee. He is not aware that we are doing this event, and now posting in this forum...

For anyone who would like to join us, I would suggest you pm me, so that I can inform Mr Lee that you will be keeping the fish in our pond.

Cost involved :
1. Your purchase price of fish
2. We will be collecting a keeping charge of $100 for 6 months. The balances of the running cost will be shared by the 3 of us who started the event.

Procedures to join:

1. You can just proceed to Diamond and buy your own fish, preferably size below 30cm. We restrict to Gosanke only as Non-Gosanke can be difficult to identify at a later stage.
(Best is within in this week)

2. After your purchase, you can tell him that you will be keeping in my pond.

3. You will pass me the $100 at the next gathering.

Our keeping procedures (to make your $100 worth):

1. We will be feeding with Sakai Wheatgerm and Sakai Colour food.
2. We will add Refresh powder into the pond once every 2 weeks.
3. We will take measurement and photo at 3 mths interval.
4. No bowling of fish is allowed unless due to health reason.

Those interested, can post here or pm me.....
I should be in Diamond on Wed afternoon.

Cheers!

Poh Beng
nutx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #2
pykoh
Dragon

Good, finally something is running.
pykoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2009, 11:11 PM   #3
aroflim

What's the dimension of the pond and what is the maximum number of koi set for this pond? Can I put in koi I bought from other farm?
Old 19-01-2009, 12:24 AM   #4
nutx
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroflim View Post
What's the dimension of the pond and what is the maximum number of koi set for this pond? Can I put in koi I bought from other farm?
Bro...I think it's best to keep fish from the same farm to avoid any quarantine process and risk of contamination.

The current pond we are using is 100tons, and we have our other fish inside. If the response is good, we will try to get a 40tons pond for this event alone.
Old 19-01-2009, 03:14 AM   #5
APLBW
Arofanatic

Sounds Great !!!

Count me in.

My only problem is not being able to go down to select one before the good ones are taken up.

Thanks bro for organising this.

APLBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2009, 08:09 AM   #6
pykoh
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by APLBW View Post
Sounds Great !!!

Count me in.

My only problem is not being able to go down to select one before the good ones are taken up.

Thanks bro for organising this.

No worries, he has plenty Go-sankes to choose from (about 60-70 pieces left). On Sat, he sold 10 pieces, not sure if he sold any on Sun. That's why bro Nutx says best within this week. In any case, what we choose may not be what you looking for.

If you can go down on Wed afternoon, it would be good as bro Nutx will be there at a certain timing. Probably, he can help give some help/comments with your selection.

Last but not least, remember that there might be some "gems" from his previous leftover shipment which you can choose as well. I find that this sort of things happen everywhere (NKF, Diamond, Max and etc). Only whether you sharp to pick it up or not.

Last edited by pykoh; 19-01-2009 at 08:20 AM.
Old 19-01-2009, 08:19 AM   #7
pykoh
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroflim View Post
Maybe just to add on to what bro Nutx has say, there is currently about 20 kois in this 100 ton pond which belongs to the 3 of us. Adding these growth out fishes would not be a problem unless suddenly we have overwhelming response and need to put 30-40 pieces inside.

Feeding is controlled by an autofeeder (Sakai food - sinking) which will be top up by the farm hands. When we are there, we like to feed a bit of the floating type food (also Sakai) to get the koi to the surface to see how they are doing.
Old 19-01-2009, 12:14 PM   #8
sgbetta
Senior Dragon

Interesting event...These few day was quite busy nv go see fish. Will pop by and check out on the new arrival maybe joining u guys...
sgbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2009, 02:19 PM   #9
cheangv

Glad to see that the grow out event is kicking off. I think $100 for 6 months is very reasonable. What time are you intending to be at Diamond on Wed? I might try to drop by and see if there are any interesting kois to be bought for this grow out.
Old 19-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #10
nutx
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheangv View Post
Glad to see that the grow out event is kicking off. I think $100 for 6 months is very reasonable. What time are you intending to be at Diamond on Wed? I might try to drop by and see if there are any interesting kois to be bought for this grow out.
I'll be there after 3pm....