Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 06-12-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
Aris
Arofanatic

Default Singapore needs trust to overcome challenges: PM

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_741721.html

Published on Dec 6, 2011

By Cai Haoxiang

What holds Singapore together is trust between the Government, unions and employers, said Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong at a gathering of union leaders on Tuesday morning.

He said this trust is especially important for Singapore to overcome difficult challenges in the uncertain global environment ahead.

The best way to approach difficult decisions in the future is for workers, employers and the Government to be 'honest with one another, understand one another's concerns, and have trust and confidence in each other,' said Mr Lee.

Trust is 'not just a competitive advantage, but a core value that holds Singapore together,' he added. 'Singapore must preserve this trust at all costs. It is our intangible national treasure, built up through our young history, and one of the most valuable things to pass on to our future generations,' he said.

For 50 years we have trusted the PAP but what did we get in return? I think we have been thrusted well and good by the PAP. All this talk about one big happy family is pure bull and I believe Singaporeans have woken up finally.

What happened to the promise of reducing their salaries, it has taken them more than 6 months and still there is no news?

Taxi fares just increase which will lead to another round of increases in everything else as usual. Who makes the money from this increase? Comfort and Delgro and all the taxi operators, right?
Aris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:54 PM   #2
dzylim
Arofanatic

@ what the PM said.

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

laugh die me ar!
dzylim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:57 PM   #3
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aris View Post
The best way to approach difficult decisions in the future is for workers, employers and the Government to be 'honest with one another, understand one another's concerns, and have trust and confidence in each other,' said Mr Lee.

For 50 years we have trusted the PAP but what did we get in return? I think we have been thrusted well and good by the PAP. All this talk about one big happy family is pure bull and I believe Singaporeans have woken up finally.

What happened to the promise of reducing their salaries, it has taken them more than 6 months and still there is no news?

Taxi fares just increase which will lead to another round of increases in everything else as usual. Who makes the money from this increase? Comfort and Delgro and all the taxi operators, right?
Honesty is up to them to say....but obedience is what they actually want from us....
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:45 PM   #4
loveikan
Arofanatic

Singapore needs trust to overcome challenges: PM

It gives me the shudders to hear or see the word "Trust" in a statement as above.
loveikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:50 PM   #5
Spakase

To gain trust, I thought easiest way is reduce the M salaries by 90%. They still get a reasonable salary. But no need to pay back the past rip offs.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:01 PM   #6
sloke

"Trust" is a huge word to use and it must works in both way..
Old 06-12-2011, 11:20 PM   #7
Aris
Arofanatic

Well, let us see what is just coming soon with the Eurozone in a mess and other countries like Canada, Japan and even China who will not be spared. Can our paper generals and their cronies prove themselves to be good enough to handle the situation? I fear the worse.
Aris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:25 PM   #8
therat
Arofanatic

SOmeone wrote this comment.
I like it

"Trust is not something you can take for granted. Painstakingly built up over the years, it can be easily squandered and it would take a long time to rebuild that trust again."
therat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:50 AM   #9
dzylim
Arofanatic

yeah. i trust him.

trust him to come up with that sentence!
dzylim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:26 PM   #10
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spakase View Post
To gain trust, I thought easiest way is reduce the M salaries by 90%. They still get a reasonable salary. But no need to pay back the past rip offs.
But but... some big MIW said, you need to pay them well to prevent corruption. Take 90% of their salaries, how to trust, b'cos these pple will very likely, 'tao jiak'
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote