Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Product Reviews

Old 29-01-2005, 08:59 PM   #31
roidan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nim75sg
Yes .. tried a lower cost unit like the Resun FBF but it didn't perform to my expectation especially replacing the media is a pain in the neck, hands and ....
yup..other than the capacity per dollar...ease of use like you have mentioned can separate one from the other...

some may endure the maintenance pain to settle for cheaper units whereas some with more budget can go for more expensive units that are easier to maintain, or other intangible qualities like looking good
Old 29-01-2005, 10:27 PM   #32
nim75sg

Mine unit is perfect and has no scratches as I am more delicate in handling ie like a chaboa
Old 30-01-2005, 02:05 AM   #33
devilfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidan
but so fast genna wear and tear marks... the material itself doesn't look very strong...seems like the kind of plastic that would crack easily when dropped...especially the blue colour plastic portions...

whereas acrylic is a stronger material if quality of materials is of discussion here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky
but so fast genna wear and tear marks... the material itself doesn't look very strong...seems like the kind of plastic that would crack easily when dropped...especially the blue colour plastic portions...
tat was y the question is being raised n not yet being enlighten..quality-which sort of quality? dun confuse quality wif performance.
Old 30-01-2005, 02:51 PM   #34
spsman

Default ok, since this is my thread, my reply is as follows

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidan
yeap...at least it shows that acroporidae really ordered his unit from overseas

whereas acrylic is a stronger material if quality of materials is of discussion here..

but of cos we do not know for sure how strong the plastic is compared to acrylic that other units use unless we send it for Vickers Hardness testing or Rockwell hardness testing.
Roidan,
1) the scratch was due to my carelessness, as i dropped it at the carpark while showing a friend. dun need to ask me how i dropped it. cos i dunno how to measure the angle of incidence/ impact.... etc.

2) acroporidae is my gd friend since secondary school.

3) plastic test suggestion is good and can be forwarded to Rainbow Lifeguard company that is if they bother to answer u.

Devilfire,
1) It is very rude of u to circle my pics becos those are my pics. how would u like it if i circle your beckett or ca reactor

2) this thread is my review of a FBF which i would like to test and share the results. and the initial impression of the set was good.

3) lastly, quality is an expression by itself. i have not even run the set for 4 weeks, how do u expect me to talk abt performance?

Dear all,
please dun be dishearten by all these comments. i will still share my findings later. and please keep my thread clean and to the point.

thks

This is my thread.
Old 30-01-2005, 05:14 PM   #35
bonjour2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spsman
Roidan,
1) the scratch was due to my carelessness, as i dropped it at the carpark while showing a friend. dun need to ask me how i dropped it. cos i dunno how to measure the angle of incidence/ impact.... etc.

2) acroporidae is my gd friend since secondary school.

3) plastic test suggestion is good and can be forwarded to Rainbow Lifeguard company that is if they bother to answer u.

Devilfire,
1) It is very rude of u to circle my pics becos those are my pics. how would u like it if i circle your beckett or ca reactor

2) this thread is my review of a FBF which i would like to test and share the results. and the initial impression of the set was good.

3) lastly, quality is an expression by itself. i have not even run the set for 4 weeks, how do u expect me to talk abt performance?

Dear all,
please dun be dishearten by all these comments. i will still share my findings later. and please keep my thread clean and to the point.

thks

This is my thread.

Hi spsman , don think devilfire has any intention to be rude at all. If i am curious abt certain portion and do not know how i want to bring it to yr attention, i would have simply circled the parts in the photo and question. In a forum as open as such , one have to be prepared for question and answer session the moment a comment is made here, this is normal ,aren't it , juz like the straits time forum?
Am glad that you are willing to take photos and time to explain the product u got rather, so do continue to update us .
Old 30-01-2005, 05:43 PM   #36
spsman

Default tests

i shall be testing the no2 reading of my tank. The nitrification process is the basic concept of the fbf. Thus reading no2 would be appropriate as a measurement of its performance.

The important point is it has a water fall device which supplies oxygen to the bacteria.

please read this link for an understanding on how the FBF works.
http://www.aquatichouse.com/FILTRATION%20MENU_files/Rainbow.asp

Actually if u check the net, Rainbow lifeguard makes automatic sanitizers for swimming pools too.

check these out:
http://www.pentairaquatics.com/

and

http://www.pentairaquatics.com/produ...uaculture.html

happy reading folks.
Old 30-01-2005, 08:02 PM   #37
Maculosus

Pentair Aquatics seems to be a large aquatic equipment company, but I could not fiind any filters for denitrification process under its brand....isn't Nitrate an issue with many aquariums? Hopefully more companies can come up with Denitrators that are not too expensive.

This is the 1st time that I hear a NO2 problem, it should not reappear in the aquarium after a cycled process.
Old 30-01-2005, 09:20 PM   #38
devilfire

Quote:
thks bonjour, i think its clear enuff.. even before i can begin to explain the pdt, i was aldy bombed. .
i think it's b cos maybe u had said something which u shdnt.

Quote:
qns like (are u sure u got the unit ....) and dirtying my thread w ( u thinking what i thinking....), i dun suppose these are qns at all. .
i think any primary 1 student is able 2 tell tat a statement tat ends wif a question mark is a question.

Quote:
I am being kind to share this pdt..... and i share whatever i know..... .
i believe so, u r great!

Quote:
U see, in a healthy forum we should concentrate on being able to contribute. This is a hobby afterall, why have so many problems???
everyone agrees, i believe. but when 1 is "over-reviewing" a product, missiles will start firing.
Old 30-01-2005, 09:41 PM   #39
spsman

Default hi there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maculosus
Pentair Aquatics seems to be a large aquatic equipment company, but I could not fiind any filters for denitrification process under its brand....isn't Nitrate an issue with many aquariums? Hopefully more companies can come up with Denitrators that are not too expensive.

This is the 1st time that I hear a NO2 problem, it should not reappear in the aquarium after a cycled process.
read carefuly. n u will know why i measure no2 instead. cheerz.
Old 30-01-2005, 10:04 PM   #40
spsman

Default hi mac

Quote:
read carefuly. n u will know why i measure no2 instead. cheerz.
the process is actually called nitrification.
some co. call their pdts de-nitrator or nitrate reductor.
i also dunno why they dun have these equipment. but i guess their range is wide lor.

anyway, happy exploring. check their bulkheads too.