Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Closed Thread

Old 16-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #31
sachin dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMind View Post
Maybe not. The Rivervale Plaza issue should be a sore issue with many residents.
yup - i oso say the rivervale plaza saga may have some effect on the votings..this is a major area of concern..a lot of disgruntled ppl arnd..

anyways -during the last ge - i went for the wp rally for pe smc - it was raining but the atmosphere was electrifying..waiting for the raliies again!!!

Old 16-01-2013, 04:40 PM   #32
satan_gal
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfish View Post
my feel is that PAP will increase their margin, almost touching 60%. WP will drop to 38% - 39%, SDA will drop to 500 plus votes and KJ will struggle to get 100 votes.

there will be some backlash against the backlash after the last GE.
I think the Rivervale Plaza is a very, very sore point..

Residents and the shop owners are getting screwed while the MP was screwing ard.

I used to go the Wet mkt there, and the value shops there

Den reno started.. and the whole place is in a mess, hard to navigate, raining days worst.
Old 16-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #33
DarkMind

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin dev View Post
yup - i oso say the rivervale plaza saga may have some effect on the votings..this is a major area of concern..a lot of disgruntled ppl arnd..

anyways -during the last ge - i went for the wp rally for pe smc - it was raining but the atmosphere was electrifying..waiting for the raliies again!!!
Personally, my gut feel is that, logically if it were just a straight fight between WP and PAP, there is a good chance for WP to win.

Reasons:
- if going by the results of the last GE (2011), a mere 5% (correct me if I am wrong) of votes separate the 2 candidates (this means, if I am not wrong, it just takes more than 2.5% of voters to change their minds, assuming the rest of the electorate votes the same way.
- Rivervale Plaza construction issue may lead the residents to vote against PAP (since I read somewhere that Dr Koh has tried to blackmail the residents by withholding the Rivervale Plaza project if residents don't vote for PAP, it is likely to anger the residents further)
- Michael Palmer incident (some residents might feel shortchanged by this)
- the mood of the electorate after GE 2011 (it seems that PAP has not sincerely apologized as there has been no effective changes or improvements in the way the PAP government has run Singapore --- whether in rising cost, expensive public housing, medical care costs, public transport breakdowns and so on; those more politically aware might vote against the PAP this time because of this; those willing to give PAP a chance might now be convinced that PAP has not been sincere all along, and thus this group of people will vote against PAP this time)

However, now that there are 2 other parties in the contest, perhaps it won't be so easy to predict the outcome as some advantage has been returned to PAP.

Note: I have been to Rivervale Plaza. That place really gives people a sad feeling of being let down or abandoned.

Last edited by DarkMind; 16-01-2013 at 04:46 PM.

Old 16-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #34
dave6238
Endangered Dragon

Too early to do any prediction..... now waiting for the rallies to start.... if wp touched on the right issues during their rally, an upset in the result can happen......
Old 16-01-2013, 04:46 PM   #35
KAO LUO
Endangered Dragon

ha PAP doctor only can hlep sick ppl ....... cannot help Rivervale plaze .....ha !!
Old 16-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #36
KAO LUO
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave6238 View Post
Too early to do any prediction..... now waiting for the rallies to start.... if wp touched on the right issues during their rally, an upset in the result can happen......
ha ,, so we go there support bo ????
Old 16-01-2013, 04:48 PM   #37
dave6238
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAO LUO View Post
My Prediction:

PAP --- 46%
RP --- 1%
SDA --- 2%
WP --- 51%
hahahhahahahah
Today's 4d u buy 4651 sibo? 1 big 2 small?
Old 16-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #38
dave6238
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAO LUO View Post
ha ,, so we go there support bo ????
sure go n support wan lah..... meet at 684 n all go in 1 car........
Old 16-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #39
smellyfish
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_gal View Post
I think the Rivervale Plaza is a very, very sore point..

Residents and the shop owners are getting screwed while the MP was screwing ard.

I used to go the Wet mkt there, and the value shops there

Den reno started.. and the whole place is in a mess, hard to navigate, raining days worst.
i supposed it will be made clear to the residents of PGE that if they dont vote PAP in, they can all go there and repent for the next 3-4 yrs...
Old 16-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #40
KAO LUO
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave6238 View Post
Today's 4d u buy 4651 sibo? 1 big 2 small?
hahahha ,,can try bo ??
Closed Thread