Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Product Reviews

Old 29-01-2005, 05:07 PM   #21
spsman

Default thks nicky

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky30092002
getting complicated, let spsman finish lah .. whats so special abt this FBF (regardless he actually ordered online overseas or bought a used unit from Kao****)

there is this point sys on trial .. suggest everyone talk sensibly and truth ..
thats a fresh breath of air for me.
Old 29-01-2005, 05:14 PM   #22
spsman

Default forgot to add

Quote:
Originally Posted by spsman
as posted by nitro u can call the guy if u want. but i sufggest u get a brnad new one if intd. pretty affordable via the websites. do a search fo the price, the shipping is the costly part. some sites provide cheap shipping but the reactor cost slightly more.
some others vis versa.

u gotta decide for yourself.

monster, u need a paypal account to order online, hope this helps. cheerz bro
Old 29-01-2005, 05:25 PM   #23
devilfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky30092002
(regardless he actually ordered online overseas or bought a used unit from Kao****)
as far as i'm concerned, tat was not my pt.
i feel tat when a reefer is doing a review on certain products, he shd not b biased n go all extent 2 condemn other makes. in short, he has 2 b neutral fr his pt of view.
quality? fr which aspect? local products 2 a certain extent, has so much better quality than other commercial ones.
Old 29-01-2005, 06:05 PM   #24
nicky30092002

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilfire
as far as i'm concerned, tat was not my pt.
i feel tat when a reefer is doing a review on certain products, he shd not b biased n go all extent 2 condemn other makes. in short, he has 2 b neutral fr his pt of view.
quality? fr which aspect? local products 2 a certain extent, has so much better quality than other commercial ones.

Agree lah ..

My point is straight fwd whether it does give u (spsman) fresh air or not .. since it is a review, probably not juz a exterior finishing one .. or brand or where it is made from.
it should be like how it perform, why is it better ..

i say my diy fr is the best .. cos it gives me convenient to connect & change media compare to resun ..

So SPSman ball is wif u now .. why u think it is better .. even at used price it cost 60? or new at xx?? a biased review only make one look not smart ..

personally local commerdiy nice lah .. but price X .. imo .. lucky got primaryschoolmate helping me wif new project .. ..
Old 29-01-2005, 07:20 PM   #25
roidan

i better sit back and watch
Old 29-01-2005, 08:13 PM   #26
nim75sg

I would like to clarify the whole situation here as I felt that it is slightly gone out of hand regarding the condition of the Lifegard Fluidized Bed Filter and where it was purchased.

It is just a coincidence that some of us saw a similar unit being sold at SRC by Kao**** and taking the assumption and "mistaken" SPSMan that he bought this used unit from him.

In fact Kao*** unit is still available today if any reefers are interested to buy but I understand from him that he is withdrawing the sale due to a missing elbow joint to the inlet of the unit.

So in short, I am the person who help him to purchase the Lifegard FBF after he saw my setup that I am using this Lifegard FBF for my somewhat high bio-loaded 6ft tank with only 80kg of Live Rocks along with many LS and corals!

Likewise for his PhosBab Reactor too.

Bro SpsMan, borrow your thread here to give my review of this FBF:

1) It allows multiple units to connect together using check valves located at the base of the unit.

2) It comes with a flow control valve in the unit itself unlike others where you have to install in the piping.

3) Adding replacement media is very easy ie pops up the flow control valve straight up and remove. Then pour in the media up to the "media Fill level" indicator on the unit. Install back the flow control valve into the valve chamer and that it.

4) You can also Tee-off to another FR (like Rowa).

Conclusion: It works and would strongly recommend to anyone who want to have a fludizied bed filter that can support upto 1,137 litres of water!

Cons: Have to wait 3 to 4 weeks if you want to buy one
Old 29-01-2005, 08:45 PM   #27
roidan

ok..thanks for clearing up the misunderstanding

so actually SPSman is also acroporidae in here hor....just that the deal between SPSman and Kao**** didn't go through

actually there are lots of other brands of fluidised reactors already available in singapore, either local DIYs or made overseas. no need to wait so long for a similarly working product

As long as the basic principle of the media is *fluidising*, it is more or less just a matter of which gives you more fluidising capacity per dollar
Old 29-01-2005, 08:50 PM   #28
nim75sg

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidan
ok..thanks for clearing up the misunderstanding

so actually SPSman is also acroporidae in here hor....just that the deal between SPSman and Kao**** didn't go through
It was not SPSMan but actually me who met with Kao*** as I wanted to puchase a 2nd unit but discovered the missing part.

Aplogized for the misunderstanding here ....
Old 29-01-2005, 08:53 PM   #29
nim75sg

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidan
As long as the basic principle of the media is *fluidising*, it is more or less just a matter of which gives you more fluidising capacity per dollar
Yes .. tried a lower cost unit like the Resun FBF but it didn't perform to my expectation especially replacing the media is a pain in the neck, hands and ....
Old 29-01-2005, 08:57 PM   #30
roidan

yeap...at least it shows that acroporidae really ordered his unit from overseas

but so fast genna wear and tear marks... the material itself doesn't look very strong...seems like the kind of plastic that would crack easily when dropped...especially the blue colour plastic portions...

whereas acrylic is a stronger material if quality of materials is of discussion here..

but of cos we do not know for sure how strong the plastic is compared to acrylic that other units use unless we send it for Vickers Hardness testing or Rockwell hardness testing.