Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 15-12-2008, 07:23 PM   #11
WaterDroplets

huh for what? singapore can get quite good grades sakura wad..
Old 17-12-2008, 12:21 AM   #12
d2sign

There are people who brought in CRS from Japan and I do believe Singapore can get very good grade CRS

Just to get the best gene and pure red line I guess.
Old 17-12-2008, 01:13 AM   #13
mel81

i guess other factors also plays a part in making the shrimp looks red.. eg. lights, background and the gravel colour. Sometimes its the 'effects'
Old 17-12-2008, 01:53 AM   #14
silane
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2sign View Post
There are people who brought in CRS from Japan and I do believe Singapore can get very good grade CRS

Just to get the best gene and pure red line I guess.
Pure red line?? This is rare in Singapore... the high price and high level of challenge to breed them in large number explain why they will not be popular here.
silane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2008, 10:47 AM   #15
d2sign

Yep they are rare but I saw a bunch of pure red line in a LFS. Too bad those are not for sell.
Old 17-12-2008, 11:30 AM   #16
akensg

Default Sakura in Singapore

Actually the ones on sale in Singapore do look really good already.

My only issue is that they only have females for sale. Probably want to ake the sales go one for as long as possible while the shrimps are a novelty. They are probably counting on the fact that the shrimp babies will get eaten by fish or something so we do not get a new round of shrimp - since there are no males.

And out of the 10 which I bought, 2-3 dropped back to normal cherry shrimp colouration once they hatched their eggs. I suppose some cherry shrimps were added.

However, all the eggs have hatched and I can count about 100 baby shrimp all over the tank and growing out at different stages. I'll see what the babies look like and they should start breeding when they get older.
Old 17-12-2008, 12:21 PM   #17
trevally
Dragon

Got the below info from one of taiwanese aquatic forums. Looks like cherry shrimps also like CRS got many grades.

1.B級玫瑰蝦---一般水館看到的那種不是很紅,體型不大也不會很紅.
市價約是1隻3元-5元. 約是1.2公分-1.5公分

2.A級玫瑰蝦---比B級稍微大一點紅一點.
市價約是1隻5元-10元. 約是1.2公分-2公分

3.特A級玫瑰蝦--比A級要大要紅的許多,但還不到火焰蝦的等級.
市價約是1隻10元-15元. 約是1.5公分-2.5公分

4.一般火焰蝦--體型介於A級跟特A級之間,紅度比前3種都要紅,
市價約是1隻15元-20元. 約是1.2公分-2.5公分

5.S級火焰蝦--體型也是介於A級跟特A級之間,這個等級已經很棒了,
顏色血紅,稍微會透光.
售價約是1隻20元-30元 約是1.5公分-2.5公分

6.SS級火焰蝦--體型大,蝦殼不透光,顏色非常血紅,這種等級養起來很過癮了!
售價約是1隻30元-40元. 約是2公分-3公分

7.極火蝦----體型大尤其以母蝦最美,蝦殼不透光,連腳都是血紅色的喔!!!
顏色非常的血紅,或是非常的橙紅,運氣好的甚至可以抓到紅到發紫的夢幻極火蝦(通常可遇不可求 )

售價約是1隻40元-80元. 約是2公分-3公分
trevally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2008, 02:26 PM   #18
d2sign

Yep yep, there are being graded in Taiwan and the one who brand the 極火蝦 is 李济台先生 from 长生渔场. According to the article I read, he mention because the red are so concentrate, the "real" 極火蝦 will never have this color fading problem due to different conditions or even when they are stress, that is how he grade and differentciate the 極火蝦 from other. And he export 20 thousand from his farm each year~
Old 17-12-2008, 08:12 PM   #19
silane
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Yep they are rare but I saw a bunch of pure red line in a LFS. Too bad those are not for sell.
Pure red line is referred to CRS, which has no golden genes, the red is very red, most of them has red legs... not refer to Cherry or Sukura, I had a joke with Spid on his pure red line cherry, u must have confused.
silane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2008, 12:52 AM   #20
168km/h

Quote:
Yep yep, there are being graded in Taiwan and the one who brand the 極火蝦 is 李济台先生 from 长生渔场. According to the article I read, he mention because the red are so concentrate, the "real" 極火蝦 will never have this color fading problem due to different conditions or even when they are stress, that is how he grade and differentciate the 極火蝦 from other. And he export 20 thousand from his farm each year~
Nice, wonder if any of them reached singapore