Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 19-04-2007, 02:12 AM   #1
magislayer

Default Help! Aro only likes to eat Cockroaches!

How ah? My Aro normally eats SW, but recently for 3 weeks liao, ate very little SW; rejected MP, small frog, red feeder fishes.Never liked crickets.

Now only eats cockroaches. Loves cockroaches since day 0; i stopped feeding it roaches for a few mths liao until i buay tahan its food rejection just now.

Sinkapore got LFS sell cockroaches? Very troublesome to catch roaches everyday though my house has a steady supply of roaches from the longkang.

BTW the aro is RTG, about 6yrs old liao and around 20" long.
Old 19-04-2007, 03:29 AM   #2
Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by magislayer View Post
How ah? My Aro normally eats SW, but recently for 3 weeks liao, ate very little SW; rejected MP, small frog, red feeder fishes.Never liked crickets.

Now only eats cockroaches. Loves cockroaches since day 0; i stopped feeding it roaches for a few mths liao until i buay tahan its food rejection just now.

Sinkapore got LFS sell cockroaches? Very troublesome to catch roaches everyday though my house has a steady supply of roaches from the longkang.

Aros really have different tastes. Cockroaches are a good food, except you dont know if they've been exposed to insecticides. What you can do is catch and wait to see if they die (quarantine) before feeding, or search for an lfs that sells. Dont think many do, roaches give off a stink.
Old 19-04-2007, 09:57 AM   #3
yonlada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Aros really have different tastes. Cockroaches are a good food, except you dont know if they've been exposed to insecticides. What you can do is catch and wait to see if they die (quarantine) before feeding, or search for an lfs that sells. Dont think many do, roaches give off a stink.
agreed on that and better to cut offthe legs when feeding
Old 19-04-2007, 11:08 AM   #4
lincolngoh

Siow Liao, I think yr Aro tio tiao on cockroaches... roaches too yummy, some Aros eat already dun want other food.
Old 19-04-2007, 11:10 AM   #5
Aroboy II
AFC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolngoh View Post
Siow Liao, I think yr Aro tio tiao on cockroaches... roaches too yummy, some Aros eat already dun want other food.
Addicted? Centipedes, SuperWorms and Crickets too.
Aroboy II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 11:36 AM   #6
el993

children sold bottle of cockroaches caught from meat stalls Bugis area along Rochor Canal Rd but was 10 yrs ago. May be lfs arround big wet market still selling. Try Bedok 88 bazar.
Old 19-04-2007, 11:43 AM   #7
lincolngoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroboy II View Post
Addicted? Centipedes, SuperWorms and Crickets too.
Ya but centipede, SW and cricket arn't disease ridden
Old 19-04-2007, 12:10 PM   #8
foreverfrontosa
Senior Dragon

Quote:

You can get american roaches from tampines farmway, the uncle that sells crickets/owns the cricket farm. He has brought in these roaches which are not disgusting like the roaches we have here, they do not stink and as a matter of fact, they are very docile, can make a good pet rather than a feeder
foreverfrontosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 12:12 PM   #9
Aroboy II
AFC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolngoh View Post
Ya but centipede, SW and cricket arn't disease ridden
Last time I came across a post from a bro here that Malaysia's gor a farm breeding cockroaches and feed to their aros.
Aroboy II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 12:13 PM   #10
gtohow
Endangered Dragon

Quote:

just becareful.. i got pretty bad experience w outside cockroaches.
u better stop feeding ur aro for a time being.. and change back to others
gtohow is offline   Reply With Quote