Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 03:12 PM   #31
Kalimantan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppies Onli View Post
Someone from dunno what party said "For example, if there is a stall which sells chilli crabs, and it's well-known, no matter where the stall is located, people will flock to the stall to eat."

"So, if you have a good candidate and a good party, people will vote for that."

I'm thinking for poor people like me, I'm more concern about food that is cheap and can fill the family's stomach and not chilli crab. How to vote for ppl that think of luxury food instead of necessity food? These ppl will not understand the poor ppl and may mistaken that we need to eat chilli crab daily...
If you are in arofanatics forum, it means you are well-to-do. So please do not give the impression that you are very poor. Poor people do not have $ to surf the internet and "so-free" to put comments/opinions/chats.

Poor people will try to make a living 24 x 7.

Old 06-03-2011, 05:15 PM   #32
Guppies Onli
Dragon

poor is a comparison term ; like i am poorer than u. there is no absolute measure of it. also internet is needed by students nowadays even in pri sch, n is not a measure of one's wealth.

freeness can be jobless, retired or taking a break - is also not used as a measurement unit.

so in future if anyone wish to ask for donation, they should know who to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalimantan View Post
If you are in arofanatics forum, it means you are well-to-do. So please do not give the impression that you are very poor. Poor people do not have $ to surf the internet and "so-free" to put comments/opinions/chats.

Poor people will try to make a living 24 x 7.

Last edited by Guppies Onli; 06-03-2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:18 AM   #33
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalimantan View Post
Agrees that we can't be too worst off (poor) to be sitting here commenting/ranting/chatting away. We are just, less comfortable than what we WANT, which doesn't equal to being poor.

Quote:
poor is a comparison term ; like i am poorer than u.
So like Barney like to remarked "my father is smarter than yours". When will a comparison end? You poorer than me, I poorer than him, he poorer than another. Than even Singapore's Ng Teng Fong (deceased) is a POOR MAN, he is afterall not the richest man on earth.

Why that pessismistic comparison? HAIZ!!! But thank you for making me feel rich. I don't complaint about being poor at least.

Last edited by globalcookie; 07-03-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:36 AM   #34
Guppies Onli
Dragon

Don't just pick on a sentence, look at the whole para. I'm saying I'm not as rich as to bother where they sell the best chilli crab cause filling the stomach with staple food is more important than that.

Juz like that party like to use this chilli crab example that people (citizen) will go all the way out to look for best chilli crab, I dispute this fact that people (not rich people rather poorer ppl like me) will be more interested in staple food available everywhere.

BTW, a person commenting/ranting/chatting away does not mean anything as a measurement pls. Anyone chatting away in the office means that he/she has no work to do or finished his/her work fast???

Also it's not a pessismistic comparison, but to remind that party that there are still many not wealthy ppl around that ain't interested in where they sell the best chilli crab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
Agrees that we can't be too worst off (poor) to be sitting here commenting/ranting/chatting away. We are just, less comfortable than what we WANT, which doesn't equal to being poor.

So like Barney like to remarked "my father is smarter than yours". When will a comparison end? You poorer than me, I poorer than him, he poorer than another. Than even Singapore's Ng Teng Fong (deceased) is a POOR MAN, he is afterall not the richest man on earth.

Why that pessismistic comparison? HAIZ!!! But thank you for making me feel rich. I don't complaint about being poor at least.

Last edited by Guppies Onli; 07-03-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:45 AM   #35
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Don't just pick on a sentence, look at the whole para. I'm saying I'm not as rich as to bother where they sell the best chilli crab cause filling the stomach with staple food is more important than that.
I was commenting to your Post (#32).

My comments were when you said "poor is a comparison term ; like i am poorer than u. there is no absolute measure of it", not on chilli crab.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:50 AM   #36
Guppies Onli
Dragon

OKOK you didn't quote which chapter, and section, etc...mah

Quote:
I was commenting to your Post (#32).

My comments were when you said "poor is a comparison term ; like i am poorer than u. there is no absolute measure of it", not on chilli crab.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:53 AM   #37
globalcookie
Dragon

Have la... you read back above, you can see i only quoted that line you said in #32.

Personally, I don't compare and make myself look poor. Maybe I'm more optimistic about life. I don't say, "Sway" even when e going isn't smooth, or whatn things happened. I only think "thank goodness.... it could have been worst".
Old 07-03-2011, 11:02 AM   #38
Guppies Onli
Dragon

I always said "Sway ah, didn't strike TOTO". BTW I'm don't belong to any party, save your bullets for them.

Last edited by Guppies Onli; 07-03-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:52 PM   #39
DinOBeeR
Arofanatic

Quote:
Have la... you read back above, you can see i only quoted that line you said in #32.

Personally, I don't compare and make myself look poor. Maybe I'm more optimistic about life. I don't say, "Sway" even when e going isn't smooth, or whatn things happened. I only think "thank goodness.... it could have been worst".
i like your optimistic thinking...

"thanks goodness, it could hv been worst"...
Old 07-03-2011, 01:35 PM   #40
globalcookie
Dragon

Election promises for Sembawang GRC
By Shivali Nayak, Multimedia Journalist, RazorTV

HEALTH Minister and Advisor to Sembawang GRC Khaw Boon Wan outlined some of his future plans for the new Sembawang GRC, should he be fielded in that constituency in the upcoming General Elections due by February 2012.

He said: 'The Home Improvement Programme (HIP) will be a big programme for the whole of Singapore, for old estates, particularly say Yishun and Marsiling. Sembawang Park needs to be refreshed and we will do that. Cycling tracks need to be added as there are a lot of cyclists in the North.'

He was on a community visit where he met residents around Woodlands Street 31 and Woodlands Neighbourhood 3 Town Centre on Sunday. He was joined by fellow Sembawang MPs Hawazi Daipi, Dr Maliki Osman and Ellen Lee.

Two new faces were also spotted at the walkabout: 32-year-old laywer Vikram Nair and 34-year-old commodities trader Ong Teng Koon.

However, Mr Khaw remained tight-lipped about who will be contesting in Sembawang and Nee Soon GRCs, saying it will only be announced on Nomination Day.
---------------
Election time than make promises when they had the whole term to do before GE.

Last edited by globalcookie; 07-03-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Closed Thread