Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Product Reviews

Old 15-04-2005, 09:38 AM   #11
Guppies Onli
Dragon

Any idea how much is the 2ft one?
Guppies Onli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2005, 01:20 PM   #12
jc85

Do you run activated carbon in your tank? Could it be your tank water getting abit yellow?

Cheers
JC
Old 16-04-2005, 02:13 AM   #13
wlchew

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_donitos
bros, just wondering, how long before you notice that the 20K changed to a slightly less blue than before. I've been running mine for about 6 months and my wife noticed that the color getting a bit yellow. it was so gradual that i didn;t even realize it myself. anhbody had the same experience or am i just imagining it
Well, A typical life-span of FL(including T5) depends on usage is between 6~9mths. I have since changed around 3 tube in 12 mths(2 tank, )...I think will have to change one by one..as it is recommended to not to change all at one-go....a sudden change of intensity may not be too good for coral.

My 2-cents thought.
Old 16-04-2005, 02:55 PM   #14
mr_donitos

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlchew
Well, A typical life-span of FL(including T5) depends on usage is between 6~9mths. I have since changed around 3 tube in 12 mths(2 tank, )...I think will have to change one by one..as it is recommended to not to change all at one-go....a sudden change of intensity may not be too good for coral.

My 2-cents thought.
i see, okey, i guess time to shop around again for tubes

my water not turning yellow, it's the spectrum of the light. cause when my 250W MH is on I don't see the yellowish hue anymore. I only use the T5 to supplement some areas especially the front of the tank.
Old 30-09-2008, 01:04 AM   #15
Oceanus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlchew View Post

My 2-cents thought.
Why dont try checking out LED aquaroum lighting instead.. ? it has 5 times the life span of a noraml flourscent lighting..

you can check on here;

http://www.oceanus-light.com/faq.html