Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2018, 03:39 PM   #11
Aro77
Dragon
 
Aro77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetsmart73 View Post
Bro, that is one big tank for your xb. Kudos.

Honest, there is no one standard grooming sop.

My xb, "bullet head", its name, is 4.5 yrs old.
Bagged home since it was just weeks old at 3.5".

Kept in a 422 just with a black base. Currently, bullet head is already 23" crossing at level 6.

Diet: strictly pork fillet, daily wc at 70%
bro, long time, if i may ask, what AC do you use and how long does it take you to fill back up the 70%, my 4 2 2, if i do big wc, my fishes seem to not take it well i do not know why.
Aro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:29 PM   #12
streetsmart73

Hi there !!! 123
 
streetsmart73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,895
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTH View Post
Pork???????????

Why pork ahaha?
honest, I learnt it from AF's beerman.

Pork is very available & affordable

Cut the fillet into smaller cubes.
streetsmart73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:34 PM   #13
streetsmart73

Hi there !!! 123
 
streetsmart73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,895
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aro77 View Post
bro, long time, if i may ask, what AC do you use and how long does it take you to fill back up the 70%, my 4 2 2, if i do big wc, my fishes seem to not take it well i do not know why.
I swear by seachem prime as the regular wc.

Honest, it takes about 20 mins per 422 tank topping up; full volume from the tap.
streetsmart73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 01:41 PM   #14
NTH
Arofanatic
 
NTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetsmart73 View Post
I swear by seachem prime as the regular wc.

Honest, it takes about 20 mins per 422 tank topping up; full volume from the tap.
Thanks for the info.

Do you mind sharing some pics of your amazing aro?
NTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 01:00 PM   #15
Aro77
Dragon
 
Aro77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetsmart73 View Post
I swear by seachem prime as the regular wc.

Honest, it takes about 20 mins per 422 tank topping up; full volume from the tap.
Thanks bro, i also have been using seachem prime all these years with no issue, however recently i had a tank wipe out, on a 4 2 2 , friends told me it's a seachem prime issue, but im still using it for my larger tanks and touch wood no issue, after hearing about your WC, im convinced it's not a Seachem issue but perhaps more towards the water issue on that particular day of WC..

what is your dosage for your water change bro ?
Aro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:08 PM   #16
streetsmart73

Hi there !!! 123
 
streetsmart73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,895
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aro77 View Post
Thanks bro, i also have been using seachem prime all these years with no issue, however recently i had a tank wipe out, on a 4 2 2 , friends told me it's a seachem prime issue, but im still using it for my larger tanks and touch wood no issue, after hearing about your WC, im convinced it's not a Seachem issue but perhaps more towards the water issue on that particular day of WC..

what is your dosage for your water change bro ?
For 70% of the 422: not more than 5ml of seachem prime
streetsmart73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:13 PM   #17
bian27
Dragon
 
bian27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 816
Default

It all down to gene and blood line.. good diet and grooming will only maintain the original gene but not improve it..if the fish is not from a good gene, no matter what to feed or groom it will be the same.. so unless u are expert in choosing juvenile fish, if not get a 10 above fish. My humble opinion...
bian27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 08:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)