Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 14-09-2015, 12:37 AM   #41
Ong88

Prof SK Ong

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenghan View Post
One of the many reasons I wanted to see more Opposition is the check they can provide especially in our MSM.
It is full of pro-PAP propaganda and will spare no effort to promote them and at the same breath HIGHLIGHT the "ugly" side of those not in sync with them.
Of course I would not like to see radical unsubstantiated news, but at least a non-partisan reporting from reporters who DO NOT FEAR if there are truths and that we Singaporeans should be made known, instead of only news the govt wants us to believe.
The silent majority voted in pap :

Eugene Tan had another perspective — fear.

“Social media probably did PAP a favour because they were just pointing to a massive defeat for the PAP.

“That probably galvanised the middle-ground voters.

Social media did PAP a favour | The New Paper - http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-new...ime=1442120775

Just because it's a bad idea doesn't mean it won't be a good time.
Use imgur for your photos sharing
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.imgur.mobile
Ong88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2015, 12:42 AM   #42
Ong88

Prof SK Ong

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan View Post
Why are PAP voters so shy to speak their mind abt their reasons for voting PAP ?
Apparently, 70% voted PAP so the demographics, even at AF, should be at least near the percentage.

So why are they afraid to say I support PAP ?

1. I support PAP because I love Lee Hsien Loong ?

2. I voted PAP otherwise social stability will become chaotic ?

3. I voted PAP because WP is dishonest ?

4. I voted PAP because everyone loves a winner and I know PAP will win

5. I voted PAP because they have many Generals from the army ?
I would have voted pap if i had pink ic because I distrust chee.
If no chee in sdp team i would hv voted sdp.

Chee is a demagogue with psychology expertise.
He will hypnotise the electorate.

With his suspect character i will vote to ensure he doesn't usurp the leadership of any future coalition government.
Don't forget Chiam See Tong, ever.

Old 14-09-2015, 12:59 AM   #43
denberg
User Under Moderation

A very sad story for us. Haish.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
denberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2015, 01:07 AM   #44
tco
Dragon

I'm the 30%, I want an alternate voice in parliament. I spoke to friends n colleagues age range frm 30 to 40 plus, they voted for pap, why? Bcos they bo chap, they not aware of most policies , they dun bother to find out how these policies affect them... They dun know how 6.9 m population white paper will affect them, only know now a days getting more ppl frm India n pinoy around. Dun know what is ceca agreement, spu fake degree saga... They only know what TV n news paper published. So by default, vote pap.... Sad hard truth.
tco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2015, 01:17 AM   #45
boyx2
seeginna

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAO LUO View Post
your place got 3 leh ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
the other worst , before ge no heard before
boyx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2015, 01:18 AM   #46
Ong88

Prof SK Ong

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyx2 View Post
i vote pap because my opp is HHH
N.i was looking forward to meeting her every week to tell her my problems.

Old 14-09-2015, 01:22 AM   #47
boyx2
seeginna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ong88 View Post
N.i was looking forward to meeting her every week to tell her my problems.
u can, fb her , give her free consultation
boyx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2015, 02:32 AM   #48
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

We are being labelled as a hopeless bunch just because we choose a different party.
Whatever reasons/views this hopeless bunch voices, do you think will be accepted ?
We have the same dream of getting/making a better government just as you.
The only different is that we have different views and believes in the party.
Honestly we respect your decision if you are choosing the opp but it seems that we are never been treated the same way in return.
Ever ask why is that so? Is it because to you, we don't deserve to be respected as long as we choose to be white?

I choose PAP because

A. whenever I look at our surrounding countries, I feel proud to be a Singaporean.
I am glad that despite all challenges along the way, we make it this far and we celebrated SG50 under PAP, not the Opp. S
o I will like to give them another 5 years to serve us.

B. I feel that current PAP under LHL, unlike his dad LKY, he knows he needs to change and he is willing to change.
He needs to listen to his people and he heard our voices.
I see the changes he had made and I believe he will continue to make changes to his existing policy for the things that dont turn up as expected.
I rather him to change to adapt to the situations than questioning why he keeps changing his policies, if there is a need.

C. Most of my friends around me are living a comfortable life. Most of us have a hard time during our youth.
But as long as we work hard, most of us make it through.
Only the 1 or 2 that kept borrowing around, they are having a wrong attitude to life and work. Who to blame?

I have voiced out my resaons for choosing PAP, but could be a hopeless one in your view. Just no bashing if is so
ThomasLim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2015, 02:40 AM   #49
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLim View Post
We are being labelled as a hopeless bunch just because we choose a different party.
Whatever reasons/views this hopeless bunch voices, do you think will be accepted ?
We have the same dream of getting/making a better government just as you.
who is the you in your quote ?

who bash you ?

didn't I put it across very clearly in this thread starting post no bashing ?

even when Roy posted Chee Bye Bye, I edited it .........

If u have a pre-conceived idea on how things work here in AF, then I am sorry for you

In here, I have said for the longest time.
Everyone is entitled to his opinion. Just no personal attacks. Diversity is embraced. Divisiveness is not.
jwhtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2015, 04:34 AM   #50
byfun
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan View Post
Why are PAP voters so shy to speak their mind abt their reasons for voting PAP ?
Apparently, 70% voted PAP so the demographics, even at AF, should be at least near the percentage.
I think PAP hardcore supporters stand at 35-40%. Same as opposition also have hardcore supporters of 30%.

So neutral voters make up about 30% which usually swing their votes each election. Out of these 30% i believe about 10% is bo chap voters. Meaning they dont wanna care about politics, come election they just vote pap because thats the gov and only party they know.

Diehard supporters of PAP can quote many good reasons why PAP is good. Stable and safe country and most get jobs. But if opposition supporters raise those controversial questions regarding gov, they know they can't answer or rebutt it convincingly.

I think thats also the main reason they are less vocal least they get bombarded online with more questions instead.

Maybe they feel they are doing well or benefits from this system so they are ready to compromise on things which they term as necessary evils in politics.

PAP is doing well but why can't we push or enforce them to be great ? Our country can improve further in term of governance why not ? Maybe they believe in so called self check by PAP.

Every listed company need external auditors and even independent directors on board yet many still can do monkey business behind.

A country is much bigger and more complex yet it is self checked by the own ruling party ? Does it make any sense or logic in first place ? Seriously i doubt even hardcore PAP will believe this but they just close one eye on it and look at so call big picture.

The big picture they never consider is those are exactly big ticket items that really need to be scrutinise and really accounted for.
byfun is offline   Reply With Quote