Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Betta Forum > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-07-2008, 12:42 AM   #61
kebab7
Endangered Dragon
 
kebab7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen_jie View Post
maybe wat u are implying is, u groom a young piece of betta from a less than 180 caudual to a 180 caudual.? like tat i will say it is possible, coz the fish is young.

but if u say a adult fish.. then i think it is impossible. jus like those fighter plakat, can u groom them to a hmpk?

wat i am trying to imply is, there is a limitation on the grooming process, it still zero down to the genes.
that could be wat he meant...
kebab7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2008, 12:42 AM   #62
melwave
Dragon
 
melwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,556
Default

Hope this helps with pics, from Joep webby of course.




melwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2008, 12:43 AM   #63
nasha31588
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robi2000 View Post
now all hell break loose...., judges coming

come on mr judges, you need to speak up, otherwise those newbie and season hobbyst like me leave in the dark when talking about HM
waiting for you to keep long tail first
  Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2008, 12:45 AM   #64
superlamon
Endangered Dragon
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kian_john View Post
=)maybe its just my luck that i got one that turn into a hmpk lor..
Thats really cool bro!

Don mind sharing how long this piece black copper been with u?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kian_john View Post
hmm..seems impossible huh?nvm,but i tot how many ray is not a matter?as long as it reach a D caudal = HMPK?according to previous tread?haa
Oh....D caudal i think so far not much D caudal got 2 rays....

my 2 cents. correct me if i m wrong..maybe i not in this hobby long enough..last time maybe have..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen_jie View Post
maybe wat u are implying is, u groom a young piece of betta from a less than 180 caudual to a 180 caudual.? like tat i will say it is possible, coz the fish is young.

but if u say a adult fish.. then i think it is impossible. jus like those fighter plakat, can u groom them to a hmpk?

wat i am trying to imply is, there is a limitation on the grooming process, it still zero down to the genes.
Grooming got limit...agree with u Bro Senjie!
superlamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2008, 12:47 AM   #65
superlamon
Endangered Dragon
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by melwave View Post
Hope this helps with pics, from Joep webby of course.




it will surely help alot of the new members who are accessing this forum!

Thumbs up!
superlamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2008, 12:47 AM   #66
kebab7
Endangered Dragon
 
kebab7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superlamon View Post
Thats really cool bro!

Don mind sharing how long this piece black copper been with u?



Oh....D caudal i think so far not much D caudal got 2 rays....

my 2 cents. correct me if i m wrong..maybe i not in this hobby long enough..last time maybe have..



Grooming got limit...agree with u Bro Senjie!

ya grooming got its limit...

2 ray got HM.. but its the so-called "traditional Hm" which is classifies as major fault as stated by bro melwave
kebab7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2008, 12:47 AM   #67
melwave
Dragon
 
melwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasha31588 View Post
to me , a good hm = caudal must perfectly D.
first ray and the last ray of its caudal must be the same length.
all the secondary rays branching must be equaly spread. (4 , 8 or 16 )
Bro, I agree with you. Halfmoon with end sharp edges are an additional bonus++
melwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2008, 12:48 AM   #68
EtErNiTy
Dragon
 
EtErNiTy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,109
Default

i believe that grooming them sometime will get in return
so treat up betta well
EtErNiTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2008, 12:50 AM   #69
FD3S
Dragon
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,074
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kian_john View Post
=)maybe its just my luck that i got one that turn into a hmpk lor..



sorry to add in this is the picture after but cant find the pic before
i know what you mean, but there must be a limit to how much you can errrm... for lack of a better word, "stretch" the caudal. for one, the fish must have good HMPK genes.

FD3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2008, 12:51 AM   #70
kian_john
Senior Dragon
 
kian_john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FD3S View Post
i know what you mean, but there must be a limit to how much you can errrm... for lack of a better word, "stretch" the caudal. for one, the fish must have good HMPK genes.

yup maybe bahs..i`m lucky in that case
kian_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 06:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)