Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 03-12-2015, 11:21 PM   #61
weileong
Arofanatic

Default Any pictures

Hi ,

Any pictures to share for the comp?
weileong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 10:16 AM   #62
Homester
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalline View Post
Kakaka ... Am trying to fill my 9ft lol... But the pcs I send to bkk comp now still in bkk for grooming lol
U win Lor, go see and participate in comp also no post photos or video to share.......

Hahahahaha.
Homester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:22 PM   #63
scorpio88
Arofanatic

Thank you uncle David for the updates.
Congrats uncle Richard for the comp.
Great job
scorpio88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 10:32 AM   #64
kitsilano

AFC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio88 View Post
Thank you uncle David for the updates.
Congrats uncle Richard for the comp.
Great job
Thanks to you for stringing everything together from group booking air tickets, Insurance and getting us a nice apartment. You really help look after 5 old uncles
kitsilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 10:51 AM   #65
kitsilano

AFC Member

I know there are some PL fishes floating around in Sg. Below are some of the winnings of PL fishes and amazingly all from same spawn...

Those that landed in Sg are the repeat breedings and the cross is between a male Dew and Suzuki Kazuo female. Below is the female Suzuki Kazuo used in the breeding....

Just some sharing for those interested in following Thai breedings. Last year the big hype was Dew breedings and in fact this year All Thai 10th Anniversary Show Grand Champion selected by the three Japanese judges is a fish that won Nisai class and is bred by Dew. Dew spawn that created so much hype was a cross between a Sumo male and Ozawa Female.

The recent concluded All Thai Comp, the younger Junior class was mostly dominated by PL fishes and there again, there is a follow through using Dew male fish on a Suzuki Kazuo female. Very interesting and there are some other very good cross using Sumo bloodlines. Btw Sumo base line is Kashino...Sumo literally love and understand Kashino bloodlines...he related that when he was young and just starting ranchu...all he know and play with is Kashino fishes.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:10 AM   #66
dragonhart
Dragon

tks for covering the ATRS David, Congrats to Bro Kit.

tks for spreading the poison.
dragonhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 10:20 AM   #67
AngryMan
Senior Dragon

Hi brother, thanks for sharing the picture.
AngryMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:12 PM   #68
kitsilano

AFC Member

Talking

I will like to do a rough summary of our Sg trip up north to the All Thai 10th Anniversary Ranchu Show and share all the fun time we had visiting farms, eating and just hanging out till wee hours of the evening...frankly not many chances like these kinda trips especially we all have family and work to worry about....so bros we managed to make it...please cherish and looking forward to doing it again this year too.

These are the places we wanted to visit beside the competition....

(1)Hanajima (2)Dew (3)Oom (4)Prapun (5)Golf (6) Navamin (7) Chatuchak Mkt and if possible Attip and Sumo Ranchu.

The day we arrived was the last working day of the month and in Thailand the last working day of the month is payday and everybody is out shopping and eating so all the highway were jammed...haiz never factor in this issue, but a great lesson learned. Anyway we managed to visit Oom, Prapun, Golf and Dew. We missed going to Hanajima and Navamin, but nevertheless we bought some "Bah Kwa" for all of them and it was great to share the "Bah Kwa" amongst the various hosts.

On arrival at airport, Oom was there to pick us up and brougt us to his house to see his fishes. We just hire an additional taxi as there were 6 of us.

I personally been to Oom house a few times and every trip there I get to learn some finer art of ranchu keeping. Oom is a studious ranchu keeper and very patience and willing to share his skills. His direct Master is Master Takahashi whom he visit regularly on his trip to Japan. Oom shared with us the fishes he hope to bring to comp and amongst the group of fishes, there was one that won Grand Champion the very next day at the 10th Anniversary All Thailand Ranchu Competition. I think all of us enjoy visiting Oom and viewing his fishes and sharing and talking ranchu....sad we have to take off and Oom helped hire a van for us to go to our AirBnB lodging. So that was on the Friday when we arrived in Bangkok and after checking into the lodging we walked to the SkyTrain to Pratunam Mall for some "Pig trotters"....rather comical evening and we had a good laugh as we were all dreaming shark fin and abalone
Old 09-01-2016, 11:29 PM   #69
kitsilano

AFC Member

Next morning we were all up very early as we intend to visit quite a few places. 8.30 am the van was already there at our apartment to pick us up and the first place we visited was Prapun at his home. I been to Prapun's shop house where the roof top is his ranchu farm and this is the first time visiting his home......

All I can say is wow!!....Prapun got a lot of ranchu and he is into breeding. I saw his very good grade Ando, Kashino and Suzuki. After enjoying Prapun's hospitality at his home, he brought us to his shop house to see more ranchus....yes I agree with the group that this year when we go back Bangkok for comp we will definitely include Prapun's visit into schedule. Seeing all the excitement...I think all of us act at least 10 years younger...oogling and buying Prapun's fishes.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Thank you mod TVR for taking the video and sharing with us
Old 09-01-2016, 11:35 PM   #70
kitsilano

AFC Member

I think over the years visiting Thailand for ranchu hunting and competitions, I brushed into Dew on many occasions and also bought a few of his fishes. Dew IMHO is Thailand top ranchu breeder...this guy is amazing and very skillful. Even after so many rounds of Thai buying and whatever remain at his home...we managed to buy at least a dozen top grade young comp grade ranchu home....

Dew is friendly but he hardly speak much English but his beautiful wife does speak fluent English and she help translate. Hahaha Dew is definitely a great place to visit again.