Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 25-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #11
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBTG View Post
I just want a mp to agree with common people perception not for the sake of voice out for people but don agree .
My perception of that WKS issue was:

1. He was right to keep quiet.. it is as good as telling the Prime Minister, the head of government, "Don't you know what you should really do to account to the people?????" And show him a, "I Don't Know What To Say" look to him.

2. If he had said "Yes", he is gg to have it hard and nasty. It could have been, "So you mean you can do a better job than WKS?" or "So you are telling me what to do? Who the hell do you think you are, LOWly"?

3. If he had said "No", he is finished, he failed the people.

As the Prime Minister, he had FAILED US SINGAPOREANS when he refused to do what is appropriate, by getting WKS out of office as an accountability. By failing, by being unaccountable, I lost all respect for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spakase View Post
how thick skinned the greedy ones can be. Or hypocritical.
It's part of their traning, the conversion course.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 02:24 AM   #12
LedZepp
Dragon

Seriously I think people at the top are losing the ground feel.

Is it because they have never been "grounded" or is this the product of our elitist education system? I sometimes wonder.....God Bless our beloved country.
LedZepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:01 PM   #13
Spakase

I think many were concerned with "making money", turning garment into a business. Conservancy costs used to be low, now all raised sky high for "subsidised" housing, because services are "outsourced"? Now at least, there is some recognition that people are becoming fed up with this garment. And they are talking about bringing in hawker centers. But it being handled by that bala shark, I am afraid may have an agenda that is not so citizen friendly.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:40 AM   #14
stargazer
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorKoi View Post
Mr Low is a very wise politician, he got to weigh the repercussions before he speaks publicly esp in parliament. He is already considered the most outspoken one among all the rest.
Low is waiting for more support at Parliament. Now, he has, with the likes of Chen SM! Go Utube watch Chen's impressive maiden par speech!
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:54 AM   #15
globalcookie
Dragon

Even with a bigger team behind LTK, I guess he would react similarly if the same question were thrown at him. 6 out of 87, it is still rather risky to give that answer many wish he delivered. It was a calculated move.

I wouldn't know how to react if I'm in such a position. But LTK is one who is collected, keeps his composure, accumulated and deliver one nice response to shut them off.
Old 29-11-2011, 07:43 PM   #16
FishyAmazon

The choice of words and putting across messages is what differentiates LTK and Chee. Although i must admit Chee got loads of guts and sometime i can't help but see some of the things his party is doing like the pay review for ministers that is going to be publish - yes, at this time. A cleverly planned agenda from SDP.
Old 30-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #17
globalcookie
Dragon

Dr Chee's problems was, he was too reckless in his speech despite knowing the consequence. He was 'too righteous' in his view of democracy, which is flawed. This year, this GE, he seems to have matured a lot, he seems to speak carefully, speak lesser.

I hope to see him in the next GE, I hope the pple in the ward he contest in, believes in him. But I hope he won't be as foolish as NSP, field their best candidates in various GRC (scattered the power base is stupid stupid stupid!!!)

Last edited by globalcookie; 30-11-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:35 AM   #18
Spakase

Whilst many don like many things, still we need to be cautious in embracing anyone who speaks out, we gotta to know what they are speaking up against, why, what they stand for. If given power, would things change for the better? It's easy to criticise and make an issue of practically everything but another thing to carry through plans to make our lives better.

A confrontational approach is very dangerous, not sure if we all ready for it, so far LTK and CSM seems to be very moderate and measured with their views so these guys ok, I don know about others. Gutsiness may upset the apple cart, those gunning for opp have better know this, it immediately switches off support. And Opp better know their stuff, not talk all kinds of nonsense we got too much of that, their complains do not make them better, the only reason why Aljunied triumph is because they are reasonable and measured. SDP failed because they went all out in criticisms but they couldn't convince they can do a better job. Sg are smart voters, they can tell noise from hardwork.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:50 AM   #19
Spakase

BTW, I see LSS no up, oso don understand why he still around given he tok so many things make many people angry. It's not the big mouth, it's the heart.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:16 AM   #20
widjajas
Dragon

Loss of words = "I dunno what to say"

how come same pattern one?
widjajas is offline   Reply With Quote