Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 12-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #1
.Hack
Dragon

Default PAP MP Dr Lam Pin Min Wants MOH To Set Up Special Fund For PRs Medical Bill

The recent announcement by the Ministry of Health (MOH) to reduce the healthcare subsidies for Singapore PRs have brought mixed reactions from Singaporeans.

While some welcome the move, others felt the subsidies for Singaporean citizens should be increased instead.

However, at least one PAP MP Dr Lam Pin Min is extremely worried about the impact of the new measures on PRs.

Speaking in Parliament on Wednesday, GPC Chair for Health Dr Lam Pin Min feels some PRs may need help to adjust to the changes and hopes the Ministry can set up a special fund to help PRs who cannot afford their medical bills and have no where to turn to for support.

His comments triggered a chorus of disapproval from netizens who lampooned him for ‘helping’ foreigners instead of locals.

Some responses on Hardwarezone forum:

“Is he afraid that the PRs cannot afford to pay for his services? His main clients all PRS izzi??” – singpat

“Why are our elected MPs using their parliamentary time to discuss the needs of foreigners? If my employee spends his time talking about how to benefit my competitors, i’ll fire him in a sec.” – vicodin

“my MP, xiasuay, speaking up for PR in parliarment when he shd be speaking for sinkies” – veryhungryboy

http://temasektimes.wordpress.com/20...medical-bills/
.Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #2
leong26

Ha, many like me also dun understand why har.. Elected mp go into parliament to talk speak for non Singaporean to be fair heathcare subsidies should more or less be the same for those PRs who has married to singaporean n have kids born here settle here .. These type should subsidies as more n more Singapore men choose their other half oversea.

There are alot of PR which brings the entire family here take blue IC take advantage of the system and have no intention to become Singaporean .. The gov should target these type ,reduce more or give nothing, cos these type will just pack n retire back to their homeland when they earn or take enough advantage..

Put it simple... These type is the jia Liao bee type of PR

Last edited by leong26; 12-04-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #3
.Hack
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by leong26 View Post
Ha, many like me also dun understand why har.. Elected mp go into parliament to talk speak for non Singaporean to be fair heathcare subsidies should more or less be the same for those PRs who has married to singaporean n have kids born here settle here .. These type should subsidies as more n more Singapore men choose their other half oversea.

There are alot of PR which brings the entire family here take blue IC take advantage of the system and have no intention to become Singaporean .. The gov should target these type ,reduce more or give nothing, cos these type will just pack n retire back to their homeland when they earn or take enough advantage..

Put it simple... These type is the jia Liao bee type of PR
Actually cannot put all blame at gahment for foreigners issue. Alot of companies also play with the foreign worker quota loop hole to employ foreigners. All they have to do is to report say they can't find Singaporeans to work for them, so have to employ foreigners. The previous MNC i worked at, i can say for my department, more than 80% are foreigners, Malaysia, Myanmar, majority are China and Pinoy. Say department cut manpower, in the end remove Singaporeans, then employ foreigners, cut manpower my @ss, all is for minimizing employee salary.

But this LP Min really a joke. Citizens voted for him, and he go help PR, put them infront of his on citizens. Really an insult and a slap in the face to those who voted him.
.Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 01:20 AM   #4
leong26

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Hack View Post
Actually cannot put all blame at gahment for foreigners issue. Alot of companies also play with the foreign worker quota loop hole to employ foreigners. All they have to do is to report say they can't find Singaporeans to work for them, so have to employ foreigners. The previous MNC i worked at, i can say for my department, more than 80% are foreigners, Malaysia, Myanmar, majority are China and Pinoy. Say department cut manpower, in the end remove Singaporeans, then employ foreigners, cut manpower my @ss, all is for minimizing employee salary.
But this LP Min really a joke. Citizens voted for him, and he go help PR, put them infront of his on citizens. Really an insult and a slap in the face to those who voted him.
u are not alone bro..my side sama sama that time china..now lagi tokong pinoy n these pinoy no need quota at all..u want hire how many also can 10 20 30 as u wish ha,

this is why those rich is going to be richer n richer.. no rich ones is going to get poorer n poorer n poorer.....gov say one word "economy very bad" company cut these cut that.. gov say "economy very good" company says not much to earn.. haiz... how to earn eat kana by these kind
Old 13-04-2012, 01:34 AM   #5
Huaikong
Endangered Dragon

own pple haben taken fully care off still wan to tink of the pr,piangz.....
Huaikong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 02:25 AM   #6
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huaikong View Post
own pple haben taken fully care off still wan to tink of the pr,piangz.....
We must make Foreigners feel welcome.....Dr Lam can do your bit by giving free or discounted medical care to PRs la.....
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote