Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 23-12-2010, 09:17 AM   #41
Chinmo
Senior Dragon

yo bro naz! how u?

whoa uncle richard! what u feed them? grow so supa dupa fast de!
Chinmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2010, 10:45 AM   #42
kitsilano

AFC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbean View Post
So when invite me to do some scooping ? hehehehe
Ben you pulling my leg lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazari View Post
All looking very good......potentially some winning fishes will come from here!
Job Well Done!!
Thanks Nazari...a critique from you boost up my morale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinmo View Post
yo bro naz! how u?

whoa uncle richard! what u feed them? grow so supa dupa fast de!
See video....plenty plenty bloodworms
kitsilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2010, 05:41 PM   #43
AroHong

AFC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsilano View Post
Bro you should come back and play tvrs....new season coming and plenty black babies in all the farms soon.
Thinking of, probably can only do so sometime next year after I shift.
AroHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2010, 05:44 PM   #44
AroHong

AFC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVR View Post
I second that!
Missed you at the comp last wkend. Will contact you for lobangs if I get to start again.
AroHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2010, 03:14 AM   #45
Fire87
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsilano View Post
This is how I do my spawning and you are welcome to ask any questions. First and foremost must prepare mentally and physically for spawning....you must be willing to dedicate the time and energy to do a good spawn otherwise you are just bringing lives into this world without any care about their well beings and their eventualities.

I normally will watch the fishes behaviour every nite before I off the light and I will know over time my fish behaviour... to know that I am going to have a spawn the next morning. I prepare "FOUR" basins...2 of the basins of fresh water is to put the male and female (separated after spawning to rest and recuperate), while the other 2 basins are used one for spawning and the other as a holding basins during spawning.

(1)Always start with the male.....if you handspawn the female first....eggs out and you massage the male and no milt...jialat you will panic and might waste the eggs if you cannot get a 2nd male ready in time. After milt out from the male, handspawn the female and rotate male female, male female. Use half basin of water....just slightly enough water to let the fishes feel comfortable. Also remember to spread the eggs and milt around and not concerntrate them all in one spot.

(2)Spawning done, let the basin of eggs sit for about 10-15 minutes...gently stir the water regularly during spawning to spread the milt around. After 10-15minutes, siphon out all the water and add in fresh water to wash the excess milt and whatever other debris that is in the basin. Do it at least 2 times and when fill up again with fresh water, add in a "dash" of Methylene Blue...a "dash" is just a faint light blue colour Methelyne Blue...too dark or too much MB...the eggs will not hatch.

(3)I uses an ice probe chiller to chill the water while waiting for the eggs to hatch...if water temperature in the low 20's, eggs hatch 3-4 days, otherwise in our climate eggs hatch in 2 to 2 1/2 days. Try blowing a fan over the eggs 24 hrs till hatch and airstone on high till hatch. The longer the eggs take to hatch the stronger the fries...self explanatory.

(4)Meanwhile the parent fishes are separated and kept in the 2 different basins of fresh water....add a dash of MB and let them rest....normally dont feed them till the next day when they start swimming and looking for food.

Spawning is just half the equation....ok to do it once or twice to enjoy the excitement, thrills and education from raising young fries. To be good, one got to have great discipline and dedication....good fishes are just not by accident....lots of hard work and energy involved coupled with a bit of luck!!
this is very good info!
will try it when i'm back from holidays !
Fire87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2011, 11:35 PM   #46
shimark

Bro, waiting for your update ley. When can kopi and talk tvr....
Old 25-01-2011, 10:58 AM   #47
kitsilano

AFC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimark View Post
Bro, waiting for your update ley. When can kopi and talk tvr....
Bro Shimark...sorry been busy with some M&A activities...lol some pocket $$$ for CNY. After CNY we can kopi and talk ranchus...right now still very tied down. Anyway long overdue to share my 2011 breeding...share one piece and its "Singapore Made".
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by kitsilano; 25-01-2011 at 11:01 AM.
kitsilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2011, 01:45 PM   #48
Mr Shai
User Under Moderation

congrats...love the tail, love the swimming.
Mr Shai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2011, 09:14 PM   #49
florakid
Dragon

nice. i like.
florakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 12:46 AM   #50
protein01

looking good! just curious, how many bbr made it this far?