Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 26-01-2005, 11:40 PM   #1
vincenttan1976

Default How to tune Tom surface skimmer

Hi,
I have just bought a Tom surface skimmer with a 1000LPH powerhead. No matter how i tune, doesnt seem to be correct leh, after 2 hours, my water surface still got many dirts....Can someone help me?? thanks
Old 27-01-2005, 12:00 AM   #2
BarraCuda™
SiaoGu Gives You Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenttan1976
Hi,
I have just bought a Tom surface skimmer with a 1000LPH powerhead. No matter how i tune, doesnt seem to be correct leh, after 2 hours, my water surface still got many dirts....Can someone help me?? thanks
make sure that there is some air trapped underneath the cup, adjust the water intake so that only the teeth is exposed above water line.
BarraCuda™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 12:07 PM   #3
Maculosus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenttan1976
Hi,
How do u install the surface skimmmer with powerhead? And then to where? It is supposed to work in conjunction with a cannister filter as well. Maybe u have some wrong connection. U shld connect the surface skimmer to the inlet hose of the cannister filter.

Like what BarraCuda said, make sure skimmer cup has air trapped underneath and it is floating. There is a vertical "adjustable rod" that will move up/down if u rotate it. Adjust this thing until u can actually see water been skimmed.