Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 11-01-2011, 07:50 AM   #11
richardg
Arofanatic

also heard comments that the food court cleaners at compasspoint are super senior citizens who could hardly move around...
richardg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:09 AM   #12
Enoran

I couldn't disagree with the fact that foreign talents are needed but the rather open policy are creating intense job competition as well as depressing wages.

Coupled with the rising standard of living in Sin City due to GDP growth, the standard of living for the avg Singaporeans (not the rich and famous) could not keep up. The unfortunate ones would have to work till they drop to make ends meet.

When you (esp. the non-chinese) go to your neighborhood stores and have some communication issues with the store attendants, something must be wrong. Its your country and you have issue communicating with others !!
Old 11-01-2011, 09:41 AM   #13
dinotoh

what to do? when u want to pay money, u want it cheap. when u want to be paid, u want it expensive...

the world has changed, your reward is not straightly tie with your contribution anymore...

and it will be getting worse and worse...
Old 11-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #14
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardg View Post
also heard comments that the food court cleaners at compasspoint are super senior citizens who could hardly move around...
What to do...they still need to eat right.... ask Vivian Bala how much can he give la....
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:20 AM   #15
RaCe
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardg View Post
actually, if u see it on the old folk's point of view, this is a good thing. they actually can get a job. when we go food court makan, just dun expect too much out of them.

I'm a hawker myself in a foodcourt, n I've seen ppl ordering these old folks as if they r some kind of slaves! I've even seen an early thirties lady, sitting at her table, n trying to order 1 of the llc cleaners working at my food court to order n serve her food!
RaCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:55 AM   #16
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One View Post
I seriously hope that the government will reduce the number of foreigners in Singapore and build policies to boost population and happiness of locals and foreigners alike.
Issue COE for foreigners!

Build policies? The gov doesn't really care, else they would be looking at more ways to help locals to have more childrens. What's a few thousands of dollars in baby bonus when many knows having a child is not about thousands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One View Post
This leads me to think of 2 possibilties,it's either
no.1 ,the policy makers are really living in their ivory towers and losing touch on what's happening on the ground or

no.2 they know what's happening but chose to ignore it due to some hidden agenda
Not surprising... that's exactly what's gg on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkh View Post
What to do...they still need to eat right.... ask Vivian Bala how much can he give la....
Maybe he'll reply, what can you do for him

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaCe View Post
I'm a hawker myself in a foodcourt, n I've seen ppl ordering these old folks as if they r some kind of slaves!
These are the people who just reflects very poorly of their education and grace.

Service people are there to do what they are paid to do. They are not paid to be insulted or abused. Just remember to be polite to them as that'll make their day a good one.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:18 AM   #17
yeobt
Arofanatic

IMO, to bring in more FT or PR or new citizen is to increase population.
with higher population, it means more movement and activities thus create
a surge of spending. all in the price of singaporeans.
yeobt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #18
rosle atin
Endangered Dragon

we have to work until at least 75 to feed ourself .... and to think we are one of the richest countries in the world
rosle atin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:25 AM   #19
aroc719
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosle atin View Post
we have to work until at least 75 to feed ourself .... and to think we are one of the richest countries in the world
Most expensive equates richest arr??

Hmm... maybe, maybe...
aroc719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #20
Ah_ZhaN
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeobt View Post
IMO, to bring in more FT or PR or new citizen is to increase population.
with higher population, it means more movement and activities thus create
a surge of spending. all in the price of singaporeans.
One of the main reasons to import FTs is to boost the economy of Singapore entirely...

but to me, it's just like taking steroids, there will be adverse side effects.
Ah_ZhaN is offline   Reply With Quote