Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 15-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #21
dzylim
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxwagon View Post
After one year of the elections, what has improved or changed?

Costs of living?

Costs of transportation?

Costs of houses?
everything! all improved in pricing upwards.
dzylim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #22
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Govt dont help its own people then who should it help?
Quote:
After one year of the elections, what has improved or changed?

Costs of living?

Costs of transportation?

Costs of houses?
This is what I noticed :

Costs of living - MAS has steadily rise the S$ to defray the rise in costs of foreign goods, new hawker centers are planned

Costs of transport - Raymond Lim is replaced....new buses and trains are bought and more new lines planned ad declared

Costs of housing - MBT is replaced and more land and housing projects announced.....with more cooling measures

Others - Ministers and president's pay revised downwards, garment now plans to build more nursing homes than ask the poor to live in Johor.....
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #23
foxwagon
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkh View Post
This is what I noticed :

Costs of living - MAS has steadily rise the S$ to defray the rise in costs of foreign goods, new hawker centers are planned

Costs of transport - Raymond Lim is replaced....new buses and trains are bought and more new lines planned ad declared

Costs of housing - MBT is replaced and more land and housing projects announced.....with more cooling measures

Others - Ministers and president's pay revised downwards, garment now plans to build more nursing homes than ask the poor to live in Johor.....
Very good observations.

These were planned measures announced after the elections.

However, has these worked?

I doubt so.
foxwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #24
Humongous

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkh View Post
This is what I noticed :

I spokened to Blk 85 Bedok hawkers friend... was told that the undergoing renovation hawker Centre.. once ready will see a 30% rental increase, from currently $3800 to a new fee of $4940 per month..... so who will pay for the rise in rental?

Yeah right, who is paying for the new buses... not the super duper profiteering GLC bus company nor the Train Operator.... but the people. And yes so much for pre planned notion... the new DTL is only three carriage only.... talk about the increased in population....

More Cooling measure? for private or HDB? Look at the current ever soaring rocket high asking price for the "subsidised" unit....

Pay revised downward? after their few rounds of Pay Structure Refresh.... this is just tip of the iceberg.... is the poor and old any better off? Was told by a forummer that he was rebutted by a MP when he seek social help for a old lady that he took care off, and mind you this old lday is not his relative have no next of kin relationship.... He paid at least 60K for the old lady for her hospital and palliative stay, and was asking for the social grant for the old lady as she does not have any income... but was told that the government would not help as she was staying in his property.

And when he asked what is the way to help the old lady, the Female MP retorted that he can choose to throw the old lady out onto the street, then social welfare will care for her.... Mind you, this old lady is a human being, even when we rescue animal off the street, we dont just redump them back to the street....

And when he was employing a maid to care for the ailing old lady, he was told that the elderly rebate in levy is not apllicable , due to the fact that she was not his next of kin..... This female lady MP very "good".....
Old 15-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #25
dzylim
Arofanatic

new hawkers to be run by an organization. i think we can guess who it may be. kopitiam, koufu or NTUC.

our $ rise then things should be cheaper... how come i am paying 10cts more for my kopi? how come milk powder for my children more and more expensive?

cost of transport they say this year will not increase because of the MRT big break down. next year they will paint a different story, and i am still having to wait 15 mins for a feeder bus in AMK GRC during peak hrs. trains are more packed and old buses still ply my estate most of the time and is not parent with baby friendly.

Do you know everytime there is a train breakdown, how much more extra they earn because the passengers will be double charged if they spend more then the stipulated time in the train. and they operators do not automatically refund you the money.

cost of housing? waiting for the bubble to burst only. i am buying to stay not to invest. so it does not affect me.

nothing much has improved since after the election. only thing is the government is better at wayanging. they pretend to listen and promise to do something. but will only give us scraps.
Old 15-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #26
foxwagon
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humongous View Post

Pay revised downward? after their few rounds of Pay Structure Refresh.... this is just tip of the iceberg.... is the poor and old any better off? Was told by a forummer that he was rebutted by a MP when he seek social help for a old lady that he took care off, and mind you this old lday is not his relative have no next of kin relationship.... He paid at least 60K for the old lady for her hospital and palliative stay, and was asking for the social grant for the old lady as she does not have any income... but was told that the government would not help as she was staying in his property.

And when he asked what is the way to help the old lady, the Female MP retorted that he can choose to throw the old lady out onto the street, then social welfare will care for her.... Mind you, this old lady is a human being, even when we rescue animal off the street, we dont just redump them back to the street....

And when he was employing a maid to care for the ailing old lady, he was told that the elderly rebate in levy is not apllicable , due to the fact that she was not his next of kin..... This female lady MP very "good".....
This is very sad to hear.
foxwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #27
dzylim
Arofanatic

should make the case known to public and see how they react. once this matter is open, i am sure they will have to do something.
Old 15-10-2012, 04:41 PM   #28
hkh
Arofanatic

I sincerely hope that lady MP leaves the garment or voters vote her out as she is simply providing ridiculous solution while sitting there collecting her allowances.......

Yes more can be done and I do hope our garment not just paying us a lip service but to do work for the benefits of all Singaporeans, rich or poor......
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #29
bobbysayang
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humongous View Post

..... [/COLOR]
If this episode really happened, the female MP should be named and made to face the consequences.
bobbysayang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #30
Humongous

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysayang View Post
If this episode really happened, the female MP should be named and made to face the consequences.
The Source is a reputable member of our community, kind hearted and passionate. I dont ever dout his word for it, amd i doubt anyone would. But as to open this up to public, i believe he will choose to do the charitiable cuase quietly and to be even more resolute.

Last edited by Humongous; 15-10-2012 at 05:39 PM.